Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

5 minutes ago, nacho said:

because it was a seperate league to the spl at that time, do you have any proof it was because we were a new club or is it just a theory with no evidence backing it?

Why were they denied one for their existing league?  They'd just finished second top after all.

22 minutes ago, nacho said:

i agree with you on most of that, but as far as i am concerned oldcos liquidation is down to hmrc chasing rangers for money they were not entitled too, we will see if the courts agree with me in the next few weeks

I'm pretty sure you're wrong here.

Rangers were wound up because of debt owed beyond the big tax case.  Obviously it was that looming massive bill that meant Murray was prepared to sell up to someone like Whyte.  However, the liquidation is not linked to the EBTs in the very direct way you suggest.

2 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

Any idea why Rangers had to apply for a license to play in Division 3 Nacho.

They didn't.  They applied to play in Div 3.  They used the same SFA license as they always did.  You're conflating two things and making a c**t of it.

All of this has been dealt with on the BRALT, as many on here know.

18 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Why were they denied one for their existing league?  They'd just finished second top after all.

You well know the answer to this so let's not turn yet another Rangers thread in to the BRALT.

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

You well know the answer to this so let's not turn yet another Rangers thread in to the BRALT.

Yes, I do.

It's really Nacho you need to have a word with though. He does the same thing every few weeks.  I think he has a schedule for it fastened to his fridge door.

27 minutes ago, The DA said:

I'm not referring to the legalities: we could argue all year about that, and have for the past 5 years.  I'm referring to the morality of it all.  'We broke the rules, admitted to it and were fined, but we're keeping the proceeds.' 

Again, both the legal and moral issues have been explored in great detail elsewhere.  Find your way to that thread.  I know you won't get lost.

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

Again, both the legal and moral issues have been explored in great detail elsewhere.  Find your way to that thread.  I know you won't get lost.

I don't see you directing your fellow Rangers fan, nacho, towards The Pit.

1 minute ago, The DA said:

I don't see you directing your fellow Rangers fan, nacho, towards The Pit.

Wee Nacho is here to discuss our forthcoming season which starts on Thursday.  Unfortunately his valuable posts are being spammed by folk who should know better.

Plus I'm an eternal optimist.  I'd like to think we can have one Rangers thread that discusses the season's events without being trolled.

6 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, I do.

It's really Nacho you need to have a word with though. He does the same thing every few weeks.  I think he has a schedule for it fastened to his fridge door.

Fridge door!  Feck, just as well you reminded me.  Have to put the rest of the joint away now that it's cooled down a bit - wife would have murdered me if I'd forgotten.

Cheers, Monkey.

20 minutes ago, The DA said:

Fridge door!  Feck, just as well you reminded me.  Have to put the rest of the joint away now that it's cooled down a bit - wife would have murdered me if I'd forgotten.

Cheers, Monkey.

What did you have, bud?  We had baked ham which I've not cooked for years.  I should do it more often.

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

What did you have, bud?  We had baked ham which I've not cooked for years.  I should do it more often.

A topside from Sainsbury's.  The family like it slow-cooked while I prefer it left a bit pink in the middle.  I always lose.

Still, there's enough left over for stovies tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, The DA said:

A topside from Sainsbury's.  The family like it slow-cooked while I prefer it left a bit pink in the middle.  I always lose.

Still, there's enough left over for stovies tomorrow.

I'm with you (ffs!) - a piece of topside should always be medium rare.  And stovies should never be made from square sausage.

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

I'm with you (ffs!) - a piece of topside should always be medium rare.  And stovies should never be made from square sausage.

I had to google 'stovies' in case I was making a faux pas - can stovies be made with beef?  

Needless to say, I was amazed, nay shocked, when I saw stovies could be made with... square sausage.  Square sausage is fit for only one thing - sausage on a roll.

13 minutes ago, The DA said:

I had to google 'stovies' in case I was making a faux pas - can stovies be made with beef?  

Needless to say, I was amazed, nay shocked, when I saw stovies could be made with... square sausage.  Square sausage is fit for only one thing - sausage on a roll.

When we were in Aberdeenshire we went to some 'do' in a village hall and they'd made stovies from square sausage.  'High dudgeon' does not begin to describe...