Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

18 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Sevco boys don't see any difference between getting some of your money back or getting none.

No wonder their club died.

daft **** seem to think its better to get 7p back in the pound than potentially all of it :rolleyes:

both get pennies in the pound and both dont pay their debts, there is zero difference, rangers adminsrators have 24 million in the bank from collier bristow and have a 29 million claim against duff and phelps in the courts now, there is a strong possibility that creditors will get 100% of their money

You justify it to yourself anyway you like.

Do you know what cva stands for? It contains the word voluntary. That means the creditors actually got to have a say in what they received back. It means they retain a bit of control in the process.

If what you say about the liquidation process is true then fantastic, I'll be delighted if creditors receive their money. But it doesn't change the fact that liquidation means the creditor loses any modicum of control over the process. You get what you're given. Not only that but the debtor starts a new company and acts as if nothing ever happened.

This isn't just a rangers thing. It's a horrible fact about modern day business in the U.K. The 'Phoenix company' model is all too commonplace.

2 hours ago, nacho said:

no bother, what bits are you struggling with?

The bit where all the good stuff, including titles and trophies, belongs to the ethereal eternal club but the debts incurred in winning those trophies belong to the defunct company.

Run that by me again.  I never tire of hearing about it.

Edited by The DA
Because 'wining' trophies feels a bit underhand and smacks of corruption.

57 minutes ago, nacho said:

both get pennies in the pound and both dont pay their debts, there is zero difference, rangers adminsrators have 24 million in the bank from collier bristow and have a 29 million claim against duff and phelps in the courts now, there is a strong possibility that creditors will get 100% of their money

Any idea why Rangers had to apply for a license to play in Division 3 Nacho.

Morally, in terms of running up debts that can't nearly be settled, I'd agree that there is little difference between the behaviour of those formerly in charge of say, Dundee and those who ran Rangers.

That's why people who claim Rangers died because they couldn't pay up debt, are on a sticky wicket.  In terms of actual fact though, whereby professional football clubs are companies, then something very different happened with Rangers.  It happened with Gretna too.

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

You justify it to yourself anyway you like.

Do you know what cva stands for? It contains the word voluntary. That means the creditors actually got to have a say in what they received back. It means they retain a bit of control in the process.

If what you say about the liquidation process is true then fantastic, I'll be delighted if creditors receive their money. But it doesn't change the fact that liquidation means the creditor loses any modicum of control over the process. You get what you're given. Not only that but the debtor starts a new company and acts as if nothing ever happened.

This isn't just a rangers thing. It's a horrible fact about modern day business in the U.K. The 'Phoenix company' model is all too commonplace.

i agree with you on most of that, but as far as i am concerned oldcos liquidation is down to hmrc chasing rangers for money they were not entitled too, we will see if the courts agree with me in the next few weeks

29 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Morally, in terms of running up debts that can't nearly be settled, I'd agree that there is little difference between the behaviour of those formerly in charge of say, Dundee and those who ran Rangers.

That's why people who claim Rangers died because they couldn't pay up debt, are on a sticky wicket.  In terms of actual fact though, whereby professional football clubs are companies, then something very different happened with Rangers.  It happened with Gretna too.

Rangers were liquidated because they fucked the HMRC about for years over their tax avoidance/evasion* schemes and further compounded this by denying the existence of side letters exonerating the recipient of tax due when the HMRC were already in possession of some of them.

This is why Rangers biggest creditor rejected the proposed cva and they were liquidated.

*tbc in court shortly.

1 hour ago, The DA said:

The bit where all the good stuff, including titles and trophies, belongs to the ethereal eternal club but the debts incurred in wining those trophies belong to the defunct company.

Run that by me again.  I never tire of hearing about it.

no bother , heres various legal, administration and business experts stating it happened and how it happened, now why do you think they are wrong?

lord glennie

"This is a petition for judicial review by the Rangers Football Club plc, a company presently in administration. That company presently operates Rangers Football Club (to whom I shall refer as "Rangers").

lord nimmo

·          “It is the club, not the owner, who plays in the league,” he said. “The rules clearly contemplate sanctions upon a club, in distinction to upon the owner or operator.

“On the 14thof June 2012 a newly incorporated company, Sevco Scotland Ltd., purchased substantially all the business and assets of Oldco, INCLUDING RANGERS FC”

·          “Oldco as a company, as distinct from the football management or players of Rangers FC as a club...”

lord banntyne

"The Rangers Football Club Plc ceased to be the owner and operator of a football team in consequence of the sale to SEVCO Scotland Limited by its administrators on 14 June 2012 of substantially the whole of its business and undertaking, including Rangers Football Club"

hmrc

“the liquidation route does not prejudice the proposed sale of the club. This sale can take place either through a CVA or a liquidation.”

duff and phelps

“The Club will continue to operate as it has always done but within a new company structure.”

bdo

"The joint administrators intend to complete a transfer of the business and assets to a new company in the coming days, putting the future of the club on more secure footing.”

1 hour ago, Dindeleux said:

Any idea why Rangers had to apply for a license to play in Division 3 Nacho.

because it was a seperate league to the spl at that time, do you have any proof it was because we were a new club or is it just a theory with no evidence backing it?

Just now, nacho said:

no bother , heres various legal, administration and business experts stating it happened and how it happened, now why do you think they are wrong?

lord glennie

"This is a petition for judicial review by the Rangers Football Club plc, a company presently in administration. That company presently operates Rangers Football Club (to whom I shall refer as "Rangers").

lord nimmo

·          “It is the club, not the owner, who plays in the league,” he said. “The rules clearly contemplate sanctions upon a club, in distinction to upon the owner or operator.

“On the 14thof June 2012 a newly incorporated company, Sevco Scotland Ltd., purchased substantially all the business and assets of Oldco, INCLUDING RANGERS FC”

·          “Oldco as a company, as distinct from the football management or players of Rangers FC as a club...”

lord banntyne

"The Rangers Football Club Plc ceased to be the owner and operator of a football team in consequence of the sale to SEVCO Scotland Limited by its administrators on 14 June 2012 of substantially the whole of its business and undertaking, including Rangers Football Club"

hmrc

“the liquidation route does not prejudice the proposed sale of the club. This sale can take place either through a CVA or a liquidation.”

duff and phelps

“The Club will continue to operate as it has always done but within a new company structure.”

bdo

"The joint administrators intend to complete a transfer of the business and assets to a new company in the coming days, putting the future of the club on more secure footing.”

I'm not referring to the legalities: we could argue all year about that, and have for the past 5 years.  I'm referring to the morality of it all.  'We broke the rules, admitted to it and were fined, but we're keeping the proceeds.' 

5 minutes ago, nacho said:

lord glennie

lord nimmo

lord banntyne

hmrc

duff and phelps

bdo

Did Gretna survive entirely intact too?