Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

Disappointed that Bates is leaving but Rangers obviously weren't too bothered about re-signing him. If it's true he wanted £7.5k a week there's plenty of players at Rangers on more.

Ah well, best of luck to him. Hopefully he'll do well at Hamburg.

Its an odd one. £7k a week seems steep for Bates,  but thats £400k for a year. Are Rangers expecting to replace him with someone with similar potential for that little?

I'd take a stab in the dark that Alves earns far more.

8 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its an odd one. £7k a week seems steep for Bates,  but thats £400k for a year. Are Rangers expecting to replace him with someone with similar potential for that little?

I'd take a stab in the dark that Alves earns far more.

He's shown a lot more than Alves, Martin, Cardoso etc have done at centre half, sometimes you just need your defenders to defend. 

Rumours that the club saw him as a squad player, a mistake imo.

According to the sun Kenny and Wallace have been told to do one.

"Kenny Miller will be sacked by Rangers today
The 38-year-old former Scotland striker’s contract runs out at the end of the season but he’ll have his deal paid up in full and then be immediately shown the door.

Captain Wallace, 30, also seems certain to have played his last game for the club"

Rumours of Wallace going to hearts.

According to the sun Kenny and Wallace have been told to do one.

"Kenny Miller will be sacked by Rangers today
The 38-year-old former Scotland striker’s contract runs out at the end of the season but he’ll have his deal paid up in full and then be immediately shown the door.

Captain Wallace, 30, also seems certain to have played his last game for the club"

Rumours of Wallace going to hearts.

What a waste of a career for Wallace so far.

Zero major trophies
9 Scotland caps

Going to Div 3 worked out really well for him.

Zero major trophies
9 Scotland caps

At least he remained staunch though. The **** curiously value both staunchness and success equally. Whilst not acheiving both simultaneously they have no idea what to do.

He will leave a legend for some of them and a filthy traitor for some others when the reality is he is a fucking loser of the highest order with an absolute nothing of a career to look back on.

So that's the third manager Kenny Miller has tried to get sacked in the last 12 months?

What a disgrace of a 'professional'.  Leaking stories to the press via his wife as well, fucking hell.  An absolute c**t of the highest order.

7 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

Zero major trophies
9 Scotland caps

He'll be able to wax lyrical about that Challenge Cup win for years to come. Also, WATP.

25 minutes ago, Desp said:

So that's the third manager Kenny Miller has tried to get sacked in the last 12 months?

What a disgrace of a 'professional'.  Leaking stories to the press via his wife as well, fucking hell.  An absolute c**t of the highest order.

Bazza taught him well.

Not a bad strategy. The ***garian "supporters" will be too thick to realise that this means Miller getting his contract paid up in full. They'll think it means Stauncho are saving money by not paying him any more.

Put aside the little section that says I'm a Celtic fan for a minute and just listen to my opinion.

Rangers are not just a joke of a football club, you are a joke of a professional organisation. I would have hoped those years climbing the divisions would have imparted a sense of place and a humbleness to the rangers community but apparently it hasnt.

If you as a grown human being still spend your time and money following RFC then please stop and think for a minute if its with your time, commitment and the stress.

Scottish football is a fucking joke. We love it because its ours but is there really and self fulfilment or betterment to be had from supporting either rangers or Celtic? Really?

The sooner football decays as a spectator sport, especially in this country, the better. I cannot think of a single entity which promotes such bigotry, tribalism and hated in the name of selling tickets to a sports event.

And all this so a bunch of lonely middle aged alcoholics can feel like their lives mean something at the weekend.

Celtic and Rangers. More like Cancer and Rabies. The sooner both these institutions collapse, the better for our society.

35 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Will Murtinho see out the season?

He's going far beyond the call of duty as it is.  Staying all season under those conditions should result in canonisation from the Pope.

2 minutes ago, Crroma said:

Put aside the little section that says I'm a Celtic fan for a minute and just listen to my opinion.

Rangers are not just a joke of a football club, you are a joke of a professional organisation. I would have hoped those years climbing the divisions would have imparted a sense of place and a humbleness to the rangers community but apparently it hasnt.

If you as a grown human being still spend your time and money following RFC then please stop and think for a minute if its with your time, commitment and the stress.

Scottish football is a fucking joke. We love it because its ours but is there really and self fulfilment or betterment to be had from supporting either rangers or Celtic? Really?

The sooner football decays as a spectator sport, especially in this country, the better. I cannot think of a single entity which promotes such bigotry, tribalism and hated in the name of selling tickets to a sports event.

And all this so a bunch of lonely middle aged alcoholics can feel like their lives mean something at the weekend.

Celtic and Rangers. More like Cancer and Rabies. The sooner both these institutions collapse, the better for our society.

Wow! Now, why are you on a football website? You’ve more or less told the rest of us to sod off. Try supporting a proper FOOTBALL club and get a different perspective on life.

7 minutes ago, Crroma said:

Scottish football > Rangers + Celtic.

10 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Will Murtinho see out the season?

I feel as sorry for him as I can for anyone employed by Rangers. I think Murty's done a decent job, if you take into account his thin experience and the mess he was chucked into before Christmas. He's got the team to second, and for once Rangers' signing policy looks sustainable. It's also refreshing to listen to an interview with a Rangers manager which doesn't have an undertone of paranoia. He talks well.

I've no doubt he'll be judged by his results against Celtic, but they're streets ahead in every department and the guy's still learning. If he's lost the dressing room, though, then that's pretty much curtains, whoever is to blame.