Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

You know the renewal deadline passed ages ago, aye?

Err........that’s the point isn’t it ?
Prior to D-day, Jabba & The Poodles on full moonbeam mode, coming up with any old shite to ensure ST’s get shifted.
Presumably now a threshold has been reached and the lights can stay on for a while.
Ergo, the bullshit “big star” stories can now be debunked.
Never change, Sevco. [emoji149][emoji149]

Just now, Florentine_Pogen said:

Err........that’s the point isn’t it ?
Prior to D-day, Jabba & The Poodles on full moonbeam mode, coming up with any old shite to ensure ST’s get shifted.
Presumably now a threshold has been reached and the lights can stay on for a while.
Ergo, the bullshit “big star” stories can now be debunked.
Never change, Sevco. emoji149.pngemoji149.png

So they released the story about Skrtel after the deadline passed to do what? 

18 minutes ago, The_Judge said:

Would signing someone like Martin Skrtel really be a motivation for renewing a ST?  

I wouldn’t think so. Gerrard taking the managers job is enough. Hell, I think sales would have been high regardless of Gerrard getting the job or not.

This is a support where 50k turn up to watch 4th tier games with sh*te players in every position. I think sales would have been fine without being linked to Skrtel who arguably isn’t even a marquee name. Traynor would have surely come up with something more exciting than a centre back?... :) 

I wouldn’t think so. Gerrard taking the managers job is enough. Hell, I think sales would have been high regardless of Gerrard getting the job or not.
This is a support where 50k turn up to watch 4th tier games with sh*te players in every position. I think sales would have been fine without being linked to Skrtel who arguably isn’t even a marquee name. Traynor would have surely come up with something more exciting than a centre back?... [emoji4] 

You are partially correct. Huge crowds in the lower leagues partly because of the shock of their death. However, if the oldco is anything to go by, a few more seasons of not challenging and crowds with diminish. There is a siege mentality still in place but that won’t last as revenues decrease. Your biggest problems are that Celtic are a bigger and much richer club. Secondly, Dave King. He is owed millions in soft loans and will never leave until he gets that back. Can only see many, many more years of banter

Your biggest problems are that Celtic are a bigger and much richer club. Secondly, Dave King. He is owed millions in soft loans and will never leave until he gets that back. Can only see many, many more years of banter

You sure about that, CB ? We know that Ol’ Googly Eyes is a ‘major’ shareholder but I can’t remember him fronting up for soft loans, for as his expensive QC told the CoS, King is skint.
I thought that Johnston, Park (Pére et Fils), Taylor and Letham were responsible for the soft cash ?

You sure about that, CB ? We know that Ol’ Googly Eyes is a ‘major’ shareholder but I can’t remember him fronting up for soft loans, for as his expensive QC told the CoS, King is skint.
I thought that Johnston, Park (Pére et Fils), Taylor and Letham were responsible for the soft cash ?

You may be right FP, but the mess surrounding tens of millions of worthless shares makes any attempt to oust King almost impossible.

Gerrard is not pursuing a move for former Liverpool team-mate Martin Skrtel . The defender is not on the list of potential recruits being considered by Rangers. ( Herald )

from his agent on twitter,

Rangers are interested in Martin, I personally talked to Steven Gerrard about this possibility, but he is dealing with financial affairs and Martin has sincerely said that it would be an honour for him to play under Gerrard's leadership for some three years, but now there are complex financial matters that are too far apart to find a compromise, "he said

5 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Rangers are interested in Martin, I personally talked to Steven Gerrard about this possibility, but he is dealing with financial affairs and Martin has sincerely said that it would be an honour for him to play under Gerrard's leadership for some three years, but now there are complex financial matters that are too far apart to find a compromise, "he said

Those EBT's are tricky to hide now.

28 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

complex financial matter:

being very well paid>possibly not paid

3 hours ago, CambieBud said:

The Daily Rangers and the other rags telling porkies? Surely not. Skrtel is on huge wages in Turkey. Was never going to Greyskull. Do they not understand the realities of modern football? This is 2018. Wages of even average players in top leagues are more than Rangers annual budget. The glory days of the dead club signing International superstars are over for good. Wakey wakey.

Sigh. How many times? Greyskull was where the good guys lived. Sevco are not the good guys. It should be Snake Mountain.

Agentspeak for :-
“Thank you for your interest in my client. However, we assume that your Jellytots offer/package is just a bit of ‘Glesgae banter’. Please confirm by return that this was not put together by a 5 year old.”

10 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Skrtl story complete horseshit then 

Still, the Traynor spin will have shifted a few more season tickets 

Jim Traynor apparently writes for the Sun now, great post Grimey.

5 hours ago, CambieBud said:

You are partially correct. Huge crowds in the lower leagues partly because of the shock of their death. However, if the oldco is anything to go by, a few more seasons of not challenging and crowds with diminish. There is a siege mentality still in place but that won’t last as revenues decrease. Your biggest problems are that Celtic are a bigger and much richer club. Secondly, Dave King. He is owed millions in soft loans and will never leave until he gets that back. Can only see many, many more years of banter

Five years from now...... Those sevcrowds will start diminishing any day now...

Ten years from now ..... Damn those Sevcrowds, just diminish!!!!!!

Penalty to celtic.

Be interesting to see how a team born from the ashes of the deceased club (2196 days ago) will cope with a club formed 144years ago.
Lets hope experience triumphs over this new clubs bigotry.

God only knows why your still carrying on with this act:lol:

You’re a Rangers fan.