Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

4 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Rangers yet again going for 'names' rather than players they actually need to build a side that will get close to Celtic.  Deary me.

P&Ber going for a tired and over used cliché.... 

It's only a cliche because you dafties never learn and keep making the same mistakes over and over again.

£2.7m and likely a big wage for a washed up 33 year old who just wants one last pay day. Then you'll be on here in a years time surprised at how he's only managed 20 games and how no-one could've known this world class player was going to be shite in Scotland while giving it the cliche talk when Tony Adams is about sign on the dotted line.

10 minutes ago, bennett said:

Not really, it's what your club do to appease the fans.  Quick fixes to get the season tickets sold.

In 2016 Sevco signed Pip Senderos, how did that go?
In 2017 Sevco signed Bruno Alves, how did that go?
In 2018 Sevco want to sign Martin Skrtel, how do you think that will go?

To play Devils advocate for a second, last few times I have seen Skrtel he has been pretty good and is far superior to either of the other two mentioned.

Yuk.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

To play Devils advocate for a second, last few times I have seen Skrtel he has been pretty good and is far superior to either of the other two mentioned.

Yuk.

Is he? Alves is better I'd say, he's just "injured" a lot. 

Skrtel is just another huddy who'll under estimate the league. 

Harry Wilson on the other hand, is an absolute star. 

IMO (In My Opinion) Skrtel is a very very good CH, but as you correctly say, the attitude of players coming to Scotland often is what undoes them and I cant speak for that.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think the loan connections will be where Gerrard's influence will be best seen.   As much as the media and Rangers fans want to wet themselves with excitement over the prospect of "big name" former Liverpool players, getting the likes of Harry Wilson on loan will be much better for them in the short term on the pitch

Completely agree. Wilson is exactly the sort of player Rangers should be signing and I think he'd be a star up here. Skrtel in his day was a good CH but given his age and the costs involved it would be a mental signing.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

IMO (In My Opinion) Skrtel is a very very good CH, but as you correctly say, the attitude of players coming to Scotland often is what undoes them and I cant speak for that.

Nah, Skrtel has been in Turkey for three seasons now, sure you're not remembering the player he was before? 

Turkish league is an absolute killer of careers. 

9 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Skrtel seems very hot headed. I’d give him about 15 minutes in the opening game against Clogingston FC.

I can't wait to see which really average mid table lightweight attacking midfielder induces a total heads gone and gets him sent off first.

22 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

It's only a cliche because you dafties never learn and keep making the same mistakes over and over again.

£2.7m and likely a big wage for a washed up 33 year old who just wants one last pay day. Then you'll be on here in a years time surprised at how he's only managed 20 games and how no-one could've known this world class player was going to be shite in Scotland while giving it the cliche talk when Tony Adams is about sign on the dotted line.

Imagine getting so worked over some tabloid speculation.

He's an experienced top level centre half and what we've been crying out for, will he be able to hack it here?  (I don't have a crystal ball)

Imagine getting so worked over some tabloid speculation.

He's an experienced top level centre half and what we've been crying out for, will he be able to hack it here?  (I don't have a crystal ball)

Haha Who's getting worked up? I'd love it if you sign him.

I don't need a crystal ball to tell you he's not worth that sort of outlay at Rangers right now. The fact you and your fellow bears would accept the signing is the reason your "clubs holding company" will go bust again.

Nah, Skrtel has been in Turkey for three seasons now, sure you're not remembering the player he was before? 
Turkish league is an absolute killer of careers. 
Possibly this, but he absolutely bodied us in the recent internationals IIRC

36 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

I think the loan connections will be where Gerrard's influence will be best seen.   As much as the media and Rangers fans want to wet themselves with excitement over the prospect of "big name" former Liverpool players, getting the likes of Harry Wilson on loan will be much better for them in the short term on the pitch

that thought briefly crossed my mind at one point too, but then surely Rodgers has a Liverpool connection too if there's anyone there particularly worth taking on loan + Celtic can offer far better prospects of decent performances and exposure in European competition?