Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

On 04/05/2018 at 22:53, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

I agree that single club forums are packed full of roasters and best avoided, and that cherry picking the worst posts and putting them up on here may not be representative of how the majority of the fans feel/think.

But....

Given the sheer numbers of the users on RM and FF, it is surely the best indication of how the fan base, or the 'authentic voice of Sevconia' are feeling about any issue.

The relatively normal bears that post on here (Bennett being a massive outlier)are surely a too small sub sample to be considered.

@The_Kincardine

The last time you took umbrage at 'diddies' posting stuff from RM I replied with the above.

It was to your chagrin that you failed to give me a response.

Any comment ?

I didn't see a question.  Care to point it out?

Didn’t see it!! You answered it.

Pished again??

Here it is again, still going with Eurovision?

Kincy, what's with the Israel flag? I thought you were above that sort of point scoring nonsense.

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

Can Skrtel get in front of a defender and put his head on a ball?  If so, it'd be a huge improvement on our current defence.

I didn't see a question.  Care to point it out?

Can't be any worse than Martin or Cardoso, god knows how many points oor defence cost us this season. 

26 minutes ago, bennett said:

Enough of bairnardos pointless fishing, here's some sevtransfer news from the Sun.

RANGERS are close to signing Martin Skrtel and Harry Wilson.

It’s understood Gers have almost agreed a £2.7million deal to take Skrtel from Fenerbahce.

Good to see club 30 taking shape dancing in the streets.

6 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

@The_Kincardine

The last time you took umbrage at 'diddies' posting stuff from RM I replied with the above.

It was to your chagrin that you failed to give me a response.

Any comment ?

Sorry, bud.  I missed that entirely.  Not sure what it's like for our esteemed Hibees posters, of whom you're one, but I can often get a dozen or two notifications and some fall through the cracks.

You said, "Given the sheer numbers of the users on RM and FF, it is surely the best indication of how the fan base, or the 'authentic voice of Sevconia' are feeling about any issue." and this is a valid point.  However, P&B should never be regarded as, simply, an aggregate site.  To see us as a cumbucket for all that is bad on football message boards is demeaning both the the board and to we genuine posters.  I think I made my point well when I said:

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

If I want to see what, say, Hibs' fans think of an issue I'd look to said fans on this board.  This is sensible.  I'd stick hot needles through my scrotum before I'd go on hibskickback.standfree.net to tell me how to think.

Now you may take umbrage at this but I prefer the idea that P&B is self-referencing.  If you want to take issue with a Rangers poster then take issue with a P&B Rangers poster.  This is reasonable.

29 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Sorry, bud.  I missed that entirely.  Not sure what it's like for our esteemed Hibees posters, of whom you're one, but I can often get a dozen or two notifications and some fall through the cracks.

Fair enough.

34 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

You said, "Given the sheer numbers of the users on RM and FF, it is surely the best indication of how the fan base, or the 'authentic voice of Sevconia' are feeling about any issue." and this is a valid point.  However, P&B should never be regarded as, simply, an aggregate site.  To see us as a cumbucket for all that is bad on football message boards is demeaning both the the board and to we genuine posters.  

52 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Now you may take umbrage at this but I prefer the idea that P&B is self-referencing.  If you want to take issue with a Rangers poster then take issue with a P&B Rangers poster.  This is reasonable.

I agree to a certain extent that a Rangers Media post shouldn't be used as a stick to beat genuine posters on here like yourself and Knightswood et al.

However, your position on this subject has more than a hint of the 'head in the sand' or 'small minority' attitude prevalent amongst both the media and your fellow 'level headed' or 'genuine' supporters.

As I am sure you are aware, this attitude has and continues to be, hugely damaging to your club's reputation and to Sottish football and indeed to Scottish society.

25 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

As I am sure you are aware, this attitude has and continues to be, hugely damaging to your club's reputation and to Sottish football and indeed to Scottish society.

Which attitude are you referring to?  My only attitude, in this discussion, has been that, "P&B is self-referencing.  If you want to take issue with a Rangers poster then take issue with a P&B Rangers poster.  This is reasonable.".

How can you possibly regard this as, "damaging... Scottish society."?

Enough of bairnardos pointless fishing, here's some sevtransfer news from the Sun.

RANGERS are close to signing Martin Skrtel and Harry Wilson.

It’s understood Gers have almost agreed a £2.7million deal to take Skrtel from Fenerbahce.

b7fazs.gif

7 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

BTW I have never made a 'child abuse' post/reference and have frequently distanced myself from the BJK brigade.  That you take issue with my weather reference is to your chagrin.

I'm not convinced that you're using the term 'chagrin' properly here.  You'd be better sticking with 'demerit'. 

40 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I'm not convinced that you're using the term 'chagrin' properly here.  You'd be better sticking with 'demerit'. 

You'd think he would have mastered the English language by now, with all the practice he gets

8 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Which attitude are you referring to?  My only attitude, in this discussion, has been that, "P&B is self-referencing.  If you want to take issue with a Rangers poster then take issue with a P&B Rangers poster.  This is reasonable.".

How can you possibly regard this as, "damaging... Scottish society."?

Your attitude has been that RM and FF do not represent the views of Rangers fans and that we should look to the Rangers supporting posters of P&B.

There's two types of content from those sites referenced on this forum. The first, is usually pie in the sky posts of 'massive investment' and star names signing on at Ibrox. This is fine. It's what football fans of all clubs do and fans of other teams then point and laugh.

Then we have the other stuff. The 'views' and 'attitudes' that are widely shared and liked on forums and social media. Remember, we're talking about thousands of people here. You cannot seriously claim that the opinions of a handful of P&B posters are more reflective of the Rangers fans.

6 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Your attitude has been that RM and FF do not represent the views of Rangers fans and that we should look to the Rangers supporting posters of P&B.

There's two types of content from those sites referenced on this forum. The first, is usually pie in the sky posts of 'massive investment' and star names signing on at Ibrox. This is fine. It's what football fans of all clubs do and fans of other teams then point and laugh.

Then we have the other stuff. The 'views' and 'attitudes' that are widely shared and liked on forums and social media. Remember, we're talking about thousands of people here. You cannot seriously claim that the opinions of a handful of P&B posters are more reflective of the Rangers fans.

He will though. He has had lots of practice at it.

Rangers yet again going for 'names' rather than players they actually need to build a side that will get close to Celtic.  Deary me.