Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

Rangers, like everyone else, have no divine right to compete in any given league or cup. There is absolutely no conversation to be had regarding the validity of Celtics titles, or anyone elses cup wins. Plenty people wont like that, but its a completely undisputable truth.

As a matter of fact, the only trophies worthy of any discussion re being tainted are the ones won by a club found to be paying players they couldnt afford through the back door. Now I am not saying I want to discuss that, but again, its a fact.

I get where you are coming from and I understand why its a commonly held viewpoint among Scotlands lickspittle media and brainwashed fans. It really is simple though. Every title and every cup won since 2012 was contested fair and square.
As opposed to pre 2012 where every cup and league title were being contested by a club who were cheating every single other club in the country.

No, its a fact.
Since 2012, the other teams have had a depleted Celtic to compete against to win cups whereas before they had two very strong teams to compete against. Its not rocket science and seems a fairly obvious statement?
(Still taking nothing away from Aberdeen. First trophy in two decades tells its own story though)
Its not a fact though is it? What is your measure of easiness?

Why would a cup run, in which you will only ever have to play Celtic once, if indeed you play them at all, be easier because Rangers werent there?

16 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Rangers, like everyone else, have no divine right to compete in any given league or cup. There is absolutely no conversation to be had regarding the validity of Celtics titles, or anyone elses cup wins. Plenty people wont like that, but its a completely undisputable truth.

As a matter of fact, the only trophies worthy of any discussion re being tainted are the ones won by a club found to be paying players they couldnt afford through the back door. Now I am not saying I want to discuss that, but again, its a fact.

I get where you are coming from and I understand why its a commonly held viewpoint among Scotlands lickspittle media and brainwashed fans. It really is simple though. Every title and every cup won since 2012 was contested fair and square.

00021.jpg

Its not just about Rangers. It's about 2 teams pushing each other compared to one team doing just enough to be successful.
Now THAT, is an opinion.

Heres another one....

Perhaps Scottish football has simply found its natural level/order finally. You know, after a team at the top of it got busted cheating.

No, its a fact.
Since 2012, the other teams have had a depleted Celtic to compete against to win cups whereas before they had two very strong teams to compete against. Its not rocket science and seems a fairly obvious statement?
(Still taking nothing away from Aberdeen. First trophy in two decades tells its own story though)

To be honest any cup you won pre 2012 was at a time that Aberdeen were absolutely shite therefore it is clearly tainted.

Take nothing away from you though.

11 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Nobody talking about the fact that O'Halloran was in the Celtic end at the cup final? Apologies if i've missed it but did have a little look back and couldn't see anything.

Banter years thread

It's good to see the sense of entitlement that Aberdeen are just keeping second place warm for sevco.
The short term approach sevco keep taking,continuous in this transition with no long term plan in place.
After 6 years of the journey is there any player that sevco can build a team around?

It's good to see the sense of entitlement that Aberdeen are just keeping second place warm for sevco.
The short term approach sevco keep taking,continuous in this transition with no long term plan in place.
After 6 years of the journey is there any player that sevco can build a team around?

Barry Ferguson

Steve G should bring his boots with him.

I actually liked Steven Gerrard as a player- out with his scouse scumbaggery off the pitch.
The fact that his first foray into 1st team football is going to be an absolutely hilarious failure brings me no joy.*

*lie- I’ll Fucking love it.

1 hour ago, RossDee01 said:

Nobody talking about the fact that O'Halloran was in the Celtic end at the cup final? Apologies if i've missed it but did have a little look back and couldn't see anything.

Some of your more excitable diddy pals have been reading posts on RM about MOH and wanking furiously over it.  Back in the sane world no-one gives a f**k and the boy can support who he likes.

2 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

On the irony....

So Rangers Media is not an accurate reflection on the  poisonous collective mindset of Rangers supporters then?
how on earth did we all call that one wrong?
Cant speak for everyone, but I grew up in a wee 'Rangers minded' old mining village. All my mates are from surrounding villages and my local where I was a regular for many a year was pretty staunch.

What I see on here from Rangers Media is precisely my experience of attitudes of a significant majority of Rangers fans I have known over the years.

I see no reason why my experiences wouldnt be representative of their support as a whole. All of this is pretty much pre 2012 too. After which their bile has only been ramped up.