Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

9 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

Given that Kincys Location is  "The Tory County of Buckinghamshire"  why is nobody realising  he is at the wind up. The Israeli flag avatar is an extension of this.

Israel is an extension of Buckinghamshire?

Guest Moomintroll
Israel is an extension of Buckinghamshire?
You know fine well what I meant, with the benefit of sobriety that wasn't one of my finest posts.

11 hours ago, thepundit said:

There's a simple explanation. Celtic were spending just enough to be better than the teams around them at that time. (albeit when Rangers and Celtic were pushing each other in the seasons prior there was cup wins for Dundee Utd, Kilmarnock and Hearts)

Indeed.

Competition was much healthier when the OF duopoly was broken.  Since its restoration, the stronger part has been able to exert a stranglehold.  

Not only does having the sides back together fail to be good for Scottish football in the way we get told it is.  It's actually actively bad for it.

13 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

You were with wife and weans, bud.  Plus 'a gin' is never enough.  I don't do 'gin' singular.  AND had no intention of waking up from a drunken sleep and seeing you in your Y's.  I'm happy to delegate that task to @Audaces Fortuna Juvatwhose stomach is stronger then mine ;)

Remind him of the time I took him to Hearts v Celtic, the one where he may have over celebrated ever so slightly.

You could also throw in random words like "hedge".

6 minutes ago, thepundit said:

Depends. I actually respected Hearts, Dundee Utd and Kilmarnocks cup wins more than the teams who've won trophies since Rangers started in the third division. I think it's better for Scottish football if Rangers and Celtic are as strong as they can possibly be and other teams are still winning trophies.

Shit, some of those sides lack your respect?

They'll need to have a rethink about having celebrated those trophies.

48 minutes ago, thepundit said:

Depends. I actually respected Hearts, Dundee Utd and Kilmarnocks cup wins more than the teams who've won trophies since Rangers started in the third division. I think it's better for Scottish football if Rangers and Celtic are as strong as they can possibly be and other teams are still winning trophies.

I’m sure that you think that, but as every person not afflicted by the Celtic or Rangers illness knows, a strong Celtic and Rangers is better for Celtic and Rangers only. Utter tripe to suggest otherwise, as it makes absolutely no sense.

21 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I’m sure that you think that, but as every person not afflicted by the Celtic or Rangers illness knows, a strong Celtic and Rangers is better for Celtic and Rangers only. Utter tripe to suggest otherwise, as it makes absolutely no sense.

Which team voted with celtic to maintain the current voting structure?

44 minutes ago, thepundit said:

I respected them.

Just thought the pre-2012 cup wins were more impressive. Your lack of a counter argument suggests you did too.

If you see little value in triumphs that don't necessarily involve overturning  huge odds against, you must have utter contempt for anything old Rangers achieved.

18 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

If you see little value in triumphs that don't necessarily involve overturning  huge odds against, you must have utter contempt for anything old Rangers achieved.

Look who's jumped off the fence...

1 minute ago, bennett said:

Look who's jumped off the fence...

No Bennett, I'm still adopting a balanced stance regarding continuation.

I just wanted to avoid confusion with the many triumphs achieved by the post liquidation outfit. Actually, I see what you mean.

2 hours ago, thepundit said:

weren't rangers 'strong' only because of Murray's initial bank borrowed funding and latterly EBT cheating?

I put it up to celebrate Netta Barzila's Eurovision win.
Amazed that you try and connect 'Protestant' and 'Israeli' - especially since not all Jews are Zionist and not all Zionists are Jews and neither have anything to do with Protestants.
Is there an issue that you'd like to raise? 
Fair point. I'm sure that you do the same every year, and this isn't just more bullshit on your part.

39 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

No Bennett, I'm still adopting a balanced stance regarding continuation.

I just wanted to avoid confusion with the many triumphs achieved by the post liquidation outfit. Actually, I see what you mean.

Fcuk you're bitchy...

Great achievement either way.
However, nothing wrong with believing it was a better achievement when the other clubs won trophies when Rangers and Celtic were pushing each other.
The cups have been easier to win since Rangers started in the Third Division. That's just a fact.
Again, taking nothing away from the likes of Aberdeen.
Rangers, like everyone else, have no divine right to compete in any given league or cup. There is absolutely no conversation to be had regarding the validity of Celtics titles, or anyone elses cup wins. Plenty people wont like that, but its a completely undisputable truth.

As a matter of fact, the only trophies worthy of any discussion re being tainted are the ones won by a club found to be paying players they couldnt afford through the back door. Now I am not saying I want to discuss that, but again, its a fact.

I get where you are coming from and I understand why its a commonly held viewpoint among Scotlands lickspittle media and brainwashed fans. It really is simple though. Every title and every cup won since 2012 was contested fair and square.