Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

any rangers fans on here?

what do you make of the first three signings?

As a non Sevco fan I’m trying to be objective.....
Murphy - from what I saw of him in the games against us and Celtic, I thought he was underwhelming. Adding him permanently certainly isn’t a gap closer as he was part of last seasons gap.
McGregor - a 36 year old on his last legs. I can’t see how this is an improvement on the pretty solid goalkeepers already in the squad (Foderingham and Alnwick) who are both circa a decade younger. This isn’t a gap closer either. Just seems like a nostalgic crowd pleaser more than anything else.
Arfield - will definitely be an improvement on shyte bags like Holt and Halliday. Unlike Barton, he will head back north from Burnley fully aware of the Scottish game so probably won’t make a fud of himself. That said, despite his premier league experience, he couldn’t get near a Scotland squad during his peak years because it was packed mostly with Celtic midfielders.... who are still playing. I think this signing will be an incremental improvement but it won’t have Celtic looking over their shoulder.

14 hours ago, thepundit said:

Good, but for a team in desperate need of defenders and forwards, the signing of 2 midfielders and a goalkeeper doesn't do much to solve the problem. :)

If rumours on Twitter are anything to go by, the signing of Skrtel for £2.7m is practically a done deal.  

I don't watch much English fitba so i can't really comment too much on Arfy or McGregor's current form. We really need a couple of proper centre halves tho and someone to take the pressure off of Morelos.

6 hours ago, bpdon said:

As a non Sevco fan I’m trying to be objective.....
Murphy - from what I saw of him in the games against us and Celtic, I thought he was underwhelming. Adding him permanently certainly isn’t a gap closer as he was part of last seasons gap.
McGregor - a 36 year old on his last legs. I can’t see how this is an improvement on the pretty solid goalkeepers already in the squad (Foderingham and Alnwick) who are both circa a decade younger. This isn’t a gap closer either. Just seems like a nostalgic crowd pleaser more than anything else.
Arfield - will definitely be an improvement on shyte bags like Holt and Halliday. Unlike Barton, he will head back north from Burnley fully aware of the Scottish game so probably won’t make a fud of himself. That said, despite his premier league experience, he couldn’t get near a Scotland squad during his peak years because it was packed mostly with Celtic midfielders.... who are still playing. I think this signing will be an incremental improvement but it won’t have Celtic looking over their shoulder.

I am happy that we've kept/signed  Murphy.  We have very little creativity but he does have some.  I have no idea why we signed McGregor - unless Foderingham is off.  Alnwick is a decent enough keeper and has Kelly and McCrorie as back up.  Arfield will be a big improvement from Holt/Halliday and him with some from Jack/McCrorie/Rossiter/Docherty will improve our midfield.

Central defence has got to be the priority, though.  Bennett mentioned.  Skrtel would help.  The other rumour is Kane Hemmings.  That would be brilliant but is highly unlikely.

5 hours ago, bennett said:

I don't watch much English fitba so i can't really comment too much on Arfy or McGregor's current form. We really need a couple of proper centre halves tho and someone to take the pressure off of Morelos.

What pressure is on Morelos? Is it all the pressure on his Harvey Price image?

The lack of self awareness among these mutants is epitomised in a single post.

While The Rangers were on their journey Celtic took 4 seasons to win 6 trophies while six other clubs won a trophy in those four seasons. Since The Rangers made it into the Prem Celtic have won the lot twice.

It's all their fault . We need to remove Them from the Prem again, for the good of Scottish football

10h4y1w.png

Guest Moomintroll
3 minutes ago, EdTheDuck said:

While The Rangers were on their journey Celtic took 4 seasons to win 6 trophies while six other clubs won a trophy in those four seasons. Since The Rangers made it into the Prem Celtic have won the lot twice.

It's all their fault . We need to remove Them from the Prem again, for the good of Scottish football

10h4y1w.png

Sottish football team, Kincys RM alias found?

6 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

Sottish football team, Kincys RM alias found?

Tsk tsk, Moomsie.  I know you diddies like to reference me but a. I never view RM and b. I could never punctuate so poorly, even in jest.

15 minutes ago, EdTheDuck said:

There's a simple explanation. Celtic were spending just enough to be better than the teams around them at that time. (albeit when Rangers and Celtic were pushing each other in the seasons prior there was cup wins for Dundee Utd, Kilmarnock and Hearts)

35 minutes ago, EdTheDuck said:

10h4y1w.png

Guest Moomintroll
15 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Tsk tsk, Moomsie.  I know you diddies like to reference me but a. I never view RM and b. I could never punctuate so poorly, even in jest.

I know Kincy ,but a) It was a fairly highbrow reference that I knew you would appreciate, and b) Buckinghamshire is in the South East. The  evidence is circumstantial yet compelling, also, diddy, really?