Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

On 16/05/2018 at 22:57, williemillersmoustache said:

This isn't Northern fucking Ireland MT.

Yes, I get that, but was responding to the suggestion that it has been used before in a way that takes it beyond a mere label for Rangers fans.

Anyway, I think it's ludicrous that people get animated over this.  My personal view is that the term has attracted condemnation, largely in an attempt to create an equivalence with other slurs, that I don't find altogether convincing. 

However, it's not my call.  If it's deemed offensive, it's terribly easy for me not to use it.  Why some people on here seem prepared to fight to the death to preserve a right to use the word, I don't know.

Manchester Evening News commemorating 10th anniversary of worst night of violence since the Blitz when a horde of 150,000 h*ns descended on their city. 

And they think they will be welcome in England? :lol:

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/never-before-seen-images-one-14667382

Edited by Snifter Pee Rot

36 minutes ago, bennett said:

Andy Halliday to Hibs from the Sun, the collective will love that...

£6m to Hibs, £25k to hearts if they want him.

Aye we'll take him off you for £6m m8. 

We want it all up front though. Give us a call when that share issue is complete.

7 hours ago, Lebowski said:

It's not that T word...

They have two other T words - one rhymes with harrier and the other with Craig. Both seem to be more like DOB rather than the h-word. I think we just don’t go in for religious slurs to the same extent.

Tbh though the first I’ve only ever seen used online and the second I wasn’t really aware of (even though I went to non-denominational school and wound folk up by wearing Celtic scarves and Betis tops) until I met Northern Irish people at uni.

8 hours ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Manchester Evening News commemorating 10th anniversary of worst night of violence since the Blitz when a horde of 150,000 h*ns descended on their city. 

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/never-before-seen-images-one-14667382

At least it won't be a problem going forward. They're never going to play a meaningful European match again.

18 hours ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Does Manchester not always look like that?

1 hour ago, d31 said:

any rangers fans on here?

what do you make of the first three signings?

Good, but for a team in desperate need of defenders and forwards, the signing of 2 midfielders and a goalkeeper doesn't do much to solve the problem. :)

If rumours on Twitter are anything to go by, the signing of Skrtel for £2.7m is practically a done deal.