Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Should hopefully end the **** singing "paedos, paedos" to Celtic fans during OF games.
Or who knows, maybe the Celtic fans will sing it back.

Really wish a section of our fans would quit with a similar chant every time we're at Tynecastle, fucking cringe worthy shite baggery of the highest order.

4 hours ago, akredz said:

How hard would it have been to simply condemn the individual involved, and  offer access to any support, counselling or help the young man needed or wanted.

The statement issued is horrific and it is almost beyond belief that a professional PR company penned and released it.

I've only just caught up with this stuff and I can't really believe it. Even taking a bit of the sensationalism away from it and looking at the actual statement  - it's a completely reprehensible response to a horrible situation. It maybe gives the best insight yet as to the bunker mentality that exists at Rangers, that they viewed this as an attack on the club (when it really wasn't) and loaded up the statement cannon without any thought for the individual, who like anyone in his situation has shown courage and dignity in talking publicly about something as bad as that. 

Rangers simply have the worst PR operation that I've seen at a big club - they actively bring ridicule and criticism on the club in equal measure - and by playing up to the basest elements of their support as they have in this case, in my experience they alienate normal Rangers supporters as well as everyone else.

Edited by Swello

For far too long I've heard Rangers fans be apologists for the disgusting behaviour and songs of the (ahem) minority and of the enabling of such behaviour by the club (orange away strip for the "dutch contingent"...aye right) and I almost admire the requisite mental fortitude as the cognitive dissonance would have given  me an aneurism. It's also long been the opinion of the majority of the rest of Scottish football (outwith the cheeks) that the Rangers support are, as a collective, vile and verminous thugs who are as welcome at your ground as smallpox.

This is a real opportunity to turn the tide of public opinion in their favour by mobilising to protest this callous treatment of a victim of the worst type of abuse within the club. If a large group of Rangers fans congregated outside the ground with as much rage and indignation as we saw when "the big hoose must stay open" fella had his day, then even the most hardened of ***-haters would have to concede that there were some good c***s in the support.

Hell, you could do it in partnership with a local charity that helps victims of sexual abuse. Imagine a huge crowd of Rangers fans and young kids standing outside, petitioning the club to honour its obligation to the young players in its care. The Union Bears could even lend them a banner already in use.

"We deserve better"

15 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Such pathetic evasion.  Really.  You asked for just one example of *** = Protestant and you got it.

Quick summary:  The diddies of here agree that '***' doesn't equal Rangers fans.  They asked for 'one single example' where *** = Proddy and the got it.

I fully expect them to cling to their favourite sectarian term of abuse until they see sense...which may take some time.

Let’s put this to bed once and for all. The ‘H’ word is no more sectarian than sheep sh*gg*r, jute b*st*rd, spoon burner and loads more. It is solely a term for a R*ng*rs supporter/player/official. I have my bus pass and am a Protestant, and in all my years have never, ever been called the ‘H’ word, none of my Protestant friends have ever been called the ‘H’ word, apart from R*ng*rs supporting friends. It is simply certain R*ng*rs fans wanting to be seen as being victimised like their Green brethren , and they don’t want to be left out.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/****

As the **** were illiterate and thus kept no records, all surviving accounts were written by enemies of the ****, and none describe the **** as attractive either morally or in appearance. Jordanes, a Goth writing in Italy in 551, a century after the collapse of the Hunnic Empire, describes the **** as a "savage race, which dwelt at first in the swamps, a stunted, foul and puny tribe, scarcely human and having no language save one which bore but slight resemblance to human speech.

Spot on IMO

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Let’s put this to bed once and for all. The ‘H’ word is no more sectarian than sheep sh*gg*r, jute b*st*rd, spoon burner and loads more. It is solely a term for a R*ng*rs supporter/player/official. I have my bus pass and am a Protestant, and in all my years have never, ever been called the ‘H’ word, none of my Protestant friends have ever been called the ‘H’ word, apart from R*ng*rs supporting friends. It is simply certain R*ng*rs fans wanting to be seen as being victimised like their Green brethren , and they don’t want to be left out.

Didn't the H-word become the direct equivalent to the T-word - meaning' Catholic' - when Nil By Mouth deemed it as such?

Good intentions I suppose, but missing out that one refers to a whole religion and the other only  refers to a Football Club.

Nevertheless, we should respect P&Bs policy as it stands.

How ridiculous did Kincardine get last night, eh? Vintage stuff.

1 hour ago, Ken Fitlike said:

Didn't the H-word become the direct equivalent to the T-word - meaning' Catholic' - when Nil By Mouth deemed it as such?

Good intentions I suppose, but missing out that one refers to a whole religion and the other only  refers to a Football Club.

Nevertheless, we should respect P&Bs policy as it stands.

How ridiculous did Kincardine get last night, eh? Vintage stuff.

I don’t view Tim as offensive and I don’t think any Celtic supporter does. It probably is the equivalent though, the **** are just more sensitive.

I feel sad for that Kincardine poster, he started last night trying to be sensible about the Rangers child abuse stuff, then spent the next 8hrs arguing about *** being offensive..and that was 8hrs throughout the night!!

39 minutes ago, bennett said:

Rumours of a move for Mulumbo, he had a good season at killie but at Sevco he'd probably get red carded every game.

Ah, but would he get a game ahead of Defoe, Lucas and Solanke?

^^^ this. Put far more eloquently and succinctly than I haven’t yet managed. But spot on.

6 hours ago, kingjoey said:

A *** with a bus fare.

Now there’s a novelty!

Did anybody else watch the Facebook/Twitter video BT aired before the play off game?

One of the comments that came up was asking if the pundits thought Buffon would be joining in the summer.

:lol: