Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

3 hours ago, velo army said:

King seems to be getting off fairly scot free in the media, from what I've seen. Murty can't be expected to work miracles given the complete lack of funds he has to work with. King really needs to provide the funding if he feels (The) Rangers are to challenge Celtic at all. I suspect that the financial criminal is yet another in the long line of utter charlatans who have mismanaged this club.

Don't get me wrong, it's all hilarious, but I feel sorry for Murty, he's an honest man and deserves better.

No but he can be expected to set his team up properly, know how to change games and when to make subs. He still hasn't figured out why we're constantly getting overwhelmed in midfield.

4 hours ago, JamesM82 said:

Most of the players who left got better deals, but Wallace was happy to stay because he wouldn't have got a better contract elsewhere. Naismith is probably still earning more now, even though he's obviously a bit past his best, than Rangers (oldco or newco) have ever paid anybody. Gross of tax, at least.

It was reported that Whittaker  got a better contract when he went to Norwich and Wallace imo is the better of the two. So i reckon that it's fair to say that Wallace could've gotten a better deal.

11 minutes ago, bennett said:

No but he can be expected to set his team up properly, know how to change games and when to make subs. He still hasn't figured out why we're constantly getting overwhelmed in midfield.

It was reported that Whittaker  got a better contract when he went to Norwich and Wallace imo is the better of the two. So i reckon that it's fair to say that Wallace could've gotten a better deal.

I would disagree that Wallace was better than Whittaker. I've always felt he was very underrated by Scottish fans.

They spent 11m in the summer. How much did Hibs or Aberdeen spend?

Given that via soft loans and a credit agreement with close brothers they owe 21m apparently then I'm not sure the prize money makes this shrewd business

Miller & Wallace should know how matters should be dealt with. They are senior players. Glad to hear they won't play again.

Could they take that moron, Halliday with them.

I don't care if he supported club since he was a foetus and lived in area. He is brutal and out of his depth in Premiership.

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Not in the opinion of the bigger English  clubs or various Scotland managers, though.

1 hour ago, Tartantony said:

I would disagree that Wallace was better than Whittaker. I've always felt he was very underrated by Scottish fans.

Nah Wallace was class and wasn't near his peak. He could easily have matched Whittakers career. 

Absolutely no idea why he decided to rot at Rangers instead tbh. His career is just a massive fucking waste of talent and he'll spend the next few years dossing about Scotland before retiring and having nothing to show for it. 

23 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Nah Wallace was class and wasn't near his peak. He could easily have matched Whittakers career. 

Absolutely no idea why he decided to rot at Rangers instead tbh. His career is just a massive fucking waste of talent and he'll spend the next few years dossing about Scotland before retiring and having nothing to show for it. 

Yep Wallace was far better than Whittaker, in the sense that he could actually defend, which is what you look for in a defender.  Shame he chose the easy way out by taking Rangers for several hundred grand a season playing against plumbers and shelf stackers.

31 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Yep Wallace was far better than Whittaker, in the sense that he could actually defend, which is what you look for in a defender.  Shame he chose the easy way out by taking Rangers for several hundred grand a season playing against plumbers and shelf stackers.

Something we've missed this season, Declan John while decent going forward isn't the same defensively.

Need to get a decent but cheap left back in the summer.

Something we've missed this season, Declan John while decent going forward isn't the same defensively.
Need to get a decent but cheap left back in the summer.

The boy on the other side isn't much better tbf. Could get away with it with decent center half's but watching that on Sunday I think you might want to settle for a couple of centre half's as well

On 4/11/2018 at 21:32, The_Kincardine said:

The SPFL Computer has been kind to us and we have 3 away game post-split:

Rangers v Hearts – Sunday 22 April – 12:30
Celtic v Rangers – Sunday 29 April – 12:00
Rangers v Kilmarnock – Saturday 5 May – 15:00
Aberdeen v Rangers – Tuesday 8 May – 19:45
Hibernian v Rangers – Sunday 13 May – 12:30

2nd is clearly in our own hands but I reckon we'll be lucky to get 8 points.  Anyone else more of an optimist?

7 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Maybe the title needs changed again absent chairman absent manager thread,do you still want murty in charge kinky? 

You do raise a good point, Willy.  I'd stick with the Murty/Mark Allen combo as we've no credible alternative and we're fucking skint.  I still reckon we'll be lucky to get 8 points from the next five games.  I doubt anyone will disagree with me.

The only upside from Sunday's capitulation and its fallout is to see a diddy feeding-frenzy on P&B, which is always amusing.

You do raise a good point, Willy.  I'd stick with the Murty/Mark Allen combo as we've no credible alternative and we're fucking skint.  I still reckon we'll be lucky to get 8 points from the next five games.  I doubt anyone will disagree with me.
The only upside from Sunday's capitulation and its fallout is to see a diddy feeding-frenzy on P&B, which is always amusing.

Yer team just got pumped four nil in a semi final, had two players suspended for mouthing at yer manager (who happens to be yer former youth coach in his second caretaker spell), and are just about to sign a kit deal with Hummell. Yer club are the epitome of diddiness.