Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

So that's us 6 points off The Dross and three points ahead of Dolly and we're the form team in the league:
league.JPG.84b966ddf718109d958f6f9967aead07.JPG
What's the consensus?  A win for The Sheep or a draw?

Hopeful of Aberdeen getting at least something, but they won’t.
They’ll flatter to deceive for a wee while, might even nick a goal, but C*ltic will ride out comfortable winners with a couple of later goals.
I’ll go 1-3

2 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

Hopeful of Aberdeen getting at least something, but they won’t.
They’ll flatter to deceive for a wee while, might even nick a goal, but C*ltic will ride out comfortable winners with a couple of later goals.
I’ll go 1-3

Missing Shinnie and Christie as well is a huge blow for them. Their two best players out and Rogic is starting who seems to love playing against Aberdeen.

26 minutes ago, quickoverayard said:

Imo a think he has done a fantastic job and conducts himself really really well, excellent speaker. If they don't offer him the gig full time then I'd be very dissapointed.

Murty has to be given the gig.  We're the form team of the Premiership and playing some lovely football.

3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Murty has to be given the gig.  We're the form team of the Premiership and playing some lovely football.

Said it should be given to Murty when they were trying to get McInnes. f**k having had McInnes come in, bringing his staff with him and trying to do his own thing half way through a season. If they want a new manager the summer is the time to do it, but I think Murty has built himself a decent case to be given the job permanently if he wants it.

2 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Said it should be given to Murty when they were trying to get McInnes. f**k having had McInnes come in, bringing his staff with him and trying to do his own thing half way through a season. If they want a new manager the summer is the time to do it, but I think Murty has built himself a decent case to be given the job permanently if he wants it.

Indeed, Miley.

Like you, I was very much agin the Bearded Wonder and we've been proven right.

I like the way that Murty and Allen seem to be working together and we're playing some lovely football and getting results.  Signing Murty up on a 'proper' contract is a no-brainer.

42 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Indeed, Miley.

Like you, I was very much agin the Bearded Wonder and we've been proven right.

I like the way that Murty and Allen seem to be working together and we're playing some lovely football and getting results.  Signing Murty up on a 'proper' contract is a no-brainer.

I was the opposite. Wanted McInnes in at the time but his bottling seems to be getting worse every passing day. Would now hold my hands up and say I got it wrong.

Still think we should wait till the end of the season to make a decision on Murty's future but at the moment he'd undoubtedly deserve it.

Credit has to go to Mark Allen too. The likes of Goss will be his signings at the very least.

Edited by Forest of Dean

10 minutes ago, Forest of Dean said:

Credit has to go to Mark Allen too. The likes of Goss will be his signings at the very least.

Indeed.  I think we're befitting from the DoF/1st team coach  model.  Murty's doing well on the coaching side and Allen's doing well on recruitment.  I think we should stick with it.

8 minutes ago, Forest of Dean said:

Fingers crossed regarding Jamie Murphy too. John and Murphy out before the 11th would be a frustrating one.

Big worry.  Murphy's been really good - even if my arms are thicker than his legs!

Edited by The_Kincardine

Have a long way to go but they seem to have cut the silly results out their game. Think his recruitment has been spot on also. Really like him but to properly challenge celtic its going to cost a fair bit of cash and i hope he gets the support from the board he deserves not only as a permanent manager but financial backing.

2 hours ago, quickoverayard said:

Imo a think he has done a fantastic job and conducts himself really really well, excellent speaker. If they don't offer him the gig full time then I'd be very dissapointed.

He's got the team playing with a fair amount of confidence now and we need to build on it.

Could have a decent team with a few additions next season.

Title race :lol:

There is no race, C*ltic will still canter to the title, but the Gers are looking somewhere near a decent side again. It’s not something that our friends from the East End have even remotely considered for some time now.
The pretence that Aberdeen were ever seriously going to challenge them is over. They know where their most likely and deepening threat to their uncontested Crown is likely to come from.[emoji6][emoji106]