Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

28 minutes ago, Ken Fitlike said:

Aye, fair doos...

Sorry T_K. You actually write quite well.

It is still Pay Day Loan desperation, no matter how it is spun....

We almost got back to being big pals again, young Ken.

A 'Pay Day Loan' is unsecured so whilst it's good copy (ref. my inner Jim Traynor) it's bad posting.

2 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

You said, "loan securitised on assets - Bad thing".   Really?  Yet £10s of billions of financing annually  in the SME sector is in the form of structured loans.  In the domestic market, "loan securitised on assets" dominates every other form of lending. 

I assume you'll follow your own logic and never take out a mortgage and advise anyone you know that mortgages are a bad thing.  I assume, too, that if you know anyone involved in a small company that offers a business-owner's guarantee in order to gain banking facilities that they are in the wrong as structured finance is a bad thing.

The alternative to structured finance is unsecured debt and I am amazed, given your close interest in all things Sevco and given our club's history, that you regard this as the better option.  Or maybe you are just every diddy and leave your brain behind in order to post gallery-pleasing tripe.

You know the things that you've copied and pasted get highlighted on the app, don't you? 

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You know the things that you've copied and pasted get highlighted on the app, don't you? 

This is meaningless twaddle to me.  I C&P'ed a quote on this thread so it's there for all to see.

In the unusual event of you saying something worthwhile perhaps you could expand on your statement.

You said, "loan securitised on assets - Bad thing".   Really?  Yet £10s of billions of financing annually  in the SME sector is in the form of structured loans.  In the domestic market, "loan securitised on assets" dominates every other form of lending. 
I assume you'll follow your own logic and never take out a mortgage and advise anyone you know that mortgages are a bad thing.  I assume, too, that if you know anyone involved in a small company that offers a business-owner's guarantee in order to gain banking facilities that they are in the wrong as structured finance is a bad thing.
The alternative to structured finance is unsecured debt and I am amazed, given your close interest in all things Sevco and given our club's history, that you regard this as the better option.  Or maybe you are just every diddy and leave your brain behind in order to post gallery-pleasing tripe.

Given I work in this particular industry, it is in fact true that loans/mortgages/overdrafts are secured against an asset - 99/100 it is a property that they are secured against.

‘Business owners guarantee’ aren’t worth the paper they’re written on.

I look at this as 2 ways.

1. Rangers have sizeable working capital of their own and have taken this overdraft on as a means to boost expenditure in the short term to gain in the long term - tide them over between money coming in versus money going out.

2. All other areas of investment have dried up and this is a last resort to hope that by giving themselves an extra cash flow Avenue, they can eventually get the additional investment that they need to help the business grow.

Given the historical financial status, I’m more inclined to say it’s option 2 rather than option 1 however, using the company they have secured the facility with is effectively meaningless. It’s worth nothing that the majority of high street Banks class the football industry as a ‘non appetite sector’ due to the volatile nature of the way finances work and also particularly for the aforementioned Rangers historical financial status.

2 minutes ago, The Ginger Prince said:

Given I work in this particular industry, it is in fact true that loans/mortgages/overdrafts are secured against an asset - 99/100 it is a property that they are secured against.

‘Business owners guarantee’ aren’t worth the paper they’re written on.

Given that many business owners in the SME sector underwrite  business finance  on the roof over their heads then you are doing the diddy thing of talking baws on a Sevco thread.

Given that many business owners in the SME sector underwrite  business finance  on the roof over their heads then you are doing the diddy thing of talking baws on a Sevco thread.

A business owners guarantee is completely different from securing lending against an asset - which would be the ‘roof over their head’ which is what every single business whether it be a sole trader/limited company does if they want to borrow money over a selected amount.

So I think you’ll find I’m not talking baws.

17 minutes ago, The Ginger Prince said:

A business owners guarantee is completely different from securing lending against an asset - which would be the ‘roof over their head’ which is what every single business whether it be a sole trader/limited company does if they want to borrow money over a selected amount.

So I think you’ll find I’m not talking baws.

In this instance, you know exactly what you are talking about.

A perfect summarisation of the topic.

Well thought of big centre back. Not quite McCrorie but looked promising 
Hopefully does well with you. Short term loan I take it?

McCrorie was pretty average for us, but if Aidan can defend a corner and stick his head on things he’ll do well at the Rock.

Aye it’s an emergency so I’d imagine it’ll be 93 days - though we haven’t published it officially.

22 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Aidan Wilson guys, believe he played a few times last season..

Good?

He was excellent in the couple of games he played for us.  He's just turned 19 and has to fill out a bit but I think he's a good prospect.  Plus he was part of a team that handed Bayern Munich a footballing lesson ;)

On 2/8/2018 at 20:47, The_Kincardine said:

I have commented on the possible comparison before as we are both Airdrie-born Rangers supporters - but I have (some) hair left and would never read the DR far less write for it.

So what's your view on the wee Pooh bloke's  "loan securitised on assets - Bad thing" statement, Ken?  I'm guessing you've probably had a mortgage at some point so would agree that he's talking bollocks.

Raising funds via a loan secured against assets is, in itself, neither good nor bad.  It's what you do with those funds that matters.  If the plan is to use the money to grow the business, invest in plant and machinery, launch an ad campaign, buy players that will win you the league, then it's 'a good thing' - speculating to accumulate, as they say.  There are risks involved but you'd assume the directors had weighed those up and decided that the benefits outweighed the costs and risks.

If instead you're using the loan funds to underwrite day-to-day running costs, I'd say that the risks then outweigh the benefits and that taking out such a loan would be 'a bad thing' and just buys you some time.  What's the plan to ensure that this is the last loan?

ETA: What The Ginger Prince said.

Edited by The DA