Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

aC2FeOMH_reasonably_small.jpg BBCKheredine   @BBCKheredine     The word from China: source close to Beijing Renhe denies that the club made a multi-million pound bid for @RangersFC Alfredo Morelos. Says their foreign player quota is full, and that there's a levy on foreign signings over $7 million.

Before all this Morelos stuff happened I was reading that the Chinese govt charge 100% tax on inward foreign transfers now.

3 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Also....

Sevco fans - "the bbc hate rangers and make up loads of lies and nonsense, get them banned for Iborx"

BBC reporter tweets retraction

Sevco fans "look, see..? the BBC say say it wasn't true, how dare you say the BBC is lying"

Works the other way round with Celtic fans too.

That's football fans for you.

Presumably any sizeable transfer fees that some overseas club were daft enough to pay for a Sevconian haddie would go straight into Big Murt's warchest. Not off into Dodgy Dave's pockets. No sirree.

2 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

the Keredine retraction reads a certain way to say 'sure you did'. Not quite what it seems on first reading.

I think what his retraction showed is that nobody has got a clue as to what has been bid. Which is pretty telling on it's own.

45 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Also....

Sevco fans - "the bbc hate rangers and make up loads of lies and nonsense, get them banned for Iborx"

BBC reporter tweets retraction

Sevco fans "look, see..? the BBC say say it wasn't true, how dare you say the BBC is lying"

He retracted it Einstein, now why would he do that.....

33 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Richard Wilson

[mention=39085]timomouse[/mention]

·

4h

Do you know what the most amazing thing about Morelos getting offers of £8m is?

The £3m release clause in his contract.

Well if some bloke on twitter says so then I'm convinced.

P.S Windass has a release clause for £3m.....

Not sure what’s fact or fiction on this, but if £7m had indeed been offered for Morelos, I’m sure we would have snapped their f*ckin hands off, irrespective of where the bid came from.
The lad has certainly offered an improved option to date in our forward line up, but £7mil in our current position!?
Would losing Morelas severely dent any hopes of finishing runners up? I’m not so sure, but where else would Murty get that sort of dosh to spend in the summer, assuming he himself is offered an extended stay at the helm and a say on strengthening the squad.
It’s all hypothetical anyway, it serves nothing but to offer speculation in a tired press and a few pages of piss taking on here.

Time to concentrate on the weekend.