Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

You’re another one who pops up every transfer window and then fucks off when it goes tits up again.

See you in August. 

New manager, new set of loan signings, new unwarranted optimism for the season ahead. Can’t wait.

15 hours ago, Jakes Pal said:

Fair enough, however we are not the only Scottish Club or Club who are forced to play & stay in Scotland who have, or have ever had a player on loan. Why is it such a big deal?

According to Gerard Figueras, Catalonia's sports minister, Barça would be free join another country's football league, including England's Premier League, if Catalonia gains its independence from Spain. This would also be true for the other two football clubs in the northeast Spanish region who currently play in Spain's La Liga, Espanyol and Girona. *

There is hope for you yet. Hold your breath.

*Obviously a load of fantastical pish.

7 hours ago, The DA said:

I thought a club could only have up to four temporary transfers registered at any time and up to five over the course of a season.  By my counting, Rangers have already had five - John, Murphy, Nemane, Goss and Dalcio.  So what's this talk of further loan deals for Russell Martin and Jason Cummings?

And, happyaccie, it looks like Docherty is staying with you for the rest of the season.

https://spfl.co.uk/docs/067_324__therulesofthespfl_1375800603.pdf

Great piece of defective work da, surely the spfl will step in now and deal with Sevco.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

@RonnieEsplin
Steve Clarke confirms @RangersFC bid for Jordan Jones “nowhere near acceptable. I would be a little bit sad if I was the player, it was so low. Easy to turn down.”

£350k is low, ok Steven.

@STVRamon  Rangers bid for Kilmarnock's Jordan Jones £350,000, rising to £500,000 with add ons.

17 minutes ago, bennett said:

£350k is low, ok Steven.

@STVRamon  Rangers bid for Kilmarnock's Jordan Jones £350,000, rising to £500,000 with add ons.

Should read........STV Ramon   Rangers bid for Kilmarnocks's Jordan Jones is £0 upfront and the rest when season ticket money comes in....lol

Edited by Sting777

53 minutes ago, bennett said:

£350k is low, ok Steven.

Assuming the amounts in your post are accurate, he's not really wrong; if the player is valued at a sum significantly greater than £350k by his manager he's absolutely within his rights to call it a low offer.

It's all fairly relative to the realisable value of the player tbh - if Man Utd offered, say, £1M for Alexis Sanchez this window then that'd be a low offer despite being a 6-figure sum.

1 hour ago, bennett said:

£350k is low, ok Steven.

£500,000 is big money for The Rangers I suppose. Not so much for the other clubs in the league that can afford to hold off and wait for better more reasonable offers from clubs that have the money.

4 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Are you just generally an angry man then lol.

I hope you keep Docherty. Good for him to be playing 1st team football and Hamilton do have a good development system. For that I applaud them.

When he does move on I hope he goes somewhere where his development will continue.

Which was what I posted only for you to take umbrage with me referring to Docherty as the lad.

52 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Assuming the amounts in your post are accurate, he's not really wrong; if the player is valued at a sum significantly greater than £350k by his manager he's absolutely within his rights to call it a low offer.

It's all fairly relative to the realisable value of the player tbh - if Man Utd offered, say, £1M for Alexis Sanchez this window then that'd be a low offer despite being a 6-figure sum.

Id disagree, it's a very generous amount and to call it low is a bit kuntish.

Windass was bought for around £60k, Tav for around £200k etc from a more expensive transfer market, so we've been more than generous here.

Probably best to look elsewhere now.

6 minutes ago, bennett said:

Windass was bought for around £60k, Tav for around £200k etc from a more expensive transfer market, so we've been more than generous here.

12p in the pound of £350,000 is only around £42,000 though and probably what the administrator will decide we're due between now and when you're wanting to pay. 

Therefore, pish offer. Cash upfront or gtf. 

16 minutes ago, bennett said:

yeah you have a few more loans you can get in. 

Lee Clarke your new director of football?