Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

26 minutes ago, bennett said:

According to the sun...

Foderingham is offski.

Arfield and McGregor are Sevco bound.

The McGregor signing is a bit out of the blue. I'm guessing Fods must have been the one who decided it was time to go.

The Sun have also just released an article saying Rangers are in talks with Gerrard for the managers job. Not sure he's the best option but it worked for the last Liverpool legend who took the job with no previous experience. :)

20 minutes ago, thepundit said:

The McGregor signing is a bit out of the blue. I'm guessing Fods must have been the one who decided it was time to go.

The Sun have also just released an article saying Rangers are in talks with Gerrard for the managers job. Not sure he's the best option but it worked for the last Liverpool legend who took the job with no previous experience. :)

Aye, but what school did Souness go to and what church did he pray at?

6 hours ago, thepundit said:

I think the last one got to enjoy slightly different financial conditions.

A better parallel might be provided by Rangers' sister club, who made a similar appointment to this one.  I think he described the job up here as a chance to cut his teeth in management.  Liverpool's greatest legend was at his shoulder.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

No idea if there's truth in these rumours, but whenever Gerrard is linked with any managerial role I always think of the greatest example of his tactical awareness.

England 2-3 Croatia, where England needed to avoid defeat to qualify for Euro 2008. 2-0 down at half-time, they come out flying in the second half and are back to 2-2 in 20 minutes. Steve McLaren being Steve McLaren, he shits the bed and immediately piles everyone back behind the ball, not even attempting to attack, when carrying on the way they had would surely have seen them win the game. Having allowed Croatia to keep the ball and move into England's half unchallenged for the rest of the game, they then inevitably concede from a long range shot and go out. It was absolutely tremendous entertainment.

Gerrard interviewed after the game, the first thing he says is 'I think we went a bit too gung-ho at 2-2.' Says nothing about how he'd be as a manager obviously, but it always amused me that a player at that level could be so oblivious to what was actually going on tactically.

Edited by Dunning1874

2 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

No idea if there's truth in these rumours, but whenever Gerrard is linked with any managerial role I always think of the greatest example of his tactical awareness.

England 2-3 Croatia, where England needed to avoid defeat to qualify for Euro 2008. 2-0 down at half-time, they come out flying in the second half and are back to 2-2 in 20 minutes. Steve McLaren being Steve McLaren, he shits the bed and immediately piles everyone back behind the ball, not even attempting to attack, when carrying on the way they had would surely have seen them win the game. Having allowed Croatia to keep the ball and move into England's half unchallenged for the rest of the game, they they inevitably concede from a long range shot and go out. It was absolutely tremendous entertainment.

Gerrard interviewed after the game, the first thing he says is 'I think we went a bit too gung-ho at 2-2.' Says nothing about how he'd be as a manager obviously, but it always amused me that a player at that level could be so oblivious to what was actually going on tactically.

Are we sure it's Rangers and not Hearts that are trying to hire him? He sounds like he'd make a fine understudy for Craig Levein.

2 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

England 2-3 Croatia, where England needed to avoid defeat to qualify for Euro 2008. 2-0 down at half-time, they come out flying in the second half and are back to 2-2 in 20 minutes. Steve McLaren being Steve McLaren, he shits the bed and immediately piles everyone back behind the ball, not even attempting to attack, when carrying on the way they had would surely have seen them win the game. Having allowed Croatia to keep the ball and move into England's half unchallenged for the rest of the game, they then inevitably concede from a long range shot and go out. It was absolutely tremendous entertainment.

His punditry on BT doesn't exactly scream 'tactical nous' either. It's largely just clichés and bland observations that anyone with a functioning pair of eyes could work out for themselves.

The Sun have also just released an article saying Rangers are in talks with Gerrard for the managers job. Not sure he's the best option but it worked for the last Liverpool legend who took the job with no previous experience. [emoji4]

Aye, but that Was the EBT driven, for every £5 they spend, we’ll spend 10, oldco cheating years of Minty. How did that work out again?

11 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

As always, religion is at heart of the discussion when appointing a new Manager 

Absolute wallopers 

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topic/315340-steven-gerrard/?page=27

It's certainly been brought up on here a number of times already.  

Not by any Rangers fans, but still.

30 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

2 minutes ago, Forest of Dean said:

It's a really weird obsession with Piglets and Diddies.

Has it occurred to either of you that some of the posters on here may actually be Catholics themselves? So why wouldn't they bring it up?

33 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

5 minutes ago, Forest of Dean said:

It's a really weird obsession with Piglets and Diddies.

Quality deflection lads