Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

11 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Has Demitri Mitchell been here long enough to have stats like this done for him?

Dont think so, keep an eye on The SPFL Radar Twitter page as he'll probably pop up over the next few games. 

Quick note on those (fascinating!) radar plots.

There are two particularly strong reasons why they can't be used as a definitive indicator of "who's best", as well as several other minor reasons.

The first is that there's no reason to suppose that a bigger area has any special meaning, or that more high scores is necessarily a discriminant. To use such charts in this way would require a priori agreement on a set of criteria that define "merit": these are pretty relevant measures, in my opinion, but certainly not definitive. In any case, there is no weighting associated with the different values, and at the very least a weighted sum would be needed in order to combine the data into a single, comparable, figure of merit.

Secondly, the individual criteria are in some cases based on how often an opportunity arises, for example duels and blocking. It could well be argued that a better defender will integrate well with his midfield and help his team to control the game, and so actually deprive himself of a higher score in these areas.

Finally, to undermine my entire argument completely, I think these are excellent presentations of very interesting data. As long as they're not misinterpreted as having more relevance than they actually have.

5 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I’d say he’s the best attacking fullback in the league.

Last year I would have  agreed totally, in fact if you go back 12-18 months I wouldn't have batted an eyelid if he was released, but id say he has improved defensively, not the finished article but definitely better. I think Candeias has helped him out with that. In the last game against Aberdeen at Ibrox it was his defending in the last 10 mins that got us the 3 points. He still has the odd mistake in him though, Re the hibs game.

11 hours ago, Blue92 said:

Last year I would have  agreed totally, in fact if you go back 12-18 months I wouldn't have batted an eyelid if he was released, but id say he has improved defensively, not the finished article but definitely better. I think Candeias has helped him out with that. In the last game against Aberdeen at Ibrox it was his defending in the last 10 mins that got us the 3 points. He still has the odd mistake in him though, Re the hibs game.

Candieas has certainly made a huge difference.. We are excellent down the right hand side of the park. 

11 minutes ago, BobWilliamson said:

Candieas has certainly made a huge difference.. We are excellent down the right hand side of the park. 

Ok bob just for you we will congregate only down sevco's right on Sunday ffs what a claim to make, would have had more credibility if you said the rest of the park you are shyte in.

1 minute ago, happyaccie said:

Ok bob just for you we will congregate only down sevco's right on Sunday ffs what a claim to make, would have had more credibility if you said the rest of the park you are shyte in.

In fairness Declan John utterly raped the Accies the last time we played at your tinpot stadium 

20 minutes ago, BobWilliamson said:

In fairness Declan John utterly raped the Accies the last time we played at your tinpot stadium 

In fairness your back line needed surgery to their derrière after we ripped them a new one at your delapidated  excuse of a stadium.

11 hours ago, happyaccie said:

In fairness your back line needed surgery to their derrière after we ripped them a new one at your delapidated  excuse of a stadium.

Delapidated ?

UEFA top rated stadium 

And wee Declan still raped your team almost single handed.

Knowing how much you ll be hurting on Sunday will make the victory all the sweeter.

2 hours ago, BobWilliamson said:

Delapidated ?

UEFA top rated stadium 

And wee Declan still raped your team almost single handed.

Knowing how much you ll be hurting on Sunday will make the victory all the sweeter.

Not that you will be there to contaminate the air.Furthermore John played well that night but was ably assisted by numerous new team mates playing in red n white hoops who were suffering from a deadly form of amnesia which rendered them incapable of basic defending.

Edited by happyaccie

4 hours ago, happyaccie said:

Not that you will be there to contaminate the air.Furthermore John played well that night but was ably assisted by numerous new team mates playing in red n white hoops who were suffering from a deadly form of amnesia which rendered them incapable of basic defending.

I was there for the first game. Going through there once a season is once too many.

Actually had very poor luck in the CCCS ballot. Pre split I only got St Johnstone but I was ‘lucky’ enough to get an Ayr cup game ticket

Delapidated ?

UEFA top rated stadium 

Except its not:
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.worldstadiumdatabase.com/list-of-uefa-category-4-stadiums.htm&ved=0ahUKEwjhy-bilKvZAhUkAcAKHaMZA-gQFggmMAE&usg=AOvVaw0aSYGnoGjm_vZGjOxPzQ9V

Im guessing you haven't been for a while. Was their last year and the place has really gone down hill, not to the point of disrepair but some serious money needs thrown at it.

9 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Except its not:
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.worldstadiumdatabase.com/list-of-uefa-category-4-stadiums.htm&ved=0ahUKEwjhy-bilKvZAhUkAcAKHaMZA-gQFggmMAE&usg=AOvVaw0aSYGnoGjm_vZGjOxPzQ9V

Im guessing you haven't been for a while. Was their last year and the place has really gone down hill, not to the point of disrepair but some serious money needs thrown at it.

This is the diddiest post you have ever made - and that's saying something.  You linked to The World Stadium Database to show "List of UEFA Category 4 Stadiums" and, of course, Ibrox doesn't appear.  Now from the same site you linked to go to the home page: https://www.worldstadiumdatabase.com/

Click on List of Elite UEFA Stadiums.  I snipped to make it easier for you:

elite.JPG.3af2e148a2b5ec4d56f374bb6ce8a4e0.JPG

Now look what you get when you click the link 'List of UEFA Elite Stadiums' link:

ibrox.JPG.c1c6b67ededa5b42955ef4cfbf1599c0.JPG

I'mwondering if you're a disingenuous innocent or are really just thick as shit.  Either way, you dropped a bollock.