Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

5 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

If you have half the first 11 only on loan its going to upset the dressing room.

Not buying it. I'm hardly the biggest Rangers fan on here but if they manage to start winning then I don't think it'll upset them too much.

Its not like they're fucking world beaters anyway. 

2 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

Not buying it. I'm hardly the biggest Rangers fan on here but if they manage to start winning then I don't think it'll upset them too much.

Its not like they're fucking world beaters anyway. 

Players only think about two things one is how much dosh they get to play and two they want to be in the first 11, for me 1 or 2 loan players is ok but having 4 or more will cause problems with the players that are on full time contracts.

To affirm my Sevco obsession you post extracts from a Celtic blog.

That's told me.

Clipped from a twitter feed and forwarded on to me, I’ve no interest in following any of the anti Rangers ramblings across your club’s forums or posting on the threads of other clubs on P&B. Unless it’s match day and they’re playing us, the detailed ‘happenings’ with other teams are of no concern.

Players only think about two things one is how much dosh they get to play and two they want to be in the first 11, for me 1 or 2 loan players is ok but having 4 or more will cause problems with the players that are on full time contracts.
Nah, if someone's out of the first xi they're not bothered whether the guy keeping them out is permanently contracted to their club or not - the end result is the same.

There has been a suggestion in recent years that certain players have been signed up on loan with the express condition that they play. This, if it's anything more than a fan's conspiracy theory, is another matter entirely - and would leave a bitter taste I'm sure.

4 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

Clipped from a twitter feed and forwarded on to me, I’ve no interest in following any of the anti Rangers ramblings across your club’s forums 

The person who forwarded it on to you obviously thinks you do. :1eye 

14 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

If you have half the first 11 only on loan its going to upset the dressing room.

We have a fair few of the starting 11 out injured/struggling with fitness, we needed players in.

A few of the loans also have the option of being permanent....

Been a good transfer window for Rangers so far. Can totally understand why Rangers are negotiating loan signings rather than permanent ones. After all, whats the point in spending money in January only for someone to replace Murty and decide to offload them on the cheap in the summer? I think enough money has already been wasted this season!

1 hour ago, bennett said:

According to the sun we're bringing Hyndman back.

Not too keen on this, he seemed to lose interest at times last season.

I liked Hyndman when he was here last time, but I think he was made to look better by the utter dross round about him. 

We're heading towards being top heavy on midfielders and I don't think he's a massive step up from what we currently have.

Edited by KnightswoodBear

10 hours ago, Estragon said:

Nah, if someone's out of the first xi they're not bothered whether the guy keeping them out is permanently contracted to their club or not - the end result is the same.

There has been a suggestion in recent years that certain players have been signed up on loan with the express condition that they play. This, if it's anything more than a fan's conspiracy theory, is another matter entirely - and would leave a bitter taste I'm sure.

I have heard of parent clubs writing  in to a loan contract that should the player not play the club has to pay a larger contribution. Cant see that being too standard though.

Strangely we were linked with Hyndman towards the end of last season after he got injured, think it was papers just stirring it though

59 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Decent signings for an also ran Scottish team.

If Murty can get draw with Celtic with the likes of Danny Wilson and Jason Holt then he'll fancy getting a few wins with better players.

He can fancy it all he wants. It aint happening.  

This’ll be the third Sevco team to try... and fail.

1 hour ago, bennett said:

According to the sun we're bringing Hyndman back.

Not too keen on this, he seemed to lose interest at times last season.

I can't see it and I'm not sure he'd offer much.  His maw's welcome in High Wycombe anytime, though.

48 minutes ago, thepundit said:

Been a good transfer window for Rangers so far. Can totally understand why Rangers are negotiating loan signings rather than permanent ones. After all, whats the point in spending money in January only for someone to replace Murty and decide to offload them on the cheap in the summer? I think enough money has already been wasted this season!

I'd still like wee Docherty but, even without him, it has been not only a good window but a good winter break.  Playing with flair and elan on the world stage was highly creditable as evidenced by the number of posters on here sharing links and praising us.