Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

All this speculation about sevco's financial situation is indeed quite bizarre, especially from folk who know nothing about running a football club, annual reviews and projected revenue, does it all really matter?
Football is all about pulling rabbits out of hats, and potential investors are ten-a-penny these days.
Actually, I'm sure these recent unpaid trialists will bring much needed stability to a squad who haven't really reached their potential. With the management team fully committed until the end of the season, this should further assure the players of the club's longer term vision and objectives.

A ‘rabbit out of the hat’ an old Fergus McCann trick in the dark days of 94 eh!
When the ‘vision and objectives’ of Celt*c FC didn’t extend much beyond 24 hours.
There but for the grace of....

36 minutes ago, bennett said:

Rangers have signed defender Russell Martin on loan from Norwich City until the end of the season.

The 32-year-old, who has 29 Scotland caps and more than 500 club appearances, has not played since August.

Martin previously worked with Ibrox manager Graeme Murty when the latter was coaching at Norwich.

"At this stage in my career to come here, it really excites me," Martin told Rangers TV.

I know this is Bennett, but what a pointless post.

Cumdog H**dog signing for The ***s could be the most predictable transfer of the season. Rangers need a proficient poacher and Beanzema needs to get back to a league & level where he will play regularly.

Cummings joining The Second Comings will give him a chance to reignite the #flames that flickered throughout his time at Hibs. Rangers will get a player that has shown promising potential against other top-flight teams, albeit in cup competitions. He is raw and needs to develop his overall game; I think the Scottish Premiership is where he needs to be, in order to improve. If he is as deadly for The Deady Bears as he was against them, he’ll be a dead cert for more Scotland caps.

Give him 210516 chances and he will score 2-3 of them; give him half-chances and he’ll bury them all. The ***-Hammerer was a frustrating enigma at Hibs; paradoxically, he wasn’t as prolific as you would expect a ‘~20 goal per season’ striker to be. He was dropped intermittently by Stubbs and Lennon, but we struggled to open defences without him; at Rangers, he 21May2016  may not be as indispensable and will need to hit the grounded *** in ground running.

The Muffin Man will undoubtedly offer mirth as he reclaims the title of ‘The Joker’; nevertheless, I hope he has abdicated the ‘King of Zing’ throne.

We have missed El Fríjolero, but his penchant for piss-poor Panenkas and flaccid finishing became pandemic alongside Stokes; he shot himself in the foot so often that he can consider chiropody if his Rangers career is stubbed out. Tintin Of Haricots also opened a can of worms under Lennon; we weren’t going to sign him with Stokes & Lennon at the club club. 

Although Hibs could afford to offer better wages, fees, bonuses, etc. - we couldn’t  afford to risk unsettling our Hibernians (Lennon & Stokes). 

The 50% sell-on clause that Mr Heinz insisted on inserting for Hibs will be a welcome parting gift if he joins The ***s permanently.

Henceforth, he will be known as H**nings until he leaves The ***s or drags them down to fourth.

Edited by Mr .Gifs™

8 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

I’m not sure you are, but you certainly seem interested in it enough to continue trawling through the thread?
I guess it’s par for the course!emoji849.png

2h5p8o7.jpg

They should rename it the sevco blog.

Have they ever had an article about Celtic....

41 minutes ago, bennett said:

They should rename it the sevco blog.

Have they ever had an article about Celtic....

Very true, the guy is a trumpet. He does most likely write more about you lot than Celtic. He gets quite a lot of abuse about from Celtic fans more because of the name of the blog. He actually bought the blog off a guy I know and turned in it to h*n obsessed ramblings.

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

Very true, the guy is a trumpet. He does most likely write more about you lot than Celtic. He gets quite a lot of abuse about from Celtic fans more because of the name of the blog. He actually bought the blog off a guy I know and turned in it to h*n obsessed ramblings.

I'm sure you prefer the change in tack and it sounds like a meeting of minds between you two.

Here's Russell Martin speaking sensibly about donning the famous jersey: