Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

I reckon Pena made the Govan mafia a few million smuggling cocaine up his arse, couldn’t play for a while incase he got drug tested.  Was told to look pish for the cameras and is now going back to Mexico but will always be Invited back to watch games on a free entry basis . :huh: 

Murphy on loan until the end of the season when a "guaranteed fixed amount" will be paid to make permanent the move.

Also known as not having the money right now and having offered magic beans initially to Brighton are now gambling next season's season ticket money again.

9 minutes ago, Worktheshaft said:

Murphy on loan until the end of the season when a "guaranteed fixed amount" will be paid to make permanent the move.

Also known as not having the money right now and having offered magic beans initially to Brighton are now gambling next season's season ticket money again.

I was going to post that this was a total embarrassment for the Sevco franchise but it's not, this is their standard operating format.

What a minter.

All parties concerned seem Ok with the outcome, including the player, what’s the problem?

Apologies for going O/T, but at the Rugby yesterday, so missed much of the football round up.. Have I really just read in the paper that The Arabs were pumped 1-6 at home yesterday by Falkirk!!?[emoji47]

[emoji23][emoji23]

I think the point is, that Rangers don’t have the money to make the signing permanent right now, and are going to use next seasons season tickets to pay for it yet Rangers are making out it’s Brighton who don’t want the transfer to go ahead permanently right now? That’s what impression I’ve got.

Transfer gossip.

"abio Cardoso and Eduardo Herrera will be moved on if takers can be found, while Euros winner Bruno Alves may also go when he recovers from injury.

With Kenny Miller already out injured, Rangers will be left short of strikers, and it is understood it is a problem they will look to address with a move for Nottingham Forest’s Jason Cummings.

The former Hibernian star boasts a tremendous scoring record against the Ibrox club, having hit eight goals in games between the teams over two seasons.

His goals have dried up this season, and while Forest – in a period of transition following the sacking of former Rangers boss Mark Warburton and his assistant David Weir – say they don’t want to let him go, a bid approaching £1m could get them their man.

Celtic could be set to set to receive 100 times that amount, with Southampton weighing up whether to make a £100m bumper bid for Stuart Armstrong."

7 minutes ago, Zing. said:

That wee snakey *** agent up to his usual then :lol: There’s no chance the **** can afford to pay anywhere near £1m up front for Cummings.

They'll secure him based on promises and IOUs. Its absolutely staggering a club can publicly admit it has no money to spend, and then start spending money, without a single peep from the support base about it.

Sevco once again adding to the banter years.

DK : hi TB this is Dave King the chairman of Rangers, my DoF and manager have identified a player currently employed by you we would be interested in signing.

TB : And who is the player in question.

DK : it's Jamie Murphy TB ok I will check with my manager as to Jamie's availability then get back to you.

An hour or so later TB calls DK

TB : hi hello again Dave my manager has decided if the offer is suitable then Murphy is available.

DK : that's great to hear, it may appease the peasants who currently berate myself and fellow members of the board for our shambolic running of the club.

TB : what are you referring to Dave.

DK : well they are of the opinion we have no money to strengthen our squad.

TB : ok Dave well our fee for JM is circa £1.0-£1.2 million.

Dave King expires a gasp of air as he reconciles with the fact he doesn't have the finances available to complete the deal and quickly engages TB to agree a compromise deal.

DK: erm erm can we look at the possibility of having Murphy just now and paying you in instalments over the next 24 months.

TB: sorry Dave no can do, having checked your credit rating this deal requires payment in full prior to the completion of the deal.

DK: well we have already allowed it to leak that we have secured his signature, erm can we agree a deal whereby we have the lad on loan until the end of the season, we shall pay the lads wages during this period and we can make the deal permenant in the summer once the peasents have renewed their ST.

TB: think that will be agreeable with us ok you can have JM now but payment must be made in full for the commencement of next season or the player shall return to us.

DK: thank TB I don't know how the peasants would have reacted if this deal had collapsed.

once again DK weedles his way out of a shambolic episode in his tenureship as chairman of Sevco.

25 minutes ago, Zing. said:

That wee snakey *** agent up to his usual then :lol: There’s no chance the **** can afford to pay anywhere near £1m up front for Cummings.

I don't want to buy him upfront. Would rather Cummings on loan and spend any potential money on getting Docherty. If we got those two plus Martin on loan (rumoured) - I'd be very happy with that business.

All parties concerned seem Ok with the outcome, including the player, what’s the problem?

Apologies for going O/T, but at the Rugby yesterday, so missed much of the football round up.. Have I really just read in the paper that The Arabs were pumped 1-6 at home yesterday by Falkirk!!?[emoji47]

[emoji23][emoji23]

No.
It was at the Bairnabeu.

I don't want to buy him upfront. Would rather Cummings on loan and spend any potential money on getting Docherty. If we got those two plus Martin on loan (rumoured) - I'd be very happy with that business.
Your team has 40,000 season ticket holders and six months into a season don't have a spare £1m, and you're busier drafting transfer plans than questioning that?

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:
14 minutes ago, Forest of Dean said:

Your team has 40,000 season ticket holders and six months into a season don't have a spare £1m, and you're busier drafting transfer plans than questioning that?

How would you know? 

You are just guessing that this is the case. Could be a number of other reasons. Such as that we were wanting a more structured deal so that we can bring in other players (like Docherty) this window.

We've already spent significant money on transfer fees this season so it's nonsense to say that we don't have money.

How would you know? 
You are just guessing that this is the case. Could be a number of other reasons. Such as that we were wanting a more structured deal so that we can bring in other players (like Docherty) this window.
We've already spent significant money on transfer fees this season so it's nonsense to say that we don't have money.
That logic is the reason Rangers died.