Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

10 minutes ago, List_of_Jericho said:

Any idea what the drill is with Jordan Rossiter?

That disenfranchised blogger discovered that he's a dwarf and the SFA won't allow us to play him.

On 09/04/2017 at 20:06, The_Kincardine said:

Don't know much about how JJ's been doing in his various coaching roles but he always speaks well when you hear him interviewed.  Good appointment.

c**t couldn't motivate himself never mind anyone else. Sign up play a couple of good games get injured miraculous recovery towards end of contract play another couple of good games, sign new contract  Rinse repeat.

• 1 month later...

Seeing as the season's over bar a couple of bounce games and that signing speculation is gathering pace it seems sensible to have the close season discussions here rather than start a new thread.

The strong rumours link us to Bruno Alves and Ryan Jack - both of whom I'd welcome.  I'd also be happy to see the back of Windass, Waghorn, Kiernan and Forrester.  I'd also be delighted if Niko and Rossiter could get fit/stay fit.

How would fellow Rangers supporters see us lining up next season?  What do you think the priorities are?

No doubt the usuals will do their "Yer skint and deid; same old overspending Rangers; admin x incoming; Ronaldo's Portuguese so must be a target" but we can skim over it.

Thoughts?

The Ryan Jack signing seems inevitable and the addition of Bruno Alves is a possibility. According to the media the signing of Sumaila has "hit a snag" because it's turned out he's signed to his club until 2020. If only Rangers had a manager who managed the previous club that took him on loan who'd have known fine well how long his contract was eh?....

In terms of next season, I'd only keep Foderingham, Wallace, Tavernier, Krancjar, McKay, Miller and Garner in the first team. Maybe Rossitter if he's past his 2 week comeback..Holt and Dodoo as bench players.

Everywhere else needs replacements. 2 quality centre backs and centre mids in particular..

Edited by thepundit

From the sun again (yeah i know)

"ANDY HALLIDAY will be allowed to leave Rangers this summer on a free transfer – but James Tavernier is seen as a key part of Pedro Caixinha’s rebuilding plans"

Thought that Halliday would be off when he came on at the end of the StJ... Game. Always felt that him and Holt were punching above their weight this season and if it wasn't for a serious of fcuk ups they wouldn't have featured.

Not too surprised with Halliday heading out. I'd would've wanted him to do well, but it is what it is.

Personally, always liked Tav and would like to see him in the team next year. Perhaps, with better central def. and sitting midfield, his attacking abilities better utilised.

On 5/21/2017 at 00:20, bennett said:

Sunday mail - Ryan jack to have a medical within three days and linked with callum Paterson.

I think 'Union' Jack will be a good signing for us.  Doesn't Paterson have a long term injury?  That almost certainly means he's Govan-bound.

We've also been linked with this bloke:

3 hours ago, thekorean said:

Is there any way to buy Rangers merch without giving the fat b*****d my money?

If there was, Ken would've done so.  I trust his answer:

22 minutes ago, Ken Fitlike said:

Not really....

1 hour ago, naegoodinthedark said:

But your merchandise from official sources. The club need every penny. Heavy investment will be required next season, to keep Newcastle up.

But I am not a Newcastle...

Oh I see what you did there.

Newcastle will just waste it anyway.

Eh, I suppose a penny given to Rangers is better than none at all.

Edited by thekorean