Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

I'd take Lescott over Senderos.

Always thought Lescott was a very solid defender. Fair enough he didn't have a great season last year but not many Villa players did. I'm not sure what else is out there at the moment, although I would like to see us dip into the European market a bit more.

Garner will be fine up here, has a lot of passion and gives his all for the shirt. Not too happy to be spending over £1.5m on him, but only time will tell if he is worth it.

Senderos would be an absolute bomb scare, painfully slow (like most of our centre backs) and just not a player we should be looking at even on a free. Onyewu would be a better option than him!

Looks very likely that a CB and a ST will be our final 2 acquisitions this window so hopefully Warburton gets them right.

11 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

Wow, major rage issues there.

I actually was trying to have a serious discussion, do you not think this is a dodgy/daft route for Warburton to go down?

11 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

It's funny that you made a comment just before mine about giving a guy a greenie for talking sense who made a very similar point to me.

Lay off the Tuesday night pints Kinc.

Quoting the same post twice , I am sure that falls into the criteria for seething on pie and bovril 

1 hour ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Lescott came out and said that they were "relieved" and it was a "weight off their shoulders" that they got relegated as it had been hanging over them all season.

f**k right off with that attitude.

And he was utter dogshit all season.

To be fair anyone could see villa were destined for the drop last year , the players effectively gave up on any idea of an escape probably around December , not a great thing to say but I can see what he means , if the manager thinks he would be a good addition then I am willing to give him a chance 

8 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

When is that reprobate, Barton, going to start discussing Rangers in the media instead of his boyhood heroes, Celtic?

He's trying awfully hard to try to convince people he isn't a Celtic fan and failing miserably.

He's on twitter, ask him yourself.

When is that reprobate, Barton, going to start discussing Rangers in the media instead of his boyhood heroes, Celtic?

He's trying awfully hard to try to convince people he isn't a Celtic fan and failing miserably.

And?

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Releasing youngsters while signing 32 year olds.

At least Murray Park is proving to be worth £50m

Crawford will be 24 by the end of the season, not exactly a youngster, and is of poorer quality than Barton, Kranjcar and those '32 year olds' we've signed Windass, Crooks and Rossiter who play in his position.

43 minutes ago, RangersRyan084 said:

Crawford will be 24 by the end of the season, not exactly a youngster, and is of poorer quality than Barton, Kranjcar and those '32 year olds' we've signed Windass, Crooks and Rossiter who play in his position.

Whilst you're spunking millions on Murray park and these guys never see the first team.  You'd as well having the youngsters train on a local pitch/astro like other clubs in the league do.  Murray Park is literally useless.

36 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Whilst you're spunking millions on Murray park and these guys never see the first team.  You'd as well having the youngsters train on a local pitch/astro like other clubs in the league do.  Murray Park is literally useless.

It's a training ground for the team to train, I'd say it does it's job well enough.

Good football humour from Barton. It's always more funny when it's possibly true. I can assure you the Celtic players will be laughing as well but not in front of him.... well not the fringe players! Heard Rodgers was spotted shopping with his young girlfriend. Appears the tan and teeth have worked! I'm sure Rodgers will have a chuckle as well  

When a youngster is released apart from disciplinary reasons it's because a decision has been made that it is felt he will not enhance the team's performance in the future. They are not released so that older players can be signed! Also Murray Park is not just used for the youths to progress  

Rangers are not a club who can have a 4/5 year plan to consistently challenge Celtic. With the poor team McCoist left, playing the last 4 seasons in lower leagues and with a much lower budget and no champions league to entice players Warburton is doing just fine. Rangers fans realistically know to win the league is 'almost' unachievable this season however next season....