Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

I read the BBC story this morning and couldn't quite believe the response from Rangers. 

It's pretty clear that this sort of abuse was endemic within football clubs, sports clubs etc. It's impossible, or it should be, to try and take the high ground on this issue. My own Club has been linked to abuse. 

It matters not then whether that correspondence was issued by Rangers, Celtic, Partick Thistle or Pollok Juniors. It's not an exercise in point scoring to say that it is utterly lacking in basic morality. I would be utterly appalled if Thistle had engaged in any correspondence of that nature. 

5 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I’ve no idea why they still play in the Scottish leagues. They perceive that absolutely everyone in Scottish football, outwith the environs of Ibrox, is “out to get them”. So why are they still here? We don’t want them, and they don’t want us, so find some way, anyway, to play your football elsewhere. The only end to this endless statement, upon statement, upon statement embarrassment is for them to go. I may be proved wrong, but surely even they (or him) cannot come out with anything worse than today’s statement. It is abhorrent.

Nobody would want them.

18 minutes ago, Ken Fitlike said:

wasn't the 'cheap and nasty' attacks line used on the SFA notice of complaint  Statement, rather than this separate sad situation

No

'Cheap and nasty attacks'

It said that both the Scottish FA and Police Scotland had been informed of the matter.

The statement added: "It is vital matters are dealt with sensitively and with proper care and regard for those involved.

"We will not respond to questions that seek to turn allegations of desperate and deplorable conduct from three or more decades ago into cheap and nasty attacks on Rangers Football Club, and those of its employees who now have to attend to such difficult matters."

12 minutes ago, John MacLean said:

I read the BBC story this morning and couldn't quite believe the response from Rangers. 

It's pretty clear that this sort of abuse was endemic within football clubs, sports clubs etc. It's impossible, or it should be, to try and take the high ground on this issue. My own Club has been linked to abuse. 

It matters not then whether that correspondence was issued by Rangers, Celtic, Partick Thistle or Pollok Juniors. It's not an exercise in point scoring to say that it is utterly lacking in basic morality. I would be utterly appalled if Thistle had engaged in any correspondence of that nature. 

Good Post.

The reason there is now the strict Disclosure scrutiny for anyone involved with any youth activities.

The Torbett case became a gleeful 'bash Celtic' meme that has been disgracefully  and unthinkingly embraced by the Rangers hordes.

Shit like this really makes you wonder why apparently 'normal' and 'decent' people would have anything to do with Sevco. There must come a time when such a person thinks 'enough is enough'. 

Of course making profit from bigotry, discriminatory signing policies, far right politics and plenty of other shit would make you question it, but there always seems to be an answer from the apparent 'decent' people who support them, such as claiming that such things don't represent the club, or it's a minority, or that they won't allow others to take THEIR club in such a direction or they won't allow others to dictate what THEIR club is and so on and so on.

All just excuses. All just delusion. All lies. 

Edited by DA Baracus

A rather large number of Rangers fans have slated Celtic about historical child for years now, as if they hold some form of moral high ground over them.  If the current Rangers setup officially acknowledge this then they'll have absolutely nothing as 'ammo' (other than their self-declared 'most successful team in the world' thing perhaps) and therefore it honestly wouldn't surprise me if this has something to do with this disgustingly awful slope shouldering.  Wild speculation perhaps, but you wouldn't put it past them.

Regardless of the motivations behind these actions, this is whole new low in the whole Ibrox saga, and that alone speaks volumes.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Had a peek on RM but didn’t last over a minute looking at their crayon sprawled opinions on the matter before I had to come off

Truly repugnant individuals, aye but whit aboot sellick 

I seriously hope that isn’t an accurate respresentation of the Sevco support 

6 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Had a peek on RM but didn’t last over a minute looking at their crayon sprawled opinions on the matter before I had to come off

Truly repugnant individuals, aye but whit aboot sellick 

I seriously hope that isn’t an accurate respresentation of the Sevco support 

Unfortunately it is. Whataboutery is life.

Rangers fans have a habit of mirroring Trump supporters:

But Hillary: aye but Celtic
Fake News: Obsessed

As well as sharing similar unpleasant right wing views, rallying behind a liar in chief and a complete lack of self awareness whilst being incredibly thin-skinned.

Rangers fans have a habit of mirroring Trump supporters:

But Hillary: aye but Celtic
Fake News: Obsessed

As well as sharing similar unpleasant right wing views, rallying behind a liar in chief and a complete lack of self awareness whilst being incredibly thin-skinned.

...........and having lots of covert “back office” support from the SFA /SPFL and the usual suspects in the Weegie meeja.

1 hour ago, Frank Grimes said:

95% percent of it seems to relate to 'they're all out to get us / no coincidence that it was reported today', spectacularly missing the big issue that is their club's slope shouldered response here. 

All-out can't see the forest for the trees type paranoia highlighting the large percentage of their fan-base that must be utter morons.  If they're genuinely the minority of Rangers fans then the supposed good-guys need to stand up, stop being utter s***e-bags, and call them all out on this one (although I saw one RM roaster poster genuinely referring to Rangers' actions as 'dignified silence').

Edited by Hedgecutter

95% percent of it seems to relate to 'they're all out to get us / no coincidence that it was reported today', spectacularly missing the big issue that is their club's slope shouldered response here. 
All-out can't see the forest for the trees type paranoia highlighting the large percentage of their fan-base that must be utter morons.  If they're genuinely the minority of Rangers fans then the supposed good-guys need to stand up, stop being utter s***e-bags, and call them all out on this one (although I saw one RM roaster poster genuinely referring to Rangers' actions as 'dignified silence').
The sane posters get absolutely hunted I believe.