Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

Dont waste your time on RM. Ten posts in and not one person has said anything against the club, it's all about a BBC/Celtic conspiracy to bring the ub down, and that the youth coach is "innocent until proven guilty". 

Genuinely sickening. 

1 hour ago, eindhovendee said:

"Cheap and nasty attacks on Rangers" ...why would they have that in the statement?

Rangers need to punt whoever penned that statement amd start taking advice from somewhere different. That is ridiculous.

That's a standard "attack all enemies" comment from Jim Traynor. 

Edited by JamesM82
clearer

25 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Dont waste your time on RM. Ten posts in and not one person has said anything against the club, it's all about a BBC/Celtic conspiracy to bring the ub down, and that the youth coach is "innocent until proven guilty". 

Genuinely sickening. 

Jesus

These people walk amongst us 

Have to be careful not to drag this into petty point scoring on child abuse, or even make judgement on the allegation.  Rangers Media will be Rangers media, it isn't fair to judge them all by that standard.

But that response from the club is abhorrent.  Jim Traynor at his worst.  Rangers have never distanced themselves from Traynor's attitude therefore they are guilty by association.  Atrocious.

1 hour ago, Bohemian said:

They really are the most disgusting football club in the world, absolute scum with absolutely no shame.. no doubt they will twist this in  some way to make out they are the victims..

Indeed, and its their usual and normal practice, whether as fans or the board - online they are still using the Hibs banner from the weekend (which they call sectarian :rolleyes:) as the ultimate whataboutery for the horrible comments directed at Neil Lennon.

Why anyone thinks they would give two hoots about this person is beyond me - as their song says,  they simply dont care.

If ‘David’, Rangers fan, and season ticket holder at Ibrox, is so concerned about justice- why is he pursuing us for monetary gain when he knows our recent financial situation?

Rangers Media at it's disgusting best.  

2 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

So..... Medals, trophies, going for 55 - Same club.

Duty of care to children and corporate responsibility - different club so, f**k off to the back of the liquidators queue.

Not sure I've ever heard anything worse from a football club in my life.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-44126217

Genuinely agog and quite shaken when I read that.

This is their response to young players in their care, who suffered horrendously and despite it all, still turn up at Ibrox dutifully.

"Beat it. Wisnae us".

Disgusting, truly disgusting.

Aye but big Jock knew, Bheasts, WATP, etc etc

That's the thing, I don't think they care about the victim, the coach being innocent or guilty. This about them never being able to use child abuse to score points again (like certain ***'s on here)

7 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Just read about this and came here to see if it had been shared.

I've heard worse from football clubs, but definitely not in Scotland and I can't think of anything worse in Britain, ever. The closest I can think of is some of the cowardice shown by Sheffield Wednesday when their stadium contributed significantly to 96 deaths. But Rangers' statement goes beyond that as it goes on the offensive with remarks about "cheap and nasty attacks".

Rangers fans should be utterly ashamed of their club, and they should tell them so. In a long line of batshit crazy statements, this is the first that crosses from hilarious to obscene. They're hiding from a clear and obvious moral responsibility.

The least important bit of this is that it ends the debate on whether Rangers are the same club or not. I've enjoyed teasing Rangers fans about it, but I've always felt that it's the same club - it's a team with the same name playing at the same stadium with the same colours, legally they have the same goodwill, and most importantly, it's the same fans. I think that matters more than a piece of paper in Companies House. But you don't get to claim the trophies of the past while dodging responsibility for the sins committed. The discussion is over. Rangers have said that they are not Rangers any more. But as I say, that's  the least important part of this scandal. 

And before anyone starts with the "innocent until proven guitly" crap, there have been several separate allegations made against this guy at two different clubs. It would be a helluva coincidence for them all to have spontaneously made it up. How about we respect the victims and not regard them with suspicion just because it involves ra bears, eh?

Edited to add - just remembered Crewe Alexandria. They were worse. But that's the territory Rangers are now in.

To be clear, I think there have been two Rangers "statements" here.

The first one will have been the letter (written by lawyers) to the guy who asked for an apology and compensation, which denies liability and refers him to the oldco liquidator.

The lad has obviously then gone to BBC / Mark Daly, given his history of Rangers insolvency scoops. BBC / Daly will have then asked Rangers for comment before publishing the piece. That's where you get the remarks, obviously written by Jim Traynor, about "cheap and nasty attacks".

1 minute ago, JamesM82 said:

To be clear, I think there have been two Rangers "statements" here.

The first one will have been the letter (written by lawyers) to the guy who asked for an apology and compensation, which denies liability and refers him to the oldco liquidator.

The lad has obviously then gone to BBC / Mark Daly, given his history of Rangers insolvency scoops. BBC / Daly will have then asked Rangers for comment before publishing the piece. That's where you get the remarks, obviously written by Jim Traynor, about "cheap and nasty attacks".

The letter to the victim's solicitor isn't a statement, it was private correspondence, the only statement I was talking about was the line given to the BBC. 

3 minutes ago, GordonS said:

The letter to the victim's solicitor isn't a statement, it was private correspondence, the only statement I was talking about was the line given to the BBC. 

Right, but I doubt if the comment given to the BBC reiterates the attempt to wriggle out of liability for historic child sexual abuse by admitting  that the Rangers of today is a different entity from the Rangers of the 1980s.

I’ve no idea why they still play in the Scottish leagues. They perceive that absolutely everyone in Scottish football, outwith the environs of Ibrox, is “out to get them”. So why are they still here? We don’t want them, and they don’t want us, so find some way, anyway, to play your football elsewhere. The only end to this endless statement, upon statement, upon statement embarrassment is for them to go. I may be proved wrong, but surely even they (or him) cannot come out with anything worse than today’s statement. It is abhorrent.