Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

7 hours ago, Ken Fitlike said:

Not really 'banter' and not really 'BRALT'..... so I'll place this  Outsider's Observations here on some of the recent tomfoolery

Hardly an outsider when when you read in the Contributors section that the guy who wrote the blog is a Celtic fan.  Just another anti-Rangers perspective. (albeit, not all of what he wrote is nonsense, to be fair)

Interesting he calls out what he believes to be bullsh*t but see's no irony in writing "That interest better be monetised sharpish, especially if new signing Scot Arfield really is on thirty-eight grand-a-week"

Arfield wont be making anywhere near that much at Rangers. A quick google search has his salary at his previous club at £23k a week (could be nonsense too) and that's probably much closer to what Rangers have offered. My guess would be no more than £20k

26 minutes ago, thepundit said:

Hardly an outsider when when you read in the Contributors section that the guy who wrote the blog is a Celtic fan.  Just another anti-Rangers perspective. (albeit, not all of what he wrote is nonsense, to be fair)

Interesting he calls out what he believes to be bullsh*t but see's no irony in writing "That interest better be monetised sharpish, especially if new signing Scot Arfield really is on thirty-eight grand-a-week"

Arfield wont be making anywhere near that much at Rangers. A quick google search has his salary at his previous club at £23k a week (could be nonsense too) and that's probably much closer to what Rangers have offered. My guess would be no more than £20k

He might be if the are paying his signing on fee (he's a Bosman after all) on a weekly basis.

36 minutes ago, thepundit said:

I think the use of the word " really" in that sentence implies that the writer doesn't actually think it is true.

Arfield's annual salary at Burnley last year was 1.2 million,   The Rangers average salary for the same period was just under 330,000, 
Despite running at a large deficit, it seems the plan is to continue to spend, spend, spend.

So Rangers are paying £45k a week for Carlos Pena and Scott Arfield :lol:

Absolutely fucking mental. Arfield turns 30 this season and has four goals and three assists in his last two seasons.

So Rangers are paying £45k a week for Carlos Pena and Scott Arfield :lol:
Absolutely fucking mental. Arfield turns 30 this season and has four goals and three assists in his last two seasons.

Just think he’s so similar to Dorrans and Murphy, is this the end of the road for one of them then?

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Just think he’s so similar to Dorrans and Murphy, is this the end of the road for one of them then?

Dorrans at least gives you something going forward, Murphy is a completely different player but it utterly predictable. Arfield is a complete nothing player who's lucky Burnleys "high energy" approach means he can run about on the right wing a bit, contributing nothing but pressing full backs, and still get regular game time. 

All three haven't resolved any weakness in the Rangers squad and seem to be signed solely because they've played in the EPL and Scottish football at some point.

5 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

So..... Medals, trophies, going for 55 - Same club.

Duty of care to children and corporate responsibility - different club so, f**k off to the back of the liquidators queue.

Not sure I've ever heard anything worse from a football club in my life.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-44126217

They really are the most disgusting football club in the world, absolute scum with absolutely no shame.. no doubt they will twist this in  some way to make out they are the victims..

Edited by Bohemian

So..... Medals, trophies, going for 55 - Same club.

Duty of care to children and corporate responsibility - different club so, f**k off to the back of the liquidators queue.

Not sure I've ever heard anything worse from a football club in my life.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-44126217

Aye but big Jock knew, Bheasts, WATP, etc etc

"Cheap and nasty attacks on Rangers" ...why would they have that in the statement?

Rangers need to punt whoever penned that statement amd start taking advice from somewhere different. That is ridiculous.