France vs Scotland

Yep, the team is crap but is all we have.

I don't think Souttar & McGhee are ready for Scotland. Nowhere near it and Gould plays reserve team football in Portugal.

And Oliver Burke is ...?

He spends most time on bench for average championship side...

But he is quick and big I guess, so by Strachan's reckoning is therefore ready to chase down players in other teams who can keep the ball...

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John Souttar was one of the worst centre backs in the league last season. We absolutely should be including younger players on the fringes now, but that doesn't mean we should be picking any old chump.

John Souttar was one of the worst centre backs in the league last season. We absolutely should be including younger players on the fringes now, but that doesn't mean we should be picking any old chump.

He did have to undergo a trial at Dundee utd last season when they had sold all their best outfield players, which left little protection against the kick & rush ball blootering most SPL teams call forward play.

Seems like he did much better since he joined hearts - am I wrong?

He did have to undergo a trial at Dundee utd last season when they had sold all their best outfield players, which left little protection against the kick & rush ball blootering most SPL teams call forward play.

Seems like he did much better since he joined hearts - am I wrong?

I've heard Hearts fans saying he looked very solid for them

McNaughton never played in that match. He was pulled from the team because votes Vogts thought he was too nervous.

I always thought he ended up being a solid player who we underused, especially considering some of the defenders who we have given more caps to.

Right enough! I was in the pub after my first week at work (at a proper job) in London when that was on. Nowhere was showing the game then I saw the news and the shot of Trezeguet holding up five fingers at Caldwell. Fair deflated my cocky Scotsman routine with my new workmates  :(

_1899875_trezeguetcaldwell300.jpg

Right enough! I was in the pub after my first week at work (at a proper job) in London when that was on. Nowhere was showing the game then I saw the news and the shot of Trezeguet holding up five fingers at Caldwell. Fair deflated my cocky Scotsman routine with my new workmates  :(

Scotland is leading the head to head series 8-7. We've won the last two. England won their last match v France but did not win any of the previous 6, losing 4.    Not a great record.  F'k'm.  

I hope to be drunk and just tolerated in my local cafe/bar after the game. Mon Scotlin'  :thumsup2

Archived