Camelon Juniors 2016/17

Delboy C.J.F.C

08dda629519c361fb71fc3649b96154b.jpg

Post from Camelon Juniors Football Team Facebook page, they need help both in terms of financial support and at the ground. If anyone can help in any way please let the club know. This is a heartfelt plea . #yourclubdontletitfail

"The club have asked on here on numerous occasions for help running the club but the response has been very poor. We are on the edge of a precipice and if it continues like this there won't be a Camelon Juniors in a few weeks. We desperately need help with the treasure chest. This is the lifeblood of the club and without it we will not survive. We could be doing with help up the park as well. It shocks me that there are more people from outside Camelon helping the club than there are people from Camelon helping. Any help would be appreciated. If it's buying a season ticket, sponsoring a player, doing a couple of hours on treasure chest or helping on a match day. We need to act now before its too late.“

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having worked in the foundry in Larbert for years av a bit of a soft spot for camelon, me and my late dad used to go an watch camelon midweek or if wee had a free week, would hate to think they would go to the wall, that serious? it's actually my dad's cousin Robert who runs the canal Inn who sponsors the strips.

37 minutes ago, taurus said:

Heard during the week their in a bad place , ready to fold . Hope not .

37 minutes ago, taurus said:

Heard during the week their in a bad place , ready to fold . Hope not .

What happened to the new committee,they promised so much have they packed in.

Utter shite.

3-1 up with 40 minutes to go and contrived to lose to a Whitburn team that could at best be described as average.

Anyway

1-0 : O'Brien plays the ball across the edge of the box to Taylor who curls it in.

2-0 : Ball over the top, Docherty 1 on 1 with keeper - keeper falls over and its knocked into an empty net. (score at the lemons)

2-1 : 1 minute into 2nd half and Kane allows a 25 yard free kick through his hands.

3-1 : Herd rifles a low one into the net.

3-2 : Corner on left is left (ironically) by about 4 Mariners and its knocked home at front post by disbelieving player.

3-3 : Brass heads a ball into acres of space in the box and the Whitburn player is on hand to take his opportunity and level it.

3-4 : Free kick, no idea what it was given for, is placed into the left hand corner of the net from 20 yards.

Utter shit. :wacko:

Strange decision imo! Granted the disappointment of going out of Scottish but with the whole uncertainty going on at the club I think they've done ok in terms of league results. Thought they would've done well if they had been given time. 

2 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

I heard they've approximately 3 weeks.

Edit:

Wee things like these tinks, who've had seasons of free matches cos they can't even pay a fiver (£6 now obv) don't help.

p1020754.jpg?w=304&h=228&crop=1

Noticed the cheapskates behind the goal on Saturday and couldn't believe anyone would be so brass necked to erect something like that. Surprised Camelon haven't built a 10ft high fence to block the view.

Rumours abound just now re Camelon. I heard today from a Falkirk based source (1) the club can only survive another 3 weeks, (2) the club will fold sooner if someone wins the treasure chest of £600 as there is nowhere near that money in the account (3) the players signed for this season are dross, (4) that a guy that finances an amateur team is making noises that he may take over at Camelon but it would be on the condition that all the committee and nearly all the players get punted and he would have total control of the club. Camelon Juniors are in a mess.

46 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Rumours abound just now re Camelon. I heard today from a Falkirk based source (1) the club can only survive another 3 weeks, (2) the club will fold sooner if someone wins the treasure chest of £600 as there is nowhere near that money in the account (3) the players signed for this season are dross, (4) that a guy that finances an amateur team is making noises that he may take over at Camelon but it would be on the condition that all the committee and nearly all the players get punted and he would have total control of the club. Camelon Juniors are in a mess.

Sorry if it's true of Camelon's plight! I thought that they had a great wee ground, social club, & set up when Buffs were there last season,in the Scottish replay. Would be a total travesty if the club were to fold,& a team like Camelon would be sorely missed!

Archived