Camelon Juniors 2016/17

Delboy C.J.F.C

East website saying Camelon host Bonnyrigg next Saturday but SFA saying Bonnyrigg are playing Glasgow Uni in the SFA Cup.

Assuming the Camelon fixture will be cancelled.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, drs said:

East website saying Camelon host Bonnyrigg next Saturday but SFA saying Bonnyrigg are playing Glasgow Uni in the SFA Cup.

Assuming the Camelon fixture will be cancelled.

If so all roads lead to Springburn for you

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jeanfield Swifts 4 Camelon 0

watering-can-clip-art-niBag76iA.jpeg

Perthshire boys on tour the day, returning to the holy land however when the highlight of your day is a trip round the Muirton Asda reminiscing about Buck McGarry, Henry Hall and John Connelly then you know it aint been a good day.

A much changed Camelon, I made it 6 changes from the last league game, were well beaten today. First half was nearly all Swifts as they controlled a scrappy game - a ball into the box saw the Canal Boys defence stop to appeal for offside but the lino was having none of it and the Swifts frontman dispatched the ball into the net. From the opposite end of the pitch he didnt look offside and the lino was adamant as to who was playing him on 1-0.

2-0 Swifts took command of the game when a ball down the Jeanfield right saw their player walk round about 6 Camelon players who had decided not to tackle and after a bit of interplay the ball was sent into the bottom corner.

Half time and with the paint being ripped of the away dressing room walls a change was made as Fullerton replaced Bolam to shore up the side that was the genesis of all of the attacking play and for a while this seemed to work as for the first 30 minutes of the second half Camelon dominated the game but only had a sclaffed free kick and a Scott effort off the crossbar to show for it.

3-0 Jeanfield player ran onto a through ball, held off his man and slotted past the advancing keeper and that was that for the Mariners.

4-0 A defensive calamity, that seemed to sum up the day, saw Morrison dither and be dispossessed and the grateful Swifts player knock it home.

Very bad day at the office for the Mariners however it was a depleted squad. Onwards and upwards - they have been a lot better than todays performance already this season and I'd expect the good times to come back next week.

On ‎11‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 19:19, Delboy C.J.F.C said:

New loan player at number 10 looked decent but was taken off.... Like to see him play full 90 linked up well with sneds. The other positive was the rain stayed off.

Where has Number 10 come on loan from?

Recognised the loan keeper but didn't know Number 10.

edit - just looked up the club where the keeper came from and there is Number 10 as well.

Camelon 2 Carnoustie 3

A barnstorming last 5 minutes in which the mariners put Panmure under non stop pressure cant hide that this was an abysmal performance from the home team and the scoreline flatters them.

I've had a few so have forgotten a goal somewhere along the line -

0-1 : free kick from 20 yards out on the left is lifted over the wall and in at the near post.

0-2 : great effort on the right is rifled off the post, its half cleared to the edge of the box and laser guided into the bottom corner.

0-3 : another goal for Carnoustie - think this was another one in at the post, I was pondering the futility of the life of a bluebottle at this point to take my mind off things.

1-3 : great run from Donaldson sees him beat a couple of men and take a shot, keeper saves but the ball is only cleared to Sneddon who slides it home.

2-3 : Keeper brings down attacker, looked outside the box and he should have been sent off as its was a clear GSO but he only got a yellow, anyway Bell scores the spot kick.

Bah, humbug.

13 hours ago, drs said:

0-1 : free kick from 20 yards out on the left is lifted over the wall and in at the near post.

0-2 : great effort on the right is rifled off the post, its half cleared to the edge of the box and laser guided into the bottom corner.

0-3 : another goal for Carnoustie - think this was another one in at the post, I was pondering the futility of the life of a bluebottle at this point to take my mind off things.

1-3 : great run from Donaldson sees him beat a couple of men and take a shot, keeper saves but the ball is only cleared to Sneddon who slides it home.

2-3 : Keeper brings down attacker, looked outside the box and he should have been sent off as its was a clear GSO but he only got a yellow, anyway Bell scores the spot kick.

Bah, humbug.

Wee scone

19 hours ago, drs said:

Bah, humbug.

Drs if its denying a goalscoring opportunity inside the box and a penalty is given its only a yellow card with the new double jeopardy rules they brought in during the Euros.

Archived