Ins and outs

Curious who's getting a move from Leith Lothian and everyone else to so called bigger clubs.

Any news.

Any club in lowland or above by football definition becomes a 'bigger club'. This isn't like a Rangers or Leeds where they're big clubs in lower leagues because those clubs CAN get promoted.

LTHV and Leith have shown no ambition to put in place the structure off the park needed to progress to the lowland and beyond. The big fish in a small pond mentality when the winners can actually be promoted shows they aren't actually a big club(s) at all IMO

Anybody making any signings public yet?

I'm sure there will be lots of interest in that Leith squad.

Last Season Lothian lost 5 who wanted to step up

Leith are fortunate that their better players actually stepped down to play for Leith again so may be happy where the are having already tried the step up already

I agree with SN Both teams have shown little if any interest in moving their club on and happy to win the EOS

I don't get this sniping and comments on Leith and Lothian's ambitions, if the clubs are happy, who fucking cares

The thing is I doubt either club are happy where they are but not much they can do about it just yet. In 2020 if they've still no licence then I could understand it but hopefully by then the non league game will be rationalized and it won't even be an issue

I don't get this sniping and comments on Leith and Lothian's ambitions, if the clubs are happy, who fucking cares

The teams who are part of the league and spending money on infrastructure to get into the lowland and licensed fraternity.

I'd see your point of those teams weren't spending the money on players but given that they've a choice and decide to spunk the cash on playing staff, then they're preventing others from progressing.

I know what you're saying, with Lothian getting a crack at the Scottish last season, and now Leith through winning the league, without making an effort to get a licence, but how a club, or for that anyone chooses to spunk their money should be entirely up to them aye ?

The teams who are part of the league and spending money on infrastructure to get into the lowland and licensed fraternity.

I'd see your point of those teams weren't spending the money on players but given that they've a choice and decide to spunk the cash on playing staff, then they're preventing others from progressing.

Playing devils advocate here but what if leith/lothian do want to take the step but cant get the funding or facilities??

Archived