Penicuik Athletic

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, db11 said:

top 4 is a great achievement, finishing above lithgae- I think you would have been delighted with that at start of the season.

Finishing above lithgae haha, most of the league will be finishing above lithgae. Worst standard the super league has ever been

48 minutes ago, Blue White Dynamite said:

Right, I'll take the bait.

Penicuik are set to finish in their highest position in the Super League ever, with their best points total.

Penicuik have scored their highest total of Super League goals.

Penicuik reached the 5th Round of the Scottish Junior Cup, losing 4-3 to Kirkintilloch Rob Roy who are competing to win the West Super League. Hardly pumped.

Penicuik reached the 3rd Round of the East of Scotland Cup, losing out 7-6 on penalties to Jeanfield Swifts after a 2-2 draw. Jeanfield are a Super League side. Hardly pumped.

Penicuik reached the 3rd Round of the Fife & Lothians Cup, losing 2-1 to Blackburn United, who have won promotion from the South Division. A poor result on paper but that does Blackburn a disservice on their performance that day.

To compare, last season Penicuik exited the Junior Cup at the 3rd Round, exited the East of Scotland Cup at the 2nd Round and we did fantastically well to win the Fife and Lothians Cup, we suffered from a poor winter which extended our season.

Speak to any Penicuik fan who regularly attends matches and they'll tell you that the style of football has been vastly improved from years gone by and that while we are disappointed not to be competing for silverware at this late stage of the season, it has been a great season.

All in all, the facts speak for themselves.

Correct Dougie, the medals speak for themselves ;)

9 minutes ago, hughie2shoes said:

Finishing above lithgae haha, most of the league will be finishing above lithgae. Worst standard the super league has ever been

top 4 finish is a great achievement for penicuik. Lithgae are that poor they made the junior cup semis and were edged out by a single goal by Talbot.

13 hours ago, gogsy said:

Hughie2shoes hasn't posted since October when his comments about the club were fairly positive, could he be someone that was involved with the club but fell out with them some time between then and now, ex player maybe?

Me personally think ex manager !!!!!

I only started watching Penicuik after moving to the town in 2015 and for me the standard of play and quality of the team has really improved under Harvey.

Granted the last month or so hasn't been great but in general the Penicuik team this season is a great improvement on the team from last season

Could still be improved on though. They need a keeper, I must have seen about 4 play this season. Bejoloui was by far the best but he seems to have been binned. Up front and wide they could do with adding some pace.

All in all though I think they look a pretty decent side and if they can keep that squad together and add a bit quality they shouldn't be far away from winning things next season

On ‎08‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 17:24, Winkles said:

I only started watching Penicuik after moving to the town in 2015 and for me the standard of play and quality of the team has really improved under Harvey.

Granted the last month or so hasn't been great but in general the Penicuik team this season is a great improvement on the team from last season

Could still be improved on though. They need a keeper, I must have seen about 4 play this season. Bejoloui was by far the best but he seems to have been binned. Up front and wide they could do with adding some pace.

All in all though I think they look a pretty decent side and if they can keep that squad together and add a bit quality they shouldn't be far away from winning things next season

You are correct, big Yossie is the best out of all the keepers Penicuik have had this season and I would go one further and say he's the best keeper Penicuik have had since Murray McDermott back in the early 70's. But you are incorrect that he was binned. He walked out on the club after being treated abysmally by the current manager, a real shame as I think he could have been the difference in many of our games since he left, most notable in the Scottish tie v Rob Roy.

Just now, hillofthecookoo said:

You are correct, big Yossie is the best out of all the keepers Penicuik have had this season and I would go one further and say he's the best keeper Penicuik have had since Murray McDermott back in the early 70's. But you are incorrect that he was binned. He walked out on the club after being treated abysmally by the current manager, a real shame as I think he could have been the difference in many of our games since he left, most notable in the Scottish tie v Rob Roy.

That's a pleasant blast from the past.

34 minutes ago, hillofthecookoo said:

Could you advise if you're going to be using this account or the Hughie one or the Athletic one?  Once you have done so I can then remove the other two,  Many thanks.

2 hours ago, hillofthecookoo said:

Fair enough.

Did think it was a bit strange at the start of the season when Yossie was on the bench given how he'd performed when I'd watched Penicuik last season. Back fired a bit now with Bald retiring and as the Bonnyrigg game showed the current keeper really struggles on set pieces and crosses.

Mccallum retiring is going to be a big blow too. Penicuik will miss his height and strength.

Big summer ahead and some important signings needed.

Bit of a shame to end the season like this. As I said before, on the whole Penicuik this season are a far better team than last and in general play decent football that's good to watch.

Archived