Wentworth

Boostin' Kev

It's pure gold - one of the best dramas in years. Ferguson is also the best villain I've seen in I don't know how long. I have to say though, the lengths the writers have gone to to keep her on the show this season (after the explosive climax of her manipulation and criminal antics last season) have stretched credulity beyond breaking point. It's jarring considering how realistic the show has been til now. I'm still enjoying it, but it's gone into a realm that even the original Prisoner never veered into (and it had some really unrealistic stuff throughout).

It's pure gold - one of the best dramas in years. Ferguson is also the best villain I've seen in I don't know how long. I have to say though, the lengths the writers have gone to to keep her on the show this season (after the explosive climax of her manipulation and criminal antics last season) have stretched credulity beyond breaking point. It's jarring considering how realistic the show has been til now. I'm still enjoying it, but it's gone into a realm that even the original Prisoner never veered into (and it had some really unrealistic stuff throughout).

Episode 3 with all the stuff going on in Ferguson's head was a bit tedious at times but apart from that season 4's off to a good start.  Watching episode 4 tonight.

Boomer would be so grateful you could have her doing anything in the conjugal visit.

She gets a conjugal in episode four, but it doesn't go to plan. The sight of her rolling around with her tiny, weedy boyfriend (who wants a finger in the bum) is something that will be seared onto your mind forever...

• 3 months later...

WTF? Wow what a finish. Never saw that coming seeing as whole premise of the show was about how bea becomes too dog and her story. Thought i had it all figured out but OMG that was one of the best season finales ever. Can't wait for next series but will really miss bea's character. Roll on season 5!!

That ending redeemed a pretty unfocused and ridiculously far-fetched season. Surely the Freak can't possibly be returned to Wentworth? Even the campy original knew that they could house her in her own prison only briefly whilst awaiting speedy transfer to be arranged.

I'm not sure where this is going to go without Bea. If I hadn't seen a spoiler for it if have been totally shocked by the ending. Didn't see the bit at the end with Alli coming though. Let's see how it goes next season, maybe Frankie will return as a main character or Kaz will take on the role of protagonist.

On 7 September 2016 at 10:51, parfecto said:

I'm not sure where this is going to go without Bea. If I hadn't seen a spoiler for it if have been totally shocked by the ending. Didn't see the bit at the end with Alli coming though. Let's see how it goes next season, maybe Frankie will return as a main character or Kaz will take on the role of protagonist.

The original Prisoner went on for about three hundred episodes after Bea Smith was shipped off to another prison (and later killed off offscreen when that prison burned down).

This season of Wentworth was pretty weak though. I'm sure I read it was a new writing staff. I never thought I'd say it, but the heavy use of Joan Ferguson post-governorship was tiring. A great character turned into a pantomime villain.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived