Muirkirk Juniors 16/17

bigbuff

Looking forward to playing Muirkirk with craigmark my boy was asked by GG to come to training when he quit ayr but travelling put him off

I get that though the team doesn't train at Muirkirk the travelling to games can be a bugger but its once every 2 weeks. All the best to the boy and Craigmark for the season ahead

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An announcement will be made in due course as soon as pen to paper has been completed. Yes pre-season started last Saturday with a healthy turn out.

Thanks to George Grierson for confirming latest list of pre-season friendlies prior to going on holiday

today.

JULY 23 - CREETOWN.  JULY 27 - HURLFORD UNITED. JULY 30 - HILLO'BEATH. AUGUST 1 -

AYR UNITED.  AUGUST 3 - KILWINNING RANGERS.

Good luck to George, Kev & co. Can't imagine the struggle that it is trying to convince lads to go to Muirkirk .

No disrespect intended but it really is the back of beyond . Never met the guy personally but the work he's done down there can only be commended

I don't disagree with anything you have said. Your manager will tell you I have also praised him on here. The fact remains he has itchy feet and I will stand by my prediction. It wasn't a dig if you read it properly. It was my opinion.

Now continue talking up your team. I for one will not shout you down as I think they have made great steps forward. However you really should chill out and refrain from taking the role of defender of truth and justice for Muirkirk Juniors FC. They did fine for a long time before you arrived.

Before I arrived? Haven't a clue what your talking about my friend. I'm not a part of the management team or the committee. My names Boab Williamson and I took kilwinning rangers 19s I've made that clear on a good few occasions. I've no reason to chill out I'm always chilled. And FYI this is a thread I started so if someone wants to say something that I disagree on I'll comment simples! You call it opinion I call it a dig in this instance we can agree to disagree.

I know who you are, pal. I listened to you on Robert's show (and was impressed and said so, incidentally).

You are obviously part of the club now as you have stated that you are in the dressing room on matchdays. Hence I say you have "arrived". I really don't see where the lines are crossed here.

Mr Grierson has bern great for MJFC, as have your lads. The fact remains that he applied for at least one other job during the course of last season and will probably do so again next season. My opinion is based on this.

This is how forums work. People comment on issues. As long as those comments are respectful, balanced and relevant (your Darvel post was none of those) then all good. No need for you to paint a big "S" on your chest.

I know who you are, pal. I listened to you on Robert's show (and was impressed and said so, incidentally).

You are obviously part of the club now as you have stated that you are in the dressing room on matchdays. Hence I say you have "arrived". I really don't see where the lines are crossed here.

Mr Grierson has bern great for MJFC, as have your lads. The fact remains that he applied for at least one other job during the course of last season and will probably do so again next season. My opinion is based on this.

This is how forums work. People comment on issues. As long as those comments are respectful, balanced and relevant (your Darvel post was none of those) then all good. No need for you to paint a big "S" on your chest.

Listen Pal, I've never been in the dressing room on Match days and at no point on any post anywhere have I said I have been. Again you bring up the darvel post and again I will reiterate that it was in reply to darvel legends comments on muirkirk so IF you going to slag a team be prepared to take it back surely that's

balanced. You seem to be wearing the big S on your chest as far as darvel are concerned. Now on my last post I stated we could agree to disagree so that's what we should do.

Listen Pal, I've never been in the dressing room on Match days and at no point on any post anywhere have I said I have been. Again you bring up the darvel post and again I will reiterate that it was in reply to darvel legends comments on muirkirk so IF you going to slag a team be prepared to take it back surely that's

balanced. You seem to be wearing the big S on your chest as far as darvel are concerned. Now on my last post I stated we could agree to disagree so that's what we should do.

Exactly and anyone who stalks someone on an open forum to know what he once wore needs drastic help .

Strange strange behaviour.

H

Exactly and anyone who stalks someone on an open forum to know what he once wore needs drastic help .

Hertha, it just becomes tiring when certain people like to try and put a spanner in the works with the manager, nobody is perfect and everybody makes mistakes. However on here some people take rumours and make them fact without knowing the truth. All you hear is "he said this" or " I heard this" or my favourite " I heard from a good source". My philosophy has always been unless you hear it straight from the horses mouth dont believe a word of it, many a reputation has been gained unfairly due to idle gossip.

Muirkirk play at the bottom end of Junior football and for a vast amount of those seasons have been at the bottom of the league. Success to the club has generally been survival as a club. They have die hard fans that have supported the team man and boy and will continue to do so no matter who is in charge. They have a hard working small committee and no debt always operating within their budget. Muirkirk easily have the smallest budget or if not one of the smallest in the league. Add that to the location and logistics and there is a huge mountain to climb to progress the club. However progress they have and although still finished bottom half of the table there were smiles on the faces of the supporters. The manager and his management team have done great and the boys have reacted to his methods. Now I'm not a Muikirk supporter although I go to every game as my son is in the squad and 80% of the team is made up of my ex players. The set up at Muirkirk although rural is fantastic for a small club.

I have a lot of hope for the coming season!!!!

Well said Boab,looking forward to seeing you and the rest of the Muirkirk "casuals" on the slopes of Burnside Park this season. I'll still be having a punt on Muirkirk for promotion ,regardless of some of the gossip thats spewed on this site.MontheKirk.

I watched every game last season & the difference between the beginning & the end of the season was huge . I hear the lads are putting it in at preseason & the friendlies George has arranged look real testers . Looking forward to the new season

You took it sorer than you made out at first then?

I'm sure it's a very smart jacket and makes you look sporty and "with it"!

Good luck to George, Kev & co. Can't imagine the struggle that it is trying to convince lads to go to Muirkirk .

No disrespect intended but it really is the back of beyond . Never met the guy personally but the work he's done down there can only be commended

Surely that's relative to where you're based though,fotj? It's only 15 mins from the Junior bastions of Auchinleck and Cumnock,and 25 mins (40 mins if Garrelburn is oot and aboot wi his speed gun  :rolleyes: ) from the bustling metropolis that is Hamilton.

In fact,I think it's fair to say that,over the years,quite a number of Hamilton boys have played in the Muirkirk colours.   :)

Delighted to hear that Fraser Stewart has decided to join the club in a player/coach capacity. His experience will help the young keepers there. Personally I have a lot of time for him and got n exceptionally well whilst at the buffs. Im sure this isn't the last signing but one im delighted with.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Glad I'm back said:

Muirkirk1 - Talbot 4.                                    I've got to say the muirkirk boys made Talbot work for their win yesterday, 2 slack goals in the last 10 mins but muirkirk can take a lot of positives from the game 

Was impressed with Muirkirk as was I with Craigmark and Annbank. The ADL should be some battle this season.

Archived