Edinburgh City

Sorry if this has already been asked / discussed but how is Stuart Morrison getting on for you guys? 

Allan Johnston's surprised he's not been called up for Scotland U19 duty again but I see he's played in all or the majority of your matches since his loan move. 

Cheers. 

Sorry if this has already been asked / discussed but how is Stuart Morrison getting on for you guys? 
Allan Johnston's surprised he's not been called up for Scotland U19 duty again but I see he's played in all or the majority of your matches since his loan move. 
Cheers. 

Our defence is essentially not very good at the moment and we've really struggled by not having a settled backline (in my opinion anyway) but Stuart has been one of our better performers. I think it will be a good learning experience for him as there's some horrible old bas**rds in this league that will rough him up but he in an odd way looks like he'd do better at a higher level. Not sure what the standard is like at U19s so difficult to say if he deserves to be in the squad or not.

1 hour ago, AllyMonc said:

Our defence is essentially not very good at the moment and we've really struggled by not having a settled backline (in my opinion anyway) but Stuart has been one of our better performers. I think it will be a good learning experience for him as there's some horrible old bas**rds in this league that will rough him up but he in an odd way looks like he'd do better at a higher level. Not sure what the standard is like at U19s so difficult to say if he deserves to be in the squad or not.

Thanks for the reply. Sounds promising. With experienced guys like Jesus Garcia Tena now at Edinburgh City too, it can only be a good thing for Stuart personally and collectively as a team. Hopefully you guys and Stuart can have a successful season. All the Best!

1 hour ago, Leonard-Spencer said:

Concerning??? The writing has been on the wall at the club with the "new structure and board". Absolutely no connection to clubs ethos and what made them the club the are. Complete shambles. Hope they get what they deserve.....

Cue Jim Jeffries, the Boris Johnson of Edinburgh city.

2 hours ago, AllyMonc said:

As an outsider I always had the feeling that this would happen eventually as someone else mentioned above there seems to have been a lot of changes behind the scenes since City got promoted to the SPFL, there can't be much of the "old guard" left standing from the Lowland League days.

With Jim Jefferies coming in as a director last season it was always at the back of my mind that he would maybe end up as manager. It would be interesting to know how much of the summer turnover of players GJ actually wanted.

Edited by cowdenbeath

25 minutes ago, scrooge1928 said:

City play Stenhousemuir in the Cup and that match will be on Friday 13th.  Spartans v Clach is on Saturday 14th.

The City v Annan match is a League game and will be on Saturday 21st.  Spartans play Ormiston in the South Cup on Sunday 22nd.

Maybe see Tam the Bam with a Freddie Kruger mask on, not that anyone would notice:lol: Looks like a Friday night out at AP for me:lol:

As an outsider I always had the feeling that this would happen eventually as someone else mentioned above there seems to have been a lot of changes behind the scenes since City got promoted to the SPFL, there can't be much of the "old guard" left standing from the Lowland League days

Again, as an outsider, but one who has watched a wee bit of Lowland/EoS League football over the years, I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing.

No disrespect to those involved at those levels but there is a huge difference both on and off the pitch, when you hit the senior leagues. You only have to look at the way Annan have changed over the years to see that clubs tend to need big changes. Although we all watch diddy teams in the grand scale of things, the LL/EoS league club set ups are extremely diddy conspired to L2.

1 minute ago, BB_Bino said:

Again, as an outsider, but one who has watched a wee bit of Lowland/EoS League football over the years, I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing.

No disrespect to those involved at those levels but there is a huge difference both on and off the pitch, when you hit the senior leagues. You only have to look at the way Annan have changed over the years to see that clubs tend to need big changes. Although we all watch diddy teams in the grand scale of things, the LL/EoS league club set ups are extremely diddy conspired to L2.

I would agree with you BB like you I have dabbled in watching LL and EOS when Cowden don't play. Like anything  as any club progresses change will be made along the way and set ups will change through time, I suppose once folk see what running an SPFL side is like some would want to run a mile!

I get the general point but for me Jardine has as good a football brain as anyone else in the league and proved that last season. Also I honestly felt there was a 'gap in the market' for a club that does things a bit differently and Edinburgh City were uniquely positioned to fill that, the link to the old guard was key to that.

Maybe my judgement is clouded because I really liked Gary but at the moment this is all horribly dispiriting.

1 minute ago, AllyMonc said:

I get the general point but for me Jardine has as good a football brain as anyone else in the league and proved that last season. Also I honestly felt there was a 'gap in the market' for a club that does things a bit differently and Edinburgh City were uniquely positioned to fill that, the link to the old guard was key to that.

Maybe my judgement is clouded because I really liked Gary but at the moment this is all horribly dispiriting.

I think BB was talking more of the club changing as a whole rather than just Gary moving on.

2 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Maybe see Tam the Bam with a Freddie Kruger mask on, not that anyone would notice:lol: Looks like a Friday night out at AP for me:lol:

you're claimed pal...

wullie.jpg.216f3a2322d82c3cd2b4d9df9eb56f05.jpg

ach, cowdenbeath cheered me up a wee bit after a miserable saturday so fair play!