Edinburgh City

How did Blues perform in his loan spell at EC? I felt he was destined for a career in the lower leagues but Livingston have taken a punt on him. Great move for Blues regardless.

I thought he did really well, he was brave on the ball, strong lad and decent technique.

That said surely Livi will loan him back out somewhere as he’s nowhere near ready for that level. A season in League 1 would do him the world of good. As you say though some move and fair play to him.

I'll be really interested to see how Danny Handling gets on in League Two, because he was probably my biggest disappointment of the season last year.

On paper I thought he looked like a smashing bit of business. Having lost Lewis Vaughan and Sam Stanton over the summer we badly lacked a #10 type player with the ability to drive at people and see a killer pass.

He made his debut the day after signing and got injured. We didn't see him again until the end of August when he was named in the starting lineup against Dunfermline. Six minutes in he broke down again and was out until the turn of the year.

When he did return to fitness he got into the side just as our form started to slump. Nobody blamed him though - he'd barely kicked a ball for the past three seasons so it was always going to take a bit of time to get back up to speed. 

Stevie stuck with him though, and as the weeks rolled on the poor performances continued. There was one massive exception. He was excellent in the TNS cup semi-final, scoring a screamer and generally just playing like we hoped he would.

That seemed to buy him a starting place for the rest of the season, which meant that he continued in the #10 role, whilst Tom Walsh and Dimitris Froxylias (both of whom looked far better in there than out wide) were shunted around the pitch. He barely tackled, drove with the ball or shot. His quick, short passing was good, but that aside there are few Sons fans who would've started him over both Walsh and Froxylias (as evidenced by where they've ended up, versus where Handling's ended up).

We lost 3-2 in a midweek game against Morton, and that day just summed him up perfectly. He did very little, but scored another absolute cracker of a goal, and then air-kicked a clearance from a corner shortly after allowing Morton to equalise.

Most of us assumed he'd be let go in the summer and I was shocked and a bit concerned to see us offer him a deal. I'd therefore be lying if I said I wasn't a bit relieved to see him move on.

Good luck to him though. It's been years since he managed a solid 30+ game season, and I hope he gets that at City. Dropping down a level to try and get his fitness and sharpness back might be a very canny move.

I'll be really interested to see how Danny Handling gets on in League Two, because he was probably my biggest disappointment of the season last year.
On paper I thought he looked like a smashing bit of business. Having lost Lewis Vaughan and Sam Stanton over the summer we badly lacked a #10 type player with the ability to drive at people and see a killer pass.
He made his debut the day after signing and got injured. We didn't see him again until the end of August when he was named in the starting lineup against Dunfermline. Six minutes in he broke down again and was out until the turn of the year.
When he did return to fitness he got into the side just as our form started to slump. Nobody blamed him though - he'd barely kicked a ball for the past three seasons so it was always going to take a bit of time to get back up to speed. 
Stevie stuck with him though, and as the weeks rolled on the poor performances continued. There was one massive exception. He was excellent in the TNS cup semi-final, scoring a screamer and generally just playing like we hoped he would.
That seemed to buy him a starting place for the rest of the season, which meant that he continued in the #10 role, whilst Tom Walsh and Dimitris Froxylias (both of whom looked far better in there than out wide) were shunted around the pitch. He barely tackled, drove with the ball or shot. His quick, short passing was good, but that aside there are few Sons fans who would've started him over both Walsh and Froxylias (as evidenced by where they've ended up, versus where Handling's ended up).
We lost 3-2 in a midweek game against Morton, and that day just summed him up perfectly. He did very little, but scored another absolute cracker of a goal, and then air-kicked a clearance from a corner shortly after allowing Morton to equalise.
Most of us assumed he'd be let go in the summer and I was shocked and a bit concerned to see us offer him a deal. I'd therefore be lying if I said I wasn't a bit relieved to see him move on.
Good luck to him though. It's been years since he managed a solid 30+ game season, and I hope he gets that at City. Dropping down a level to try and get his fitness and sharpness back might be a very canny move.
I agree with most of this bar the TNS game. I thought, goal aside, that he was guff and was desperate for him to get hooked. I'd say his only decent performance came in the away leg of the playoff final v Alloa.

I see chat on twitter of "4 figure wages" being dished out to Mr Handling.  I assume that's complete shite but I sincerely hope you aren't throwing silly money at him.  He was rightly offered a pittance to re-sign with us and it's clear nobody else was really convinced to take a punt on him.

I don't really have anything against the guy, he was just a complete shitebag who offered very little and I'm glad he's moved on.

I see chat on twitter of "4 figure wages" being dished out to Mr Handling.  I assume that's complete shite but I sincerely hope you aren't throwing silly money at him.  He was rightly offered a pittance to re-sign with us and it's clear nobody else was really convinced to take a punt on him.
I don't really have anything against the guy, he was just a complete shitebag who offered very little and I'm glad he's moved on.

Definitely shite. He was on less than 4 figures at hibs.

Guest Landan Spiv

2 seats left for the bus to motherwell next month. If ya want a seat get in contact at ecfc.csc2018@outlook.com or private message. 4 pick up points

1700 scottie, Northfield 

1705 ECFC social club, Lochend

1720 Ainslie Park, Pilton

1740 Marriott Hotel, Maybury 

Prices £15 Adult /£7 Kids as it stands however it's highly possible we can reduce the price closer to the time.

13 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:
14 hours ago, Ross Forbes said:

I agree with most of this bar the TNS game. I thought, goal aside, that he was guff and was desperate for him to get hooked. I'd say his only decent performance came in the away leg of the playoff final v Alloa.

Absolutely this, BBPF.

I see Jesus Tena has become a coach with Newtongrange Star's Academy. Wasn't always my cup of tea but I thought he had enough talent to keep playing for someone in the SPFL. Ach weel, fair play to the lad and good luck. 

Guest Landan Spiv

Pal of mine noticed that early bird season ticket prices are now extended till 30th June. That's good news and hopefully will attract more to buy one