Edinburgh City

1 hour ago, Landan Spiv said:

Those who haven't joined the supporters club yet just pm me your Name, e mail and phone number. 

Still plenty of time but wanna get as many on board as quickly as possible. 

Tam the bam this is aimed at you mainly haha 

groucho.png.dbedc7135605962d353072ec1b89b184.png

talking of the rugger buggers, Edinburgh Rugby have unveiled a new badge:
edinburgh_logo_full.thumb.jpg.1e97e3859ceb4ab08b48684731ad1c33.jpg
here's the corporate pish, sorry, deep thinking behind it: 
"The new club badge features the three turrets inspired by Edinburgh Castle, the original district crest and the capital’s flag and coat of arms.
Red, which featured so prominently in the previous badge, has been replaced with a “burnt orange” colour - which the club says is partly inspired by the “city’s volcanic beginnings at Castle Rock and Arthur’s Seat”.
Tell you what, if the new club badge looks anything like this abomination I'm off to watch Edinburgh United instead. 
That looks like the sort of pish, bog standard logo that your local firm of plumbers would come up with, courtesy of the owner's 10 year old wean.

Guest Landan Spiv
20 hours ago, Chris_the_rover said:

Lewis mclear has signed for Albion Rovers. What's he like

Apart from one assist he was very very quiet for us. Didn't even notice he was on the pitch for a couple of games. Nothing personal against the bloke but I'm glad he was released. We can't afford to have passengers 

Guest Landan Spiv
1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

First new signing for City defender Robbie McIntyre from Tynecastle. Ex Rangers and Huddersfield youth.

Im very pleased with that signing 

Guest Landan Spiv
1 hour ago, Disc Potato said:

Kieron Stewart was by far our worst player from last season.  Shocked he got offered a new deal. Gives us some hope he has signed for a rival. 

When I play in a poor team I normally play quite bad myself. He probably didn't even like playing for Berwick and thought "f*ck this" every week.

Welcome to City Keiran you'll be appreciated here just like Lord Scullion was after Berwick fans hounded him out the club. 

5 minutes ago, Landan Spiv said:

When I play in a poor team I normally play quite bad myself. He probably didn't even like playing for Berwick and thought "f*ck this" every week.

Welcome to City Keiran you'll be appreciated here just like Lord Scullion was after Berwick fans hounded him out the club. 

Because of his lack of talent, the Berwick support actually gave him some encouragement. It was usually our own players that ran out of patience with him. 

42 minutes ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

Aye, right enough. That's why he was released by Elgin, too. M o n g.

And by Arbroath. And Saint Johnstone, actually.

Still, League 1 and 2 are full of players who've been released over and over and over again. Even if Stewart isn't good enough to start, I don't doubt he is a good lad to have for squad depth, and for that alone an okay signing for City.

Delighted for Andy that he has not had to drop down to the Juniors (again) to get a gig. I liked him when he was with us, I think every team needs a player like Black in the middle of the park, a little terrier who works his backside off every week/

His biggest problem is that all to often he wins the ball or forces the opposition into a mistake but then doesn’t make the right choice with the ball when he has it. If he can sort that out, he’ll go from being a good signing for you into being a bloody excellent one. Certainly a better player than the last 2 you signed from us.

Kieran Stewart was very good for us at times and I was disappointed when he left. Obviously wouldn’t be anywhere near us now but he done a job at the time and I’d say if he is fit, in a good team and playing well he was a very decent League 2 midfielder. Just need to try and get the best out of him.

6 minutes ago, Redcar said:

Kieran Stewart works really hard and is decent in the air. His passing however, is just awful.

Better than that clueless lump Scullion, though.

I don't know anything about Kieran Stewart, so appreciate all opinions.

However, Pat Scullion was Outstanding For City when he first arrived in January so everyone obviously have different views.