Edinburgh City

1 hour ago, SLClyde said:

Rumour has it tam the bam led the campaign for change.

No. Nor indeed have I been consulted. 

Edinburgh City have used the castle emblem right back to formation in 1928 and the current badge dates from around 1996. Granted it is similar to Edinburgh United's:

5b0c8ba83ca31_edinburghunited.jpg.6aee806e26b5b4adc6919324007afe4c.jpg

both being based on the ancient City of Edinburgh coat of arms which shows a black castle. This might not have been a problem when United were Juniors and we were Seniors but United have now joined the East of Scotland League. United were formed a year before City were reformed but City could probably claim precedence. 

Now, this might be a no-no in terms of registration:

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/call-to-arms-over-threat-to-scottish-club-badges-1-3746851

although I would argue a generic castle design that looks similar to, but not quite like, the Edinburgh one could be got away with. After all Hibs most recent badge: 

5b0c8c6a2e5cb_hibsbadgenew.png.2e2038e475700f60073fff5c0d3acf94.png

which has been "matriculated" by the Lord Lyon (you can see the certificate in the entrance lobby in the main stand at Easter Road) uses the Edinburgh Castle design (when it was unveiled quite a few City fans commentated that the cheeky Hibee radges had pinched part of our badge!).

I might have a bash at designing a suitable badge myself.. watch this space! :P

A full history of City badges and kits can be found here (a good site):

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Edinburgh_City/Edinburgh_City.htm

bring back the pink and blue socks! 

8 hours ago, tamthebam said:

A full history of City badges and kits can be found here (a good site):

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Edinburgh_City/Edinburgh_City.htm

bring back the pink and blue socks!

I'm a regular contributor to HFK, probably my fave site on the web

Regardless, the chap who is designing the new City crest goes by Ryan McGinnis; on his site he's made concept badges for a fictional Dundee City, an Accies redesign, and Ayr United. If anything, these give a small insight into what we can expect.

Regardless, the chap who is designing the new City crest goes by Ryan McGinnis; on his site he's made concept badges for a fictional Dundee City, an Accies redesign, and Ayr United. If anything, these give a small insight into what we can expect.

I actually quite like those. Intrigued to see what the new crest looks like, I thought the old one was class but happy to see the club trying something different.

8 hours ago, DutchBorderer said:

I'm not sure I'd trust a man who can't spell "shield" correctly to design my club crest but there you are. Docendo discimus.

I wildly speculated about when it was announced. If it goes through I’m claiming like 80% of the credit. IMG_0015.jpg

talking of the rugger buggers, Edinburgh Rugby have unveiled a new badge:

edinburgh_logo_full.thumb.jpg.1e97e3859ceb4ab08b48684731ad1c33.jpg

here's the corporate pish, sorry, deep thinking behind it: 

"The new club badge features the three turrets inspired by Edinburgh Castle, the original district crest and the capital’s flag and coat of arms.

Red, which featured so prominently in the previous badge, has been replaced with a “burnt orange” colour - which the club says is partly inspired by the “city’s volcanic beginnings at Castle Rock and Arthur’s Seat”.

Tell you what, if the new club badge looks anything like this abomination I'm off to watch Edinburgh United instead. 

On looking at the images / plans for this "Lesser Murrayfield" ground, those wee  stands have pillars blocking your view on all three sides.

Low down tiny stands with pillars blocking your view is not necessary in modern times is it? 

They MUST be able to produce something better than that crap,

1 hour ago, Tenkay said:

On looking at the images / plans for this "Lesser Murrayfield" ground, those wee  stands have pillars blocking your view on all three sides.

Low down tiny stands with pillars blocking your view is not necessary in modern times is it? 

They MUST be able to produce something better than that crap,

it's probably the same cowboy that's designing the new Meadowbank.

Guest Landan Spiv

Those who haven't joined the supporters club yet just pm me your Name, e mail and phone number. 

Still plenty of time but wanna get as many on board as quickly as possible. 

Tam the bam this is aimed at you mainly haha