Edinburgh City

Guest Landan Spiv

Two friendlies confirmed for pre season

First one on 28th of June we travel to Gala fairydean Rovers and on 30th of June home to Whitehill welfare. 

I'll swerve the Whitehill game as I've seen us lose 4-1 at home to them and on penalties to them in the south challenge Cup final in the past. Absolute bogey team for me. 

Ill be at Gala though and if anyone else will be travelling I'll have supporters club forms at the ready for you to sign your life away to. 

22 hours ago, Landan Spiv said:

Two friendlies confirmed for pre season

First one on 28th of June we travel to Gala fairydean Rovers and on 30th of June home to Whitehill welfare. 

I'll swerve the Whitehill game as I've seen us lose 4-1 at home to them and on penalties to them in the south challenge Cup final in the past. Absolute bogey team for me. 

Ill be at Gala though and if anyone else will be travelling I'll have supporters club forms at the ready for you to sign your life away to. 

Whitehill are old pals- Rab C, Newky, Sir Peter, Big Tommy, the Fergie Park midges...

A trip to the architectural highlight of the Borders that is Womersley's Folly is a treat for all: 

llcf8.thumb.jpg.7c6050c2bbe9e3b9c46f1e7b878ae03a.jpg

they have a new pie hut too... #sortingoutthepriorites

llcf7.thumb.jpg.29696b39b9853f777040542538a6002a.jpg

Guest Landan Spiv
10 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Whitehill are old pals- Rab C, Newky, Sir Peter, Big Tommy, the Fergie Park midges...

A trip to the architectural highlight of the Borders that is Womersley's Folly is a treat for all: 

llcf8.thumb.jpg.7c6050c2bbe9e3b9c46f1e7b878ae03a.jpg

they have a new pie hut too... #sortingoutthepriorites

llcf7.thumb.jpg.29696b39b9853f777040542538a6002a.jpg

That stand is absolutely beautiful. 

28 minutes ago, GordonD said:

When did Gala add the 'Rovers' to their name? Was it a merger?

Aye as Aidan says a meger with the Fairydean and Gala Rovers, their strip is also a combination of both teams colours.

2 hours ago, Aidan said:

Yeah they merged in 2013 when they joined the Lowland League.

2 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Aye as Aidan says a meger with the Fairydean and Gala Rovers, their strip is also a combination of both teams colours.

Ta. Never heard of Gala Rovers.

4 hours ago, GordonD said:

Ta. Never heard of Gala Rovers.

Played in the Border Amateurs, were thought of as the big team in Gala when Fairydean were known by locals as "Edinburgh Fairydean" (due to them signing players from the Capital and not locals- funny lot in the Borders) and were actually the owners of Netherdale! 

There's a club history of them called "From the Mossilee to the San Siro". I notice its 15 quid on Amazon which means I'm quids in on my copy. 

Guest Landan Spiv

Supporters club up and running now. Like and Follow the "Citizens Supporters Club" page on Facebook for all info on fundraisers, away buses once the fixtures are out and all things regarding City. Anyone is allowed to make a positive contribution and all ideas and questions will be discussed between all of us. 

Hopefully we get three Saturday games this year, against Motherwell (Away) and QOS & Stranraer both home.

One Tuesday as our day off, and other midweek game clyde away to save us the bother travelling midweek. That would be decent

Edited by Tenkay

Apparently so but the new General Data Protection Regulations prevent me from saying who or how many. I am told City actually have <CENSORED> number of players signed and that our hopes for the season are <CENSORED>, <CENSORED>, <CENSORED> and <CENSORED> with a fish slice.

You'll just have to wait to the first pre-season friendly.