Edinburgh City

In Leith alone there's new student housing at the Bothwell Bridge, Abbeyhill & Leith Walk and that doesn't even scratch the surface in Edinburgh.  To move the goalposts like they have for more shoddy high profit housing is a disgrace.  If it was affordable homes you could at least see a semblance of reasoning from the council seeing as Edinburgh is desperately in need of housing for the local residents, but all they are bothered about is selling of the land.  I live close to Meadowbank and it'd be a real shame to see City forced to move.

11 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

In Leith alone there's new student housing at the Bothwell Bridge, Abbeyhill & Leith Walk and that doesn't even scratch the surface in Edinburgh.  To move the goalposts like they have for more shoddy high profit housing is a disgrace.  If it was affordable homes you could at least see a semblance of reasoning from the council seeing as Edinburgh is desperately in need of housing for the local residents, but all they are bothered about is selling of the land.  I live close to Meadowbank and it'd be a real shame to see City forced to move.

Surely City has some legal rights under 'landlord and tenant' legislation, if the redevelopment doesn't provide a ground to the standard required for SPFL membership, if that is at risk ?  Also, financial compensation must apply.

What are the terms of their existing lease/contract ?  

6 hours ago, Robert James said:

Surely City has some legal rights under 'landlord and tenant' legislation, if the redevelopment doesn't provide a ground to the standard required for SPFL membership, if that is at risk ?  Also, financial compensation must apply.

What are the terms of their existing lease/contract ?  

Two councillors seemed to think that a four row deep 500 seat stand overlooking an athletics track with one turnstile as set out in the current plans seemed to be enough to host SPFL football. Even K Park has two stands these days. 

You may wish to inform, in a polite and civilised manner of course, Ian Campbell (SNP, Craigentinny/Duddington ward.  ian.campbell3@edinburgh.gov.uk) and Iain Whyte (Conservative, Inverleith ward, iain.whyte@edinburgh.gov.uk) that you are not necessarily of this view. 

Incidentally this is what a mere million quid bought Perth Council- the George Duncan is a purely athletics stadium but the stand looks more impressive than the current plans for Meadowbank. 

5ad912a6ae14c_georgeduncanstadium.jpg.7a626f51909f4f1a7401b3c0ce65e21b.jpg

10 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Two councillors seemed to think that a four row deep 500 seat stand overlooking an athletics track with one turnstile as set out in the current plans seemed to be enough to host SPFL football. Even K Park has two stands these days. 

You may wish to inform, in a polite and civilised manner of course, Ian Campbell (SNP, Craigentinny/Duddington ward.  ian.campbell3@edinburgh.gov.uk) and Iain Whyte (Conservative, Inverleith ward, iain.whyte@edinburgh.gov.uk) that you are not necessarily of this view. 

Incidentally this is what a mere million quid bought Perth Council- the George Duncan is a purely athletics stadium but the stand looks more impressive than the current plans for Meadowbank. 

Shocking ! Will do. Legal challenge planned from City ?

http://www.tynecastlefc.co.uk/newsstory.php?nid=948

Tynecastle do deal with the Council to use Boroughmuir Rugby Club's Meggatland ground. 

This has nothing whatsoever to do with Edinburgh City of course......

Edited by tamthebam
forgot to put in name of ground due to extreme fuddishness

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

http://www.tynecastlefc.co.uk/newsstory.php?nid=948

Tynecastle do deal with the Council to use Boroughmuir Rugby Club's Meggatland ground. 

This has nothing whatsoever to do with Edinburgh City of course......

Would somewhere like Meggatland not have been any good for City Tam. Never been there but the stand looks impressive what if any terracing do the have?

Passed Meadowbank on the train to Berwick today nothing much seems to have happened with the place so far.

7 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Passed Meadowbank on the train to Berwick today nothing much seems to have happened with the place so far.

Been thinking that myself. As the demolition hasn't started yet couldn't City have played there this season?

1 minute ago, GordonD said:

Been thinking that myself. As the demolition hasn't started yet couldn't City have played there this season?

The site was shut in December wasn't it I seen a JCB parked next to the 3G so they must be doing something there but from the train the outside looks the same, even still have the goals at the 3G.

As you say by the looks of things City maybe could have had another season there the demolition seems a slow one.

Would somewhere like Meggatland not have been any good for City Tam. Never been there but the stand looks impressive what if any terracing do the have?

There's a decent terrace opposite the stand with some crush barriers. Also a raised terrace behind one of the goals but not sure how you access it.

I had thought the same about City using it as its a better ground then Spartans

5 minutes ago, calmac25 said:

There's a decent terrace opposite the stand with some crush barriers. Also a raised terrace behind one of the goals but not sure how you access it.

I had thought the same about City using it as its a better ground then Spartans

Cheers just seen the pics of the stand and have also seen it from the train. Will have to go to a Tynie game next season to see the ground.

How about some of these for behind the goals?

uploadfromtaptalk1524385602121.jpg

They were part of the initial plans for the SFA pitch at Oriam

Other users of Meadowbank were making the point at the meeting last Wednesday about why the place was closed in December when demolition work wasn't due to take place until the summer. 

Councillors also denied that the site had been sold already which was met with a deal of scepticism.. 

Very interested to read McDonaugh’s comments in the Evening News as he looks to next season:

“I’ve been honest with the players and said we can talk about games, but a couple of months ago in February I wondered if this group could maybe take us to the play-offs next season.”

“All they’ve kind of done since then is made me think I need to change things. It’s two fold – you need to congratulate the players for keeping the club in the league and that’s an achievement in itself.”

“However, if you want to do better and not just fight for ninth place next season, then I think we need to start again.”

Must say I couldn’t agree more. January and February were the best two months of the season by far but the rest of the year has shown we just don’t have the quality to be anything but fighting to avoid the play-off spot.

The team really needs major changes if next season is to be any better.

Of the non-loanee players, who would be good enough to keep their place in a squad looking for a higher league finish?...Laird, Walker...

Would be interested to hear what other City fans think.

What do other City fans think about Craig Beattie as player of the season ?

Personally, I think that's the wrong choice as he's missed a lot of games this season with injuries.

Yes he's been great at centre half when he's fit, and deserves to be on the four man shortlist, but at number 4 for me!

Any of the other three boys deserve it more with their contributions to the team, but the voting system allows otherwise.

Surely City must have some "tenancy" rights under Scottish law, which protects them IF the new ground doesn't meet the required SPFL standards ?  One for the lawyers.........

Doubt it - didn't they just hire part of the facilities on a recurring basis at certain times? Did they have an office base at Meadowbank or any tenants fittings?

what no Moses Olanrewaju, the most talented player ever to play for City 
Spoiler according to Moses Olanrewaju anyway... 

In his head aye.

Moses is honestly the biggest loser I've had the displeasure of ever meeting.