Edinburgh City

I know two of the Angus clubs were sniffing around last season and when I asked him in the stand at the Stirling game if he was gonna stay on next season he just smiled and shrugged his shoulders. I thought he was staying though. 

Not gonna begrudge him wanting to play in the division above. He's certainly a handful and useful at this level. Good luck to him 

I know two of the Angus clubs were sniffing around last season and when I asked him in the stand at the Stirling game if he was gonna stay on next season he just smiled and shrugged his shoulders. I thought he was staying though. 
Not gonna begrudge him wanting to play in the division above. He's certainly a handful and useful at this level. Good luck to him 

It might be a bit simplistic but I'm guessing that the recent photos of the training session that were posted on the Club's Twitter and Facebook accounts would show us the players that are still at the club?

See wasn't in any of those photos. Surely he can't still be injured?

On 24/06/2017 at 10:34, AllyMonc said:

I wasn't for a minute asking the club to come on here and announce anything. I first tried to contact the club about this on the 14th and have made multiple attempts since then. If I'm honest I don't expect a response, especially as it's not announced yet, but I wanted to make absolutely 100% sure the club was aware of my position.

Looks like they aren't listening to you, I enjoyed watching City last season and intended to be back this season with the Grandkids for more of the same, that won't be happening anymore, not while a known child groomer is playing for City. 

Have the people running City really thought this through properly, what a huge mistake it will be for the club.

Looks like they aren't listening to you, I enjoyed watching City last season and intended to be back this season with the Grandkids for more of the same, that won't be happening anymore, not while a known child groomer is playing for City. 
Have the people running City really thought this through properly, what a huge mistake it will be for the club.

Aye same here mate, had a brilliant time last season and was right up for this one as well, until I heard the Thomson rumour.

Had a wee think and reckon that accounting for my season ticket, cup games, friendlies, merchandise, pies(!!) and the amount of folk I dragged along with me last season the club will miss out on well over £1000. If there's a dozen or so others of the same mind, and reaction on here indicates that's certainly possible, then that starts to add up for a club of City's size and means. But like you say it's pretty clear the club aren't listening.

On 23/06/2017 at 16:48, calmac25 said:

I've been to games involving Arniston, Nitten and Kelty with my kids there knowing full well that Craig Thomson will be playing.

He was deemed at the time to not need any specific requirements to keep him away from children.

The biggest risk to my children at games he plays in is middle aged moron's in the crowd thinking it's acceptable to call someone a paedo c**t in front of children

This story would suggest he is still on the sex offenders register and still a threat. 

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/disgraced-ex-hearts-player-craig-7172479

This story would suggest he is still on the sex offenders register and still a threat. 
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/disgraced-ex-hearts-player-craig-7172479

That's a pretty damning article. It still doesn't sit well with me when Kelty took him on. I appreciate he's an excellent player and the past is the past, but his actions are completely unforgivable.

The then yam manager said this about paedo boy.

Manager Jim Jefferies left Thomson behind when the first-team squad flew to a pre-season camp in Italy at the weekend

The 60 year-old, in his second spell in charge at Tynecastle, is renowned as a players' manager and has a reputation for creating a good atmosphere in his dressing rooms.

He has been repulsed by Thomson’s behaviour, however, and can’t imagine how the player’s inclusion in any Hearts starting XI would have anything other than a negative impact on the team.

“I knew what the reaction would be and he can’t have any complaints because it was a bad, bad thing he did: one of the worst things it’s possible to do,” said Jefferies.

“He has made a grave error. It’s the ultimate taboo. It makes your heart sink. You don’t want your club to be associated with not just this but anything like it.

“You accept as a manager you’ll have to deal with problems along the road but I have to be honest and say I’ve never felt like this.

“We can’t allow it to become a bit of a sideshow which gets out of hand. I think he would be going into something he has never been prepared for. He might find it will be tough for him from now on.”

Lets hope City's Sporting Director (Jim Jefferies) still has the same thoughts about him.

2 hours ago, Lordy said:

Apparently the club are discussing it between themselves and we should hopefully hear something by Tommorow. 

Sorry to be apparent but that's all I've been told

21 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Article is from January 2016 so out of date?

How long is he on the sex offenders register for, 5 - 10 years or life. 2016 would suggest longer than 5 years from his conviction of grooming young girls, minors, the guys a f***ing beast and should be nowhere near signing for City.

2 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

You can't say that until it's a stonewaller that the lad has signed. At the moment it's nothing more than fan speculation.

It's not speculation at all. If the board give it the green light and not listen  to the fans and the people that have been loyal to city for years then the lad is signing on the dotted line 

1 minute ago, Lordy said:

How long is he on the sex offenders register for, 5 - 10 years or life. 2016 would suggest longer than 5 years from his conviction of grooming young girls, minors, the guys a f***ing beast and should be nowhere near signing for City.

Googled it and a report after his court case in June 2011 said he got fined £4k and put on the register for 5 years.

3 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

You can't say that until it's a stonewaller that the lad has signed. At the moment it's nothing more than fan speculation.

He is training with City with the view to signing with them. Why have City kept it quiet that he has been training with the club.

6 minutes ago, ecfcnorthfield said:

Apparently the club are discussing it between themselves and we should hopefully hear something by Tommorow. 

Sorry to be apparent but that's all I've been told

Paraded as a City player.  Deary me.    

8 minutes ago, Lordy said:

Paraded as a City player.  Deary me.    

Well the whole thing might be getting binned off mate fingers crossed. A lot of folk are ready to walk so let's hope they sack it off 

I actually feel for Gary Jardine in all this. Bloke is in a catch 22 situation

9 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Googled it and a report after his court case in June 2011 said he got fined £4k and put on the register for 5 years.

And he breached his conditions only a couple of years ago that seen him appear in court in 2016 for the offence, can't find out what the punishment was for him breaching his conditions though, possibility he had his 5 year extended or maybe just fined, 

Not the type of person you would want around a family club like City though, or any club for that matter, he groomed kids FFS, 

6 minutes ago, ecfcnorthfield said:

Well the whole thing might be getting binned off mate fingers crossed. A lot of folk are ready to walk so let's hope they sack it off 

I actually feel for Gary Jardine in all this. Bloke is in a catch 22 situation

Here's hoping bud, maybe City have realised what kind of bad publicity would come with a signing of a player who groomed young girls and the affect it could have on the club and fans.

1 hour ago, Lordy said:

The then yam manager said this about paedo boy.

Manager Jim Jefferies left Thomson behind when the first-team squad flew to a pre-season camp in Italy at the weekend

The 60 year-old, in his second spell in charge at Tynecastle, is renowned as a players' manager and has a reputation for creating a good atmosphere in his dressing rooms.

He has been repulsed by Thomson’s behaviour, however, and can’t imagine how the player’s inclusion in any Hearts starting XI would have anything other than a negative impact on the team.

“I knew what the reaction would be and he can’t have any complaints because it was a bad, bad thing he did: one of the worst things it’s possible to do,” said Jefferies.

“He has made a grave error. It’s the ultimate taboo. It makes your heart sink. You don’t want your club to be associated with not just this but anything like it.

“You accept as a manager you’ll have to deal with problems along the road but I have to be honest and say I’ve never felt like this.

“We can’t allow it to become a bit of a sideshow which gets out of hand. I think he would be going into something he has never been prepared for. He might find it will be tough for him from now on.”

Lets hope City's Sporting Director (Jim Jefferies) still has the same thoughts about him.

I thought the term "yam" was only from hibs.net..... Nae prizes for guessing where your allegiances are :lol: