Edinburgh City

Seems odd decision for City to sign a convicted sex offender when they are trying to build a support base. I have been an irregular attendee (about 10 games a season) since moving down to Edinburgh in 2004 but I will not be back to a City game if he signs for them. 

15 minutes ago, Jute said:

Seems odd decision for City to sign a convicted sex offender when they are trying to build a support base. I have been an irregular attendee (about 10 games a season) since moving down to Edinburgh in 2004 but I will not be back to a City game if he signs for them. 

As an outsider I would have to say that its not the best PR move. 

This was a big part of the point I made to the club since this rumour has broken. I respect your choice and hoped that this would be enough to reverse the decision

As an outsider I would have to say that its not the best PR move. 

Aye, I've always respected you mate and I appreciate the (indirect) support you've shown City but I think you're being kind there.

3 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

Aye, I've always respected you mate and I appreciate the (indirect) support you've shown City but I think you're being kind there.

Aye always went to a few midweek City games when they were in the EOS and LL and dare I say it Spartans:lol: and that's how I ended up knowing Jute. As he says you've built up your support since you came up and could establish yourselves as the 3rd side in the City picking up Hibs and Hearts fans when their away from home. It would be a shame if all the hard work to get into the SPFL and establish yourselves was all undone.

Sorry to hear your given up on them but I can understand your thinking.

9 hours ago, upfront said:

Good luck to Craig Thomson at City
Everyone deserves a 2nd chance in life and i hope the City fans get behind the club and Craig himself.
He could just propel you guys into the playoffs.

His contract is up on June 30th at kelty so I guess the next day he'll be signing I take it? 

He has been training with City hasn't he? 

Good luck to Craig Thomson at City
Everyone deserves a 2nd chance in life and i hope the City fans get behind the club and Craig himself.
He could just propel you guys into the playoffs.

Was that meant to be an official club statement?

I think it was mate. Seeing as he is one of the first team coaches at the club he'll know what's going on 

Well considering no one from the club will respond to my emails/messages etc then I guess I should be grateful for him coming on here pretending to be a fan.......

I don't think I've even seen any official statement issued on Pie and Bovril before from a club. I've seen links to the club's website after an announcement has been made though their own channels. If you have sent the club messages they should respond within a timely manner.

I don't think I've even seen any official statement issued on Pie and Bovril before from a club. I've seen links to the club's website after an announcement has been made though their own channels. If you have sent the club messages they should respond within a timely manner.

I wasn't for a minute asking the club to come on here and announce anything. I first tried to contact the club about this on the 14th and have made multiple attempts since then. If I'm honest I don't expect a response, especially as it's not announced yet, but I wanted to make absolutely 100% sure the club was aware of my position.

No one made a mistake in their life....??!.

I said it a few years back when he got back into football in the Juniors; But back then, and still now, there are a minority who play the "He should be given a second chance! He made a mistake! He was only 18! He was just a daft young laddie!" card...

Well I'm sorry, but that's a lot of pish. I'm pretty sure that when everyone on here was 18 and daft, they still knew not to be being fiends and grooming children.

Hasn't played right back for years. He's generally played wide right in a midfield four or wide right of a front three.

He's played right back lots of times over the last two or three years with both Nitten and Kelty. But yes, generally a midfielder.