Edinburgh City

Any plans to get concrete on any of the grass banks?

I'm sure Ian king when he was at BSC said after they'd played at AP that Spartans were concreting the other 2 sides with their money from the 5th round cup run.

They also had plans approved by the council for a full length covered terrace on the west side but probably not the demand there to justify it. This was at the time they extended the pavilion (2014)

Porteous isn't exactly some new foreign name- rioters hanged one unlucky Captain Porteous in the Grassmarket in 1736....
I pronounce it Port-ee-oss myself. 
He's a good lad and not afraid to put a tackle in. Solid and cultured I suppose you'd say. 

WIWAL there was a woman of that name living a couple of doors away. My mum always pronounced her name "Pour-chuss".

My Dad pronounces it like the first post, my Mum takes the Mum line and pronounces it the second way.

Damn Edinburgh people and their foreign names.

24 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Disappointing if true. SPFL rules were pared back to say all that was needed was Entry licence + Bronze lights. Ainslie Park is actually Bronze licensed. Who's requiring concrete and why?

Scottish Football fans..... to make Doncaster a new set of boots.... 

593f0db5d8105_concretboots.jpg.d7695e93b0d0d439fad4df02a46fd8be.jpg

On 2017-6-11 at 11:13, scrooge1928 said:

Stand side and the paved area behind the pavilion end goal. Apparently grass slopes can't be used for SPFL matches, but we're waiting for confirmation of this. All parts of the ground are ok for the Scottish Cup.

That's a large percentage of the LL Donald ducked then. 

A lot of lost capacity there :angry:

There's a second tier Danish team who play in a stadium where one side is grass bank leading down to concrete steps. Families love it, plenty of weans in pushchairs and folks laying down rugs for a picnic. It attracts a demographic you'd never get with concrete terracing. Don't see why thas can't happen in Scotland.

Surely not true-behind one of the goals at Stranraer is just grass isn't it?and can think of a few other grounds where you can stand on grass (Montrose, Elgin)

The area behind the goal at Stair Park is concrete terracing with the grass behind it. Only the concrete terrace counts towards stadium capacity etc.

That's presumably the case at the other league grounds.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

The area behind the goal at Stair Park is concrete terracing with the grass behind it. Only the concrete terrace counts towards stadium capacity etc.

That's presumably the case at the other league grounds.

Its the same at Elgin and Montrose concrete steps in font of the grass. 

2 hours ago, NE63 exile said:

Berwick is the same

Is'nt the far end banking fenced off?

23 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Disappointing if true. SPFL rules were pared back to say all that was needed was Entry licence + Bronze lights. Ainslie Park is actually Bronze licensed. Who's requiring concrete and why?

It will be the Edinburgh Council who issue the safety certificate so them I would presume. They were maybe more relaxed when it was just Spartans playing in the Lowland League different ball game now its an SPFL stadium. I was sitting in the stand at the final there a few Sunday's back and noticed there was a barrier up to stop you going onto the grass backing at the far end of the stand.

3 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Similar for cowdenbeath as well? Safety certificate given for concreted areas, but if a few fans wonder onto grass areas you aren't exactly expected to drag them down the verge and kick them out?

Aye I would say so capacity will be for the concreted areas.

So we're thinking council say City can't host Team X using grass banks with an SPFL sign over the door - but Spartans can host Team X using grass banks the next week in Scottish Cup, or next season in LL?

Edited by HibeeJibee

12 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

So we're thinking council say City can't host Team X using grass banks with an SPFL sign over the door - but Spartans can host Team X using grass banks the next week in Scottish Cup, or next season in LL?

yes. Same as a successful Midlothian Junior team can have a 2000 crowd at their ground for a Scottish Cup tie with no sign of stewards or polis.

News so far since the end of the season...

We have 6 players confirmed for next season...a goalkeeper (Antell), defender (McKee), three midfielders (Walker, Dunn and Laird) and a forward (Beattie).

We've lost Joe Mbu to retirement.

New Chairman.

We know who we've got in the League Cup group.

We also have a new team sponsor (announced today).

Have I missed something out?

Looking forward to a lot more news in the coming days.