Edinburgh City

2 hours ago, GordonD said:

Why, is the club sign something special? Flashing lights and that kind of thing?

592750ed39f6d_flashingknobs.jpg.492cbbd6b43f7441ec3991f8dd52307e.jpg

two elder City fans are thrilled by the fully integrated satellite linked laser display sign as scrooge1928 finds a shilling for the meter... 

Fair enough
Hope we bring in some decent players.
Im sure some will be leaving also
Who would you like to see the club sign?

I think it really depends on who leaves and what gap City need to fill, Defence wise started a bit shaky but got wiser and stronger, Both goalkeepers are fine, central defence with Mbu and McKee are fine, midfield with Walker and Laird in the central fine, missing Gair on left hand side so he definitely needs to be replaced, upfront a bit shy with options at times so for me a left midfielder and a out and out striker are the priority IMO

21 hours ago, upfront said:

Fair enough
Hope we bring in some decent players.
Im sure some will be leaving also
Who would you like to see the club sign?

I'd like /want us to sign Kris Renton from Cowdenbeath. 

Think we need a solid centre back if big Joe is out for a while after surgery. A right back is a must but not a clue who. 

Dylan Bikey is now a free agent.........get him signed Gary!!!!!!!!

27 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Paul shields ex forfar striker on his way to you. Would assume either beattie or likely DR away

Why would we get rid of Beattie for another player in his mid 30s who was playing junior football and last season and the last few years. 

I hope we don't take this gamble because hes been around for ages and not scored many or made many appearances at all 

Jim Brown appointed Chairman.

This is how Stalin started you know...  :lol: Ach, Jim will do a good job I'm sure. 

As for player rumours... I have the answers in a sealed envelope in my drawer... 

Jim Brown appointed Chairman.

This is how Stalin started you know...  :lol: Ach, Jim will do a good job I'm sure. 
As for player rumours... I have the answers in a sealed envelope in my drawer... 

Jim was my coach at city u14's & 15's. Great guy, delighted for him.

Why would we get rid of Beattie for another player in his mid 30s who was playing junior football and last season and the last few years. 

I hope we don't take this gamble because hes been around for ages and not scored many or made many appearances at all 

Beats has signed for another season [emoji4]. He will also become a player - coach.

See Beattie has signed a 1 year extension.
How many other City players were 'out of contract' at the end of the season?

All of them apart from Marc Laird and Josh Walker. Signing talks are on going for some of the others.

8 hours ago, scrooge1928 said:

All of them apart from Marc Laird and Josh Walker. Signing talks are on going for some of the others.

Really hope we can build on last season.  Think we have the nucleus of a decent squad and with a few new additions we can be looking forward to next season.

Here is my opinion, for what it's worth!...

Goalkeepers - thought Antell was seriously lacking in confidence in the first few games of the season but I'm impressed by the way he played when he came back in at the latter part of the season.  Stobie had some great performances and was unlucky to be dropped.  Think both could still do a job for City in 17/18.

Defence - Supporters POTS Mbu is, according to reports, due surgery on his knee during the summer months.  Not sure how long this will put him out of action but hope he comes back in time for the new season.  McKee was solid as well and, together with Porteous, there was a good '3 at the back' set up.  I imagine that getting Porteous back for another season is too much to hope for!?!?  Dunsmore is now out of contract from Hibs (from what I read) so could be an option at right-back.  Needs to work on his final ball when he gets into good attacking/crossing positions.  Captain Fantastic (Gair) has retired so there is left-back to fill.  Donaldson did OK when he came in but I don't think he's ready to be a first choice each week.  Could see Harrison and Caddow being good squad players for 17/18.

Midfield - having Laird and Walker already guaranteed is a really solid start.  They link up really well.  Thought that Dunn had a good season when he got his chance.  Cummings didn't quite perform as hoped.  He runs around plenty and looks like he could be 'a player' but his quality of passing was inconsistent.  McFarland had a good start to the season but faded in the new year. McConnell can run and run and run but needs to work on his first touch which often let him down.

Forwards - See had some mystery injury which kept him out of months which is disappointing as he was in good form at the time.  Hope he comes back stronger and better in 17/18.  Beattie made a big impact in the last 6 or so games.  He's back again in 17/18 so just hope he's using the summer months to get himself in good shape.  He's got a lot to offer.  Guthrie is a decent player, could do with 'pumping iron' in the close season to bulk up a little more.  Really liked Lewis Allan from Hibs on loan.  Would happily see him back at City for the new season.  Strong and fast and an eye for goal.  Riordan pitched in with some important goals and, like Beattie, could still do a job next season.  Makofo...didn't get much of a chance and didn't do much when he did get on the park.

Really hope we can build on last season.  Think we have the nucleus of a decent squad and with a few new additions we can be looking forward to next season.
Here is my opinion, for what it's worth!...
Goalkeepers - thought Antell was seriously lacking in confidence in the first few games of the season but I'm impressed by the way he played when he came back in at the latter part of the season.  Stobie had some great performances and was unlucky to be dropped.  Think both could still do a job for City in 17/18.
Defence - Supporters POTS Mbu is, according to reports, due surgery on his knee during the summer months.  Not sure how long this will put him out of action but hope he comes back in time for the new season.  McKee was solid as well and, together with Porteous, there was a good '3 at the back' set up.  I imagine that getting Porteous back for another season is too much to hope for!?!?  Dunsmore is now out of contract from Hibs (from what I read) so could be an option at right-back.  Needs to work on his final ball when he gets into good attacking/crossing positions.  Captain Fantastic (Gair) has retired so there is left-back to fill.  Donaldson did OK when he came in but I don't think he's ready to be a first choice each week.  Could see Harrison and Caddow being good squad players for 17/18.
Midfield - having Laird and Walker already guaranteed is a really solid start.  They link up really well.  Thought that Dunn had a good season when he got his chance.  Cummings didn't quite perform as hoped.  He runs around plenty and looks like he could be 'a player' but his quality of passing was inconsistent.  McFarland had a good start to the season but faded in the new year. McConnell can run and run and run but needs to work on his first touch which often let him down.
Forwards - See had some mystery injury which kept him out of months which is disappointing as he was in good form at the time.  Hope he comes back stronger and better in 17/18.  Beattie made a big impact in the last 6 or so games.  He's back again in 17/18 so just hope he's using the summer months to get himself in good shape.  He's got a lot to offer.  Guthrie is a decent player, could do with 'pumping iron' in the close season to bulk up a little more.  Really liked Lewis Allan from Hibs on loan.  Would happily see him back at City for the new season.  Strong and fast and an eye for goal.  Riordan pitched in with some important goals and, like Beattie, could still do a job next season.  Makofo...didn't get much of a chance and didn't do much when he did get on the park.

Zzzxx fell asleep there