Edinburgh City

15 hours ago, scrooge1928 said:

Not only been watching football at Meadowbank for more than 42 years - I was at the opening ceremony for the 1970 games, and at the inter-scholastics at Meadowbank some months before that.
f**k, I'm old. emoji17.png

I'm not saying you're old Scrooge but your birth certificate is painted on the walls of the Lascaux Caves... :P:cheers

8 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I'm not saying you're old Scrooge but your birth certificate is painted on the walls of the Lascaux Caves... :P:cheers

Be fair, his year of birth is included in his name...

On 2017-5-6 at 09:39, scrooge1928 said:

Not only been watching football at Meadowbank for more than 42 years - I was at the opening ceremony for the 1970 games, and at the inter-scholastics at Meadowbank some months before that.
f**k, I'm old. emoji17.png

I'm old too - least we'Re still here

Looking at a debate on the EK/Cowdenbeath thread about the LL quality got me thinking.

What was the player turnaround for yourselves coming from the LL to league two?

Were most of your players this season from your previous LL squad or were they new signings?

What do Edinburgh City fans thing about the relative quality of the leagues?

Congratulations on being safe this year. You certainly made me eat my words.

2 hours ago, haufdaft said:

Looking at a debate on the EK/Cowdenbeath thread about the LL quality got me thinking.

What was the player turnaround for yourselves coming from the LL to league two?

Were most of your players this season from your previous LL squad or were they new signings?

What do Edinburgh City fans thing about the relative quality of the leagues?

Congratulations on being safe this year. You certainly made me eat my words.

In terms of player turnaround we have supplemented the LL squad adding a bit of experience and quality throughout the season. That said for the last game of the season 10 of the squad played in the LL for us. 

There is no doubt a step up. The pace of the game, the players are more streetwise and you have to be on it week in week out. There are some well organised sides in the LL League although you'd be very disappointed if you lost to a team in the bottom half as the quality drops off quite quickly. 

Could EK come up and do well absolutely, it might be easier for them as they have lots of ex SPFL players something we had very few of. If Cowden go down will they stroll the LL, no, but I expect them to be up there that's for sure.

BTW I hope Cowden stay up not a big fan of EK, although to be fair what I should say is I'm not keen on the EK managers, the last two have been respectively a sore loser & a complete fud. I sort of hope both were windup merchants and don't actually believe the rubbish they come out with, but sadly I don't think that's the case. 

In terms of player turnaround we have supplemented the LL squad adding a bit of experience and quality throughout the season. That said for the last game of the season 10 of the squad played in the LL for us. 
There is no doubt a step up. The pace of the game, the players are more streetwise and you have to be on it week in week out. There are some well organised sides in the LL League although you'd be very disappointed if you lost to a team in the bottom half as the quality drops off quite quickly. 
Could EK come up and do well absolutely, it might be easier for them as they have lots of ex SPFL players something we had very few of. If Cowden go down will they stroll the LL, no, but I expect them to be up there that's for sure.
BTW I hope Cowden stay up not a big fan of EK, although to be fair what I should say is I'm not keen on the EK managers, the last two have been respectively a sore loser & a complete fud. I sort of hope both were windup merchants and don't actually believe the rubbish they come out with, but sadly I don't think that's the case. 

Thanks for that.

I thought your team started the season with very negative tactics but I suppose that's understandable.
You looked much better in the last game against us.

Next season will probably be more of a guide to your future in the national leagues.

Incidently, I'm glad you're no longer playing out of Meadowbank stadium next season. I think your players will benefit from the added atmosphere from a smaller ground. Better for the fans too.

In our first game away to Arbroath ( which we won ) there was only Mark Laird and Dean Cummings in the squad the rest were players from our successful LL team. Although Mark played at a higher level a in England Dean came from a league ( East of Scotland ) 2 divisions below the SPFL. Gary kept the majority of the LL squad for the SPFL campaign.

In our first game away to Arbroath ( which we won ) there was only Mark Laird and Dean Cummings in the squad the rest were players from our successful LL team. Although Mark played at a higher level a in England Dean came from a league ( East of Scotland ) 2 divisions below the SPFL. Gary kept the majority of the LL squad for the SPFL campaign.

If Edinburgh City played Arbroath every weekend they'd have won the league. You were by far and away our bogey team. I posted up the points other teams had taken off us in another thread I think, and most clubs were on 1-3, you lads took 7.

Glad to see the back of you.

For those interested:

Ryan Porteous won Players' Player of the Year

Big Joe won Supporters' Player of the Year 

Tightest Git of the Year was won by me for the 10th year running. No trophy was presented as I've lost the pawn ticket to redeem it... 

I'm sure everyone involved are taking some well deserved time off and as soon as they are in a position to confirm signings/strip's/season tickets etc then I'm sure it will be published on social media asap. I personally can't see anything changing regarding prices for season tickets compared to last season.