Edinburgh City

I have a slightly different view of things from the fans in the stand and Deeks worked his socks off - at one point there was a flash of the old Riordan genius. He'll never be the player he was when he was 22 but he did bloody well today.  

I'd actually like to thank the mighty Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale Football Club for beating us on Wednesday which may have led to the players being fired up today. NIce to see the congrats from fans of other clubs- cheers guys. 

And for all those who still don't like us

58fbe2cd2c1fd_getitrightupye.jpg.94b67a4325a4421d3b530ad71db608ce.jpg

Edited by tamthebam

3 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Interestingly today not only saw City stay up but looks like Edusport automatically promoted to LL and news of Kelty applying to move over from Juniors: seems the pyramid is getting going.

Where are Kelty going to slot in?

Look forward to the time on bottom team automatically relegated 

Congratulations City. When I seen you in October I didn't see a lot to be optimistic about but I'm delighted to see you kicking about in League Two for another season at least. A cheeky cup draw away to a Premiership team could help fund future play off spot?

Great news for the pyramid system.Well done EC. Personally shit for us tho.

Fantastic to see every game in our league meant something today , probably even more so next week :- 2nd last game tremendous.

Hi the Hoppy is no a bad wee bar - just up the hill frae Meadowbank.

Would never have thought safety was possible after those first few months but what a turnaround. Everyone at the club deserves a huge amount of credit, Gary Jardine manager of the year by a distance. Performance yesterday was excellent and that was by some distance Beattie's best game for us (the bollocking I gave him after the Cowden game clearly worked......). Now let's get see what Jim Jeffries can do in terms of summer recruitment

44 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

Would never have thought safety was possible after those first few months but what a turnaround. Everyone at the club deserves a huge amount of credit, Gary Jardine manager of the year by a distance. Performance yesterday was excellent and that was by some distance Beattie's best game for us (the bollocking I gave him after the Cowden game clearly worked......). Now let's get see what Jim Jeffries can do in terms of summer recruitment

Despite your bad start you have done well to stay up. Having watched City more than a few times over the last few years in the LL one thing I noticed was the great fight you had in your side, you wern't getting hammered by anyone during your poor spell with the biggest defeats being 2-0 against Elgin and Cowden.

Jardine probably rightly stayed loyal to the squad which done him well in the 1st few months and a few were obviously not up to scratch for the next level as was always going to be the case I suppose.

For me your turning point was signing Marc Laird you started to get results when he came into the team and Josh Walker has also been a good signing both were perhaps the experience that you needed in the side, guys who have played at a higher level. I wasn't too sure about Beattie's signing but he has chipped in a few goals recently.

As for next season now that you have proved yourselves in this league it maybe easier to attract players than in was last close season.

Hats off to all the Berwick, Clyde and Cowdenbeath supporters who have come on here to congratulate City on reaching safety while their own teams are still at risk of the playoff spot. Shows that at this level of football fans of different clubs can still get along with each other - rivals but not enemies, unlike the arsecheeks.:cheers

1 minute ago, GordonD said:

Hats off to all the Berwick, Clyde and Cowdenbeath supporters who have come on here to congratulate City on reaching safety while their own teams are still at risk of the playoff spot. Shows that at this level of football fans of different clubs can still get along with each other - rivals but not enemies, unlike the arsecheeks.:cheers

City on the whole seem a decent bunch and their supporters I have met in "real life" seem sound.

Congratulations City. It was looking fairly bleak at the beginning but I'm pleased to see the first 'properly' promoted club stay up and show the pyramid works.

Also, our win over you guys in the Cup started a cracking wee run of form that hauled us off the bottom of the league and into play-off contention, so thanks for that.

What are the fans thoughts on the next couple of years. Confident City can push on and challenge for promotion in the next year or two?

2 hours ago, GordonD said:

Only down side is that Berwick are a stick on to beat Edinburgh on final game of season and probably confine us to the playoffs.

director of hoofball Jim Jeffries has years of history with Berwick and still lives near the town. Only consolation for me will be a sizeable bet at what should be decent odds.

49 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Congratulations City. It was looking fairly bleak at the beginning but I'm pleased to see the first 'properly' promoted club stay up and show the pyramid works.

Also, our win over you guys in the Cup started a cracking wee run of form that hauled us off the bottom of the league and into play-off contention, so thanks for that.

What are the fans thoughts on the next couple of years. Confident City can push on and challenge for promotion in the next year or two?

And East Fife was voted by the small Blobby Army to have the best pies and hospitality package overall in all League and Cup competitions. Cheers for the great welcome at Bayview Stadium.

Go Tell The Spartans FC Page 4 and 9 Year One Issue Nineteen .png

Edited by Mr Blobby
* Some clubs didn't offer all three pie options while others had their own distinct offerings like Forfar and Arbroath. I would have liked to try a 'Haggis, Neeps & Tatties' pie but nobody had it available in League 2.

I’m a new Edinburgh City supporter this season, been to all but one of the home games as well as quite a few away matches.  Hugely enjoyed the season and came away buzzing yesterday after the 3 points and guaranteeing safety in the league.  Can only imagine what this means to those City fans who have been following the team for years.  I’ve been hugely impressed by the way the club has gone about things this season, both on and off the park.  Looking forward to the last 2 games of the season now that the pressure is off.

4 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

Only down side is that Berwick are a stick on to beat Edinburgh on final game of season and probably confine us to the playoffs.

director of hoofball Jim Jeffries has years of history with Berwick and still lives near the town. Only consolation for me will be a sizeable bet at what should be decent odds.

FWIW - unless he's moved he lives about Lauder, IIRC, which must be approaching 60mins drive from Berwick :lol:.

I suppose in central belt eyes it's all the eastern borderland, tbf...

7 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

Only down side is that Berwick are a stick on to beat Edinburgh on final game of season and probably confine us to the playoffs...

Berwick are arguably basically an Edinburgh team that play their home games in Northumbria. As such not having them around in the SPFL probably makes it marginally easier for Edinburgh City to put a stronger squad together, so I doubt that they'll be doing Berwick Rangers any favours.