Edinburgh City

1 hour ago, David W said:

I must admit I find myself popping in here every week for a peek at the fanzine. 

You won't want to miss the Review of David Baxter's Thistle magazine then. Only available in the City Fanzine, Issue Eight. Pages 2 & 11.  Out now!

Go Tell The Spartans FC Page 2 and 11 Year One Issue Eight.png

Forgive my ignorance & apologies if has come up before but why does big Joe wear the number 21 shirt?

All the shirts are in the same size so that anyone can wear any number. Joe's shoulders are so broad that we had to get an XL shirt for him, and number 21 makes it easy to identify when the kit is being laid out.

34 minutes ago, scrooge1928 said:

All the shirts are in the same size so that anyone can wear any number. Joe's shoulders are so broad that we had to get an XL shirt for him, and number 21 makes it easy to identify when the kit is being laid out.

Wouldn't it make more sense for him to be no, 40?

Final pages of this week's City Fanzine Pages 8 & 5. Edinburgh City v Forfar Athletic at Meadowbank. Scottish Cup Round Two. Saturday 22nd October. 

Good luck to the team!

Go Tell The Spartans FC Page 8 and 5 Year One Issue  Eight Resized.jpg

Edited by Mr Blobby
Typo. Changed 'dept' with 'debt'. Kudos to GordonD and a prize of a Mr Blobby pin badge.

On 21/10/2016 at 22:49, GordonD said:

Typo here - should presumably be "debt".

Fanzine.JPG

Good spot Gordon. I thought 'dept' didn't look right. Changed already with 'debt'. And you win our 'Spot the Balls Up' Competition. To collect your prize of a free Mr Blobby pin badge, just drop by to any Edinburgh City game at Meadowbank and either myself or the co-editor Jackie will be happy to oblige.

Edited by Mr Blobby

15 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Final pages of this week's City Fanzine Pages 8 & 5. Edinburgh City v Forfar Athletic at Meadowbank. Scottish Cup Round Two. Saturday 22nd October. 

Good luck to the team!

Go Tell The Spartans FC Page 8 and 5 Year One Issue  Eight Resized.jpg

Sounds like Hunter's biography is one of the less entertaining works of fiction to be published in recent years, given that most of what he recalls is at best a twisted version of the truth and at worst only actually occured in his head. Also, he didn't only gain sympathy from the media "in the end". With a couple of minor exceptions, the media (mainly the Edinburgh Evening News) was completely supine from start to finish, resorting to printing Hunter's wild allegations whenever he felt the need to have a go at supporters in the press.

Thought the second half today was the best we've played this season. Everyone was brave on the ball and on another day at least one of Beattie's efforts goes in. If we can repeat that on a regular basis we won't have to lose sleep at the thought of East Kilbride in the playoff.

Meanwhile back at Meadowbank, Frank Irons finds the Citizen article on Forfar's mascot 'Baxter the Bridie and the silly moo 'George the Belted Galloway' very fascinating indeed.

More mooows on that to come, we are told. Hmm, Curiouser and Curiouser!

(If City are looking for someone to be George the Belted Galloway, my wife and I are available on Saturdays as long as Mr Blobby can ride sidesaddle.)

Edited by Mr Blobby