Edinburgh City

2 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Ta for that! Have to say I don't remember the game he's talking about - six goals in the second half? Must have missed that game as I'm sure that would stick in my memory!

I can mind it Raith beat Stenny 9-2 the week before. Wasn't at either just remember the scores in successive weeks and the swing in fortunes for Rovers. Sure it was Thistle's record win.

7 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

I can mind it Raith beat Stenny 9-2 the week before. Wasn't at either just remember the scores in successive weeks and the swing in fortunes for Rovers. Sure it was Thistle's record win.

There you go.

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/results/1985-11-02/raith-rovers-v-stenhousemuir

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/results/1985-11-09/livingston-v-raith-rovers

4 hours ago, Zen Archer said:

Love (not) how Statto.com have completely obliterated Meadowbank Thistle from history and replaced them with the Livingston name in those 1985 records. There must be a descendant of Bill Hunter on their books.

Here's the first completed pages of the City Fanzine (Issue 5) for Saturday's game v the Arbroath Smokies. Still working on the final pages. I haven't got all the facts in yet for the editorial "Hooray for Holyrood". Pages downgraded in size for Pie & Bovril as the upload limit is 2 megabytes. Back and Front Cover.

Go Tell The Spartans Back Page and Front Cover Year One Issue Five Resized for Pie and Bovril.jpg

Edited by Mr Blobby
Scottish Cup Draw headline added

4 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Love (not) how Statto.com have completely obliterated Meadowbank Thistle from history and replaced them with the Livingston name in those 1985 records. There must be a descendant of Bill Hunter on their books.

It would explain why I don't remember it!

On 26/09/2016 at 08:50, GordonD said:

It would explain why I don't remember it!

Douglas Lindsay recalls the Meadowbank Thistle 6-0 Raith Rovers match in another blog 4 years later on after the original one he wrote about the Meadowbank Reunion. You can never write too much about it or repeat it often enough. 

http://www.douglaslindsay.com/blog.asp?blogid=5627

Douglas Lindsay recalls the Meadowbank Thistle 6-0 Raith Rovers match in another blog 4 years later on after the original one he wrote about the Meadowbank Reunion. You can never write too much about it or repeat it often enough. 

http://www.douglaslindsay.com/blog.asp?blogid=5627

Good article. I do remember Raith missing some chances in the second half, while Thistle could do no wrong - don't think I would agree with 10-10, but 4-2 Thistle would have been fair enough.
Meadowbank never beat Stenny 6-0 - the best score was 6-1.

41 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

no mention of "Son of Blobby" in the fanzine though! The wee lad will be upset! :lol:

son of blobby.jpg

That's a cracker. Son of Blobby looks hands free. Nice balancing act on the bar. Maybe next time. In Issue Six.

Go Tell The Spartans FC Page 9 Year One Issue Six.jpg

Edited by Mr Blobby

On 27/09/2016 at 23:01, Aidan said:

Loving the (Aidanisabawbag) part emoji23.png.

You can collect your free Son of Blobby when we come up on Guy Fawkes day v Montrose. Well done again for winning the Spot the Balls Up Competition. PS. You are a bit of a baw bag for taking Son of Blobby away from his spiritual home at the concrete lavvy pan. However, luckily Mr Blobby still has his two younger brothers for company.

Edited by Mr Blobby

You can collect your free Son of Blobby when we come up on Guy Fawkes day v Montrose. Well done again for winning the Spot the Balls Up Competition. PS. You are a bit of a baw bag for taking Son of Blobby away from his spiritual home at the concrete lavvy pan. However, luckily Mr Blobby still has his two younger brothers for company.

I won't point out the mistake from this issue, or I'd be a massive bawbag!

5 hours ago, Aidan said:

I won't point out the mistake from this issue, or I'd be a massive bawbag!

HaHa! Cheers for that. I'l have to make a new rule that readers can only win the 'Spot the Balls Up competition' once. (I'm still looking for the typing mistakes myself by the way)

Here's a free badge instead...

Keep-the-secrets-badge.png

58 minutes ago, bullyweehutch said:

Probably heading through on the train in a couple weeks (or whenever our game is there) for my first visit to medowbank (god knows how many for my old Man) so where's the best place to get the train to when going to medowbank?

Edinburgh Waverley.

There basically isn't any suburban rail... get off there then take a bus - or walk - past Register House, down Leith Street or Regent Road and along London Road.

Same way you'd go to Hibs, except you head east (right in this photo) instead of north (straight on in this photo) when you reach the big crossroads here:

0_buildings_-_london_road_parish_church_

Edited by HibeeJibee