West Region Superleague Premier League Final Standings 2016-17

scotstvo

14 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Don't set the admin on me. I may have to start liking this thread even if it has to be "with a heavy heart".

A tear-stained 4am Jim Baxters internet resignation speech over this thread is going top of my Santa list now. 

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Nah. When I go it won't be like that. I'll just slip away quietly and you'll all see a lull in the P&B fun levels.
Only then will you understand……

Well record the fun-lull in tabular form to honour your memory. 

Beith are starting to look a bit detached. They obviously have the games in hand but winning those might not be enough to put them in 2nd place. Experience also suggests that teams with too much of a backlog tend not to catch up due to the 2nd part of the season being littered with cup matches. 

Having said that I still think Beith are the best side. 

Also noticing that Cumnock have only 7 league games left. Mentalness. 

Just now, kenny131 said:

Plenty twists and turns to come yet,  I also predict the fixture man to give Beith v Talbot the week before our Scottish match even though there will be teams we've not played yet.

I reckon this is inevitable as is a replay in the Scottish followed by meetings in the Ayrshire and WOS Cups. 

Don't think anyone had Rob Roy at the top more likely the bottom two.
As i was told Rob Roy had several players unavailable that holiday weekend so would have been silly to have played that game especially since Rob Roy didn't request a game that weekend similar as i understand with Troon this coming saturday who also didn't request a game but got allocated a fixture.

You got to think Talbot will win it but they will be made to work for it by several teams this seasons thats for sure.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

When you look at the possible points there's really only a fag paper between 4 teams. One stat doesn't tell the full story of course but it's anyone's title and the head to heads between the main teams are massively influential now. Talbot are the least well placed of the main 4 contenders but they have proved a good few times they have the stomach for these sort of run-ins so maybe a psychological advantage there for them. 

It's going to be a cracking couple of months finding out. In fact I'd go so far as to say the title race is almost as thrilling as the spreadsheets. 

I think 45 points could nick the title agree with points on the board are key but fully expect beith or talbot to go on a run . Also glens have been nicking games which is the sign of champions or will that change? . Rob Roy got points on the board with 5 games against nearest challengers that with have a big say for them , also their Scottish Cup backlog could help other teams catch up on games.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought it was time to bring out my version of the final standings as it's halfway or more fore some clubs through the season
No doubt the usual suspect will be coming out with his nonsense but I wasn't far off the mark last season with my predictions so [emoji867][emoji867]to him. So basically get yer cash on Glenafton folks

Glenafton 59
Rob Roy 58
Talbot. 55
Beith. 55
Pollok. 44
Arthurlie. 40
Hurlford. 39
Ladeside. 38
Cumnock. 34
Buffs. 34
Troon. 31
Largs. 27

Here fan how can so many teams get so many points is that even possible second bottom 31???

That multi coloured table gives me a sore head do you have a black and white version OP??

That's just the maximum points every team can attain. Obviously everyone can't win their games so it will change from week to week . I will update as the season goes on

Archived