West Region Superleague Premier League Final Standings 2016-17

scotstvo

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, scotstvo said:

I'm not convinced that Boolean logic is overly concerned with what you think. ;)

Im still in awe that a home economics teacher has the spreadsheets skills to come up with something as wonderfully wonderful as this!

• 2 weeks later...
Never thought I'd live to see Boolean Arithmetic jokes on here. And yet they call us thickos. [emoji20]

Primary school I was great at maths & it continued to about midway in 2nd year when I was introduced to Algebra . Remember as clear as day thinking how to figure out A2 + B2 equalled C2[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Since I've left school I've never came across it in anyway shape or form & until now I'd never heard of George Boole.

I must be the junior thicko they talk of [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Ps keep up the good work scotsvo

1 minute ago, rednblack said:

Second part of the chart looks like one of those weather temperature charts.

Largs can't win the league feck potential emoji3.png

Heh, it's based on the mathematical certainty that the bottom team's potential total is less than second bottom's actual total.

I suppose the weather chart thing is a fairly appropriate analogy as it uses data to predict a pattern that will most likely be wrong :)

1 minute ago, jimbaxters said:

It's almost like you agree with me, scotsvo. Sit your scotch egg down and delete the program. You know you want to!

I muck about with stats a bit in my work; I know that they're not the be all and end all, but like I've said several times, the patterns are suggestive and are of particular interest once the Winter fixture imbalance starts, just to provide a sense of perspective. I'm not saying it can tell the future. If it could, I wouldn't share it with the rest of the world!

The fact that it annoys you is just a bonus, really :)

44 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

It's not only relevant. it's the opinion of choice for the right minded, straight thinking individual. 

What does that say about you?? Eh?

It says that I'm willing to remove the personal aspect and look objectively and dispassionately at your contribution to this incredible thread.

I crunched the numbers (and by goodness they were particularly crunchy in your case) and the mathematical outcome was that you're talking out you hoop. The margin for error is infinitesimally small. The numbers don't lie.

I'd post my workings but they'd be wasted on you, sadly.

Some interesting developments on the spreadsheet this week.

Rob Roy cement their status as the best-performing team with an impressive win against Hurlford; but the real statistical drama is at the bottom of the table, where Largs home and away record are both now below what is statistically 'normal' after six games

(It's meant to be that 1 is the lowest possible and 9 is the highest; anything exceeding this at either end is, shall we say, unusual).

Likewise then, Kilbirnie's home form so far.

Still early days, of course...

Capture.PNG

Archived