Peterhead FC 2016/17

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone make it down to Montrose last night that can comment on the game? I had planned to go down but didn't finish in time to make it :( working for the two games this weekend as well :(

5 hours ago, balmoor exile said:

According to the team sheet there was not the expected amount of trialists - only Callum Macdonald and Nathan Ross (young striker from Deveronvale?). Perhaps there might be some additions before the weekend.

Have to hope so. Basically the same squad as last season, replacing loanee Gilchrist with Rumsby and not replacing Sutherland or Rodgers (getting an operation?) yet. Midfield looks ok although Jordan Brown really needs to start fulfilling his "potential". Still as desperate at the back with two full backs required, possibly one if Steven Noble can turn the clock back a year or two and some central defensive cover for the inevitable suspensions ( Callum McDonald is a strange one - thought he retired through injury but would be good if he could turn the clock back as well). Also looking short of numbers up front and need to get some quality there too.

Alright saying we have cover from the midfield but look how that turned out last season. As it stands the squad is decent but not going to set the heather on fire and definitely needs some strengthing and fresh blood.

I suppose we might still see a loan player or two once we get to the start of the season - certainly I would like to see another defender if McDonald and Noble aren't back to fitness.

On ‎06‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 8:26 AM, NewBlue said:

Did anyone make it down to Montrose last night that can comment on the game? I had planned to go down but didn't finish in time to make it :( working for the two games this weekend as well :(

We played ok, as often happens in these games knocked the ball around well without really pushing hard for more goals. A free-kick from Stevenson in the 1st half & a header from Brown in the 2nd got the goals. Scott Rumsby played well & along with most of the rest of the Squad Callum McDonald played in the 2nd half & looked fit & well. For the first game of the season it went pretty well.

• 2 weeks later...

So pre-season round up:

Peterhead 2 - 0 Montrose

Peterhead 1 - 0 Fraserburgh

Peterhead 6 - 1 Formartine

Peterhead 3 - Blackpool 4

A decent showing for pre-season but I guess we won't know where we are until the real games start, although I am hoping the team and manager have learned some lessons from last year and we can avoid the stupid mistakes and poor displays from last year.

24 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Did you guys offer callum Mcdonald a deal? Played second half against montrose pre season looked quite solid and fit

No i think it was just to help him with his fitness

Loan signing today

http://www.peterheadfc.com/news/item/1582-peterhead-complete-kelleher-signing

Archived